IndiaDivine.org

any one here has rudraskh experience?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>From personal experience I'd have to say that there arent any inherent powers of a rudraksha. What I mean to say is if you get it from under the tree, from a shop or a friend, and adorn yourself with it, then it may or may not trigger spiritual effects.

I most cases people experience elation, increased confidence and ascribe too many different phenomena to wearing rudraksha but it is difficult to seperate placebo from actual power.

I think, what I have personally experienced is that there is some type of response from rudraksha when one does sadhana whilst wearing it or using its mala. I only wear my rudrakshas during worship and in the early days didnt get jack out it. However later on my ability to concentrate and physical stillness become much more enhanced and I feel that the rudraksha contributed to it.

>From personal experience and understanding of what the rudraksha physically is [a seed], one must not allow over exposure to water and or soap. Water biologically degrades rudrakshas. I dont consider myself spritual enough to feel the subtle energies of the rudraksha, I simply wear it because it is the symbol of the beloved lord Shiva.

At the end of the day, a linga is a piece of rock or metal, a rudraksha a seed and a mantra a bunch of jibberish. It is the meaning we derive from it and the power the divine graces us with through such media that matter.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

I too am a novice regarding rudraksha. I purchased a rudraksha mala last week from an

Indian imports/grocery store in my city. (Actually I don't know if they're real rudraksha seeds

or not: the shopkeeper tried to sell me a "genuine pearl" mala for $10 more.. I wasn't sure

whether to be insulted or laugh.) Anyway, it's the best I can do locally. So, led by my inner

promptings, I've been using the mala to do japa of Annapurna Mantra while walking to and

from work. It makes use of time I'd otherwise be filling my brain with worries and other

mental chatter, and I arrive feeling (to my pleasant surprise) refreshed and calm. My goal in

doing japa is simply to please Her and to come to greater awareness of Her love. At night, I

place the mala around the Goddess figurine on my altar.

I don't know if this use is proper and traditional, but it seems to be working well for me.