IndiaDivine.org

Brahma Jyotrimantra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Visti,

I was pondering on your teaching. Perhaps I did not pay adequate attention when I heard your lecture talking about Brahma Jyotirmantra..

Here you have taught different Mantra altogether and so did Pt Sanjay. Is this Brahma as deity is different for different attribute. OR

As the name suggests, is this Mantra like Jyotirlinga Mantra? Brahma is not worshipped as deity is well known but there is complete method available for Invoking and worshipping Brahma with Mantra " Aum Namo Brahmane." Which forms part of ritual called Daily routine for a sadhak.. This is known from the teachings in Mantra Mahodadhih.

The mantra for the worship of Brahma is formed by putting Aum and Hrda ( namah) in the beginning and then Brahma in the Fourth vibhikati so it is Brahmane.

Of course I could be wrong, I am eager to learn, what is the objective of this worship (called Phalshruti,)

I am recalling Pt Sanjay taught about it in Delhi conference. I will check up recording at the moment my laptop is not with me,

Hope you would oblige.

______________-

1.Respected Visti Ji,

I was learning through your lectures, please guide about the method to chant Brahma Jyotirmantra,i.e how many malas per day ,any specific jap mala and best time to chant (morning or evening).Please correct the mantra if this is incorrect-

OM HREEM DHLEEM JYOTIR BRAHMAAYA NAMAH

Best Regards Sunil

2.Dear Sunil, Namaskar

I was never initiated into the Brahma Jyoti Mantra, nor do i know the dhyana or nyasas for this. But, i must say initially that the correct mantra is:

OM shriiM dhliiM jyotirbrahmaaya namaH|

The mantra is ten aksharas, and the Bhagavat Purana advises us to recite the mantra as many lakhs as the mantra has aksharas to attain Purashcarana. This means you must recite it for ten lakh times. This means one million repetitions are required. Now, to do this requires a lot of penance. Its 9260 malas (of 108 beads) in total.

I hope this helps.Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen

3.Thanks for giving correct mantra. Purashcharan i.e reciting million times is really difficult and it will take long time. This mantra has five words, so can I chant 5 malas per day in my daily pooja ? Best Regards sunil

4.Dear Sunil, Namaskar Offcourse you can.

RC Srivastava.

Hare Raama Krsna

Sri Achyutananda Dasa was not only an incredible astrologer he was a fully accomplished Bhakta and Master Yogi. He has written on hatha yoga, karma yoga, bhakti yoga, etc. He has given a specifc Jyoti Sadhana which is for the purpose of removing ignorance so that one can achieve true knowledge (sadjnana). Remember though, this is just one teaching, there is also a full teaching on nada yoga with dhvani sadhanna utilizing the five svaras, the yogic nada sounds, anahatadhvani, etc. And many other sadhanas the realized sage has left for us. Unfortunately, these texts are all in the Oriya language with no translations as of yet.It would be wonderful if we coud find an Oriya speaking student who would be able to translate some of Achyutananda's works into Itrans font at least. For example, here is some of Achyutananda:

Asana bhidi nirbhayena basa

Jyotibrahma goti manare dhyaya

Prana Pabanaku dhire chalaa

Jyotibrahma goti udaye hoye

sweta peeta neela lohita shohe

The Jyoti sadhanna of the Jyoti Brahma is found in Achyutananda's 'Jyoti Samhita'. There are also mantras for this given in other texts of his. It is said that Achyutananda had a vision of Bhagavan and asked to understand the Jyoti Brahma which is also called the Jyoti Purusha in some places, and then he merged into the Jyoti Brahma.

I think should clarify the previous questions.

Jaya Jaganatha

swami <swami_rcs > wrote:

Dear Visti,

I was pondering on your teaching. Perhaps I did not pay adequate attention when I heard your lecture talking about Brahma Jyotirmantra..

Here you have taught different Mantra altogether and so did Pt Sanjay. Is this Brahma as deity is different for different attribute. OR

As the name suggests, is this Mantra like Jyotirlinga Mantra? Brahma is not worshipped as deity is well known but there is complete method available for Invoking and worshipping Brahma with Mantra “ Aum Namo Brahmane.” Which forms part of ritual called Daily routine for a sadhak.. This is known from the teachings in Mantra Mahodadhih.

The mantra for the worship of Brahma is formed by putting Aum and Hrda ( namah) in the beginning and then Brahma in the Fourth vibhikati so it is Brahmane.

Of course I could be wrong, I am eager to learn, what is the objective of this worship (called Phalshruti,)

I am recalling Pt Sanjay taught about it in Delhi conference. I will check up recording at the moment my laptop is not with me,

Hope you would oblige.

______________-

1.Respected Visti Ji,

I was learning through your lectures, please guide about the method to chant Brahma Jyotirmantra,i.e how many malas per day ,any specific jap mala and best time to chant (morning or evening).Please correct the mantra if this is incorrect-

Best Regards Sunil

2.Dear Sunil, Namaskar

I was never initiated into the Brahma Jyoti Mantra, nor do i know the dhyana or nyasas for this. But, i must say initially that the correct mantra is:

The mantra is ten aksharas, and the Bhagavat Purana advises us to recite the mantra as many lakhs as the mantra has aksharas to attain Purashcarana. This means you must recite it for ten lakh times. This means one million repetitions are required. Now, to do this requires a lot of penance. Its 9260 malas (of 108 beads) in total.

3.Thanks for giving correct mantra. Purashcharan i.e reciting million times is really difficult and it will take long time. This mantra has five words, so can I chant 5 malas per day in my daily pooja ? Best Regards sunil

RC Srivastava.

II Om Gurave Namah II

Hari om , Friend,

I appreciate the reply and valued information,

Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah

Sarve Santu Niramaya

Sarve Bhadrani Pasyantu

Ma Kashchid Dukh Bhaag Bhaveit

HARI OM TATSAT

------------------------

R.C.Srivastava

For Consultation -Service

E-mail : swami_rcs

199,MMIG "Guru Kripa"

Shaheed Nagar. Agra 282001

INDIA

Ph +91-562-223-2323/+91-562-400-1223

Mob +91-94122-68768

http://www.cosmograce.com

http://www.kaalvastu.com

http://www.cosmograce.blogspot.com

------------------------

Oh Creator Of The Universe ! We meditate upon thy

radiant power that illuminate our intellects, destroy

our sins, and guide us in the right direction!

-

Freedomji

Friday, December 29, 2006 10:24 PM

Re: [Om Krishna Guru] Brahma Jyotrimantra

Hare Raama Krsna

Sri Achyutananda Dasa was not only an incredible astrologer he was a fully accomplished Bhakta and Master Yogi. He has written on hatha yoga, karma yoga, bhakti yoga, etc. He has given a specifc Jyoti Sadhana which is for the purpose of removing ignorance so that one can achieve true knowledge (sadjnana). Remember though, this is just one teaching, there is also a full teaching on nada yoga with dhvani sadhanna utilizing the five svaras, the yogic nada sounds, anahatadhvani, etc. And many other sadhanas the realized sage has left for us. Unfortunately, these texts are all in the Oriya language with no translations as of yet.It would be wonderful if we coud find an Oriya speaking student who would be able to translate some of Achyutananda's works into Itrans font at least. For example, here is some of Achyutananda:

Asana bhidi nirbhayena basa

Jyotibrahma goti manare dhyaya

Prana Pabanaku dhire chalaa

Jyotibrahma goti udaye hoye

sweta peeta neela lohita shohe

The Jyoti sadhanna of the Jyoti Brahma is found in Achyutananda's 'Jyoti Samhita'. There are also mantras for this given in other texts of his. It is said that Achyutananda had a vision of Bhagavan and asked to understand the Jyoti Brahma which is also called the Jyoti Purusha in some places, and then he merged into the Jyoti Brahma.

I think should clarify the previous questions.

Jaya Jaganatha

swami <swami_rcs > wrote:

Dear Visti,

As the name suggests, is this Mantra like Jyotirlinga Mantra? Brahma is not worshipped as deity is well known but there is complete method available for Invoking and worshipping Brahma with Mantra " Aum Namo Brahmane." Which forms part of ritual called Daily routine for a sadhak.. This is known from the teachings in Mantra Mahodadhih.

Hope you would oblige.

______________-

1.Respected Visti Ji,

Best Regards Sunil

2.Dear Sunil, Namaskar

RC Srivastava.