IndiaDivine.org

Devas' Incarnations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is there an authentic scripture that gives the list of main devas like surya, chandra etc. and their avatars in each yuga? There is info. on Vishnu, Shiva but is there info. on chandra and other lesser deities?

interesting question...I would also like to know more about this.

Where did all of the other demigods such as Indra, Hanuman, Surya, Chandra, Yamaraj etc. come from...what is their "history" ?

interesting question...I would also like to know more about this.

Where did all of the other demigods such as Indra, Hanuman, Surya, Chandra, Yamaraj etc. come from...what is their "history" ?

Much about the "lesser" demigods can be found in the Rg Veda as well as other Vedic texts - I don't know about other texts specifically. Also within the Ramayana and Mahabharatha, and more so in Srimad Bhagvatham, there is plenty of "history" about the demigods. Incidentally, I don't think Hanuman is a demigod - depends on your classification systsyem i guess - but he is a True Devotee of Rama, which far outstrips any demigod by a long shot in my opinion.