IndiaDivine.org

Can anyone interpret this

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am writing this to find out some answer if it is there for such a question.

I am an ardent devotee of Sree Krishna since I know myself. Now I come to what I want to say.

I had a wierdest experience which was like a dream, but I dont know if it was dream or real. It goes like this.

ON saturday morning Jan 27th, since its a holiday I thought I will sleep for some more time but changed my direction of sleep and kept my head on the North-eastern side near the place where I have kept God. I like sleeping at the foot of Krishna for some unknown reasons.

I had a dream in which I am sleeping in the same pose everything same and I am dreaming within the dream. I hear my mother and dad talking in the kitchen in that dream's dream and I was partially awake to tell myself, how it is possible to have my parents here when they are in INdia. So I was telling myself and woke up and see the digital clock that shows the time as 9.22 and in that semi conscious state I hear my voice of my mom and so to confirm that I was dreaming, I was calling her and as there was no response, I got up and stood to see the things around to confirm further that I was in dream state. Then I turn around to fold my blanket and shocked to see my own body lying on the bed in front of me. I was surprised and shocked and was wondering how that could be possible when I am literally standing and also confirmed that my parents came in my dream and not real anymore. Then in that shock, I suddenly realized that something happend either to me or my parents and closed my eyes and with folded hands in front of my body I was standing and called Krishna Krishna Krishna three times. Then the standing body of me, merged with the sleeping body and I actually felt that kind of jolt in my real time sleep and woke up with palpitation and sweat with a shock from the real sleep. When I checked the digital clock it was showing the time as 9.24. The two minutes between 9.22 and 24 I was standing outside to see myself?

I got really frightened and I am not even an older person by any means, nor unhealthy. I am a regular young guy who ofcourse unlike most young people, I am very devoted and have been thinking of doing the Durga Devi Vritham from this ekadasi (today) for about one mandala (47 days). This dream scared me, but I am still happy, that even in that state, I was able to call Krishna and thats the only peace of mind.

Can anyone tell me any interpretation and is it a good sign or not.

I spoke to my parents to confirm they are fine, but did not tell them anything.

Thanks

Raghavan

You actually had an OBE (Out of Body Experience). Usually people who get operated upon in a hospital, have this kind of experience. There are accounts of people later recalling and telling the doctors and nurses what they were talking during the operation. They were able to observe all this from a vantage point in the operation theater. They could see their own body being operated, while medically they are supposed to be fast asleep induced by anesthesia. This may happen when the mind is active and restless while the physical body is put to rest. Or there may be various other reasons.

But all this proves what Krishna says in the gita: The working senses are superior to dull matter; mind is higher than the senses; intelligence is still higher than the mind; and he [the soul] is even higher than the intelligence. - Bg. 3.42.

You may take to studying the gita, if you haven't started it already. You will find ultimate answers directly from the Lord for all questions.

Hare Krishna.

Thanks for the reply. I have read about OBE and I did feel the same but not sure if that could happen to people who are not sick, not on drugs and someone who is totally normal.

I have and keep reading Gita and I know the verse you mentioned. Well the fact that I felt scared with the kind of dream or experience, does it mean that I am not prepared to accept it yet. (Well I am not prepared as I want to live my life in this body and I want to see Krishna with my real time eyes and not just with the spiritual body and eye and thats my constant prayer to Him. I dont want to leave the body, see Him and come back or not come back. It may sound stupid or kiddish, but whats wrong in liking to see Him in real time?

R

You say you want to meet Krishna and at the same time you're planning on austerities for Durga devi prayers. Why is that?

Thanks for the reply. I have read about OBE and I did feel the same but not sure if that could happen to people who are not sick, not on drugs and someone who is totally normal.

I have and keep reading Gita and I know the verse you mentioned. Well the fact that I felt scared with the kind of dream or experience, does it mean that I am not prepared to accept it yet. (Well I am not prepared as I want to live my life in this body and I want to see Krishna with my real time eyes and not just with the spiritual body and eye and thats my constant prayer to Him. I dont want to leave the body, see Him and come back or not come back. It may sound stupid or kiddish, but whats wrong in liking to see Him in real time?

R

Well the fact that I felt scared with the kind of dream or experience, does it mean that I am not prepared to accept it yet. (Well I am not prepared as I want to live my life in this body and I want to see Krishna with my real time eyes and not just with the spiritual body and eye and thats my constant prayer to Him. I dont want to leave the body, see Him and come back or not come back. It may sound stupid or kiddish, but whats wrong in liking to see Him in real time?

R

There is nothing in wrong in wanting to see Krishna with our very physical eyes. But we need to sufficiently get purified and for that we need to take voluntary tapasya and proper sadhana. When Krishna is pleased with us he reveals himself to us. What more wonderful path can there be other than the one taught by Srila Prabhupada? Srila Prabhupada taught us to love Krishna by chanting His holy names on beads everyday and in order to love Krishna, we need to know more about Him. So we need to learn about Krishna from those pure devotees (Srila Prabhupada) who have already known him.

So by following Srila Prabhupada's instructions as given in his books, your desire to see Krishna in this very life is possible.

You say you want to meet Krishna and at the same time you're planning on austerities for Durga devi prayers. Why is that?

Worshipping Durga is fine. There's nothing wrong with that. Arjuna worships Durga at Krishna's instructions. Durga is shakti manifest and blessed by all the Gods. She is Lakshmi by Narayana, Parvati by Shiva and has all forms of spiritual and material energies controlling the universe.

Durga will give you strength and protect you and you can worship krishna. There is no conflict here except as in the HK philosophy. Don't be bothered much by this experience. I had many such experiences in sadhnas. You are progressing towards your spiritual path. Take up a sadhna - Durga or krishna, with confidence and blessings from your Guru (if you have one), and from the Lord.

Jai Shri Krishna!!!