Rate this topic

Guest guest

Adyatmika Ratna, Vedanta Visarada, Sri Yaaga Vidya Praveena

Dr P V Sesha Sai Aswamedhayaai

1-9-52/F/3, MCH No 2859, Road No 19, Ramnagar, HYDERABAD 500020

www.ashwamedhayaagam.org emails shodasisai

Phones 91-40-27661613 (Tele-fax), 65581368 Cell 9440422613 25th January 2007

My dear friends and like minded persons

Let me first wish you all HAPPY SANKRANTI. I could not compose mail due to continuous travel and of course added with that slight ill health too.

Amazingly Lord granted us – a small group – all opportunities of covering a good number of Northern States between 19th Jan and 24th. I made a mention in my earlier letter that we were proposing to leave for Allahabad to have a holy dip in the Triveni during the Ardha Kumbhamela Utsav. We reached Allahabad 9 hours behind schedule and therefore we made arrangements to shift our camp from Allahabad to Varanasi for the Mouni Amavasya Holy Day.

We had together a Holy dip in River Ganga and performed Pinda Pradaan – oblations to the departed souls of near and dear on the banks of Ganga at the Lotus feet of Kasi Viswanaath. The same day Goddess Visalaakshi and Lord Kaala Bhairav granted us their Holy Darshan and we took rest for a while in Kasi.

On 20th in the early hours we had the Darshan of Kasi Viswanaath and Goddess Annapoorna and straight left for Bihar from Uttar Pradesh to reach Gaya by afternoon. We reached Gaya and again performed Pinda Pradaan to the departed souls on the banks of Phalguni River and at the Lotus feet of Lord Vishnu and took darshan of Goddess Gowri – one of the Sakti Peeth. We visited Bodh Gaya and at that time Buddhist summit is taking place at Bodh Gaya. Thousands of Budhists gathered for the purpose under the Banyan Tree under which Gowtham Buddha was granted the powers of Self Realization for salvation.

After a brief breath that night, in the early hours of 21st we left Bihar for onward journey to Madhya Pradesh with a hope of taking darshan Vindhya Vaasini in Uttar Pradesh. The trip was quite hectic, however, Goddess was kind enough and we enjoyed the darshan of the Sakti Peeth. Crores of people were taking bath in Allahabad during Ardha Kumbhamela and hence the roads leading to Allahabad were totally blocked up.

It was really a strenuous journey but by midnight of 21st we reached Chitrakut in MP. Most of you might know that Lord Raama Stayed in Chitrakut during his tenure in the Forest areas. The most important places worth visiting in Chitrakut are – Spatik Sila where Lord Rama Sat and killed the Demon Kaakaasura – we can taste the Kanda Moolam – the specific roots which Lord Rama used to eat during his Van Vaas; - Rama Darshan, a museum; Kamadgiri – a Holy Hill where people are not permitted to climb; other places which we could not visit – Janaki Kund, Anasuya Ghat, Ram Ghat where Lord Rama crossed the river, Tulasidas Tika Stal etc.

However, we consider ourselves fortunate when we were granted opportunity to perform Homam – Havan just in front of the Holy Lord – Kamad Giri Prabhu for a good length of time amidst tight schedule of journey.

On 22nd after visiting all important places in Chitrakut we left for Allahabad – the main purpose with which we started our journey. Some how we reached Allahabad and my friends pre arranged things so that our vehicles straight reached Sangam – and none of us walked beyond 100 ft. It was a surprising incident and we have no words to express our gratitude to the Holy Lords.

We reached Sangam in Boats and initially performed VENI DAAN – the ladies have to perform pooja to their husbands and request them for Veni Daan in Sangam, they have to sit on the thighs of their husbands when the husbands cut three pieces from three directions of the hair of their ladies and the same is offered to the Sangam. This was done by all of us and we performed Pinda Pradaan at the spot and left for Goddess Laliteswari – Sakti Peeth Mandir in Mirapur of Allahabad.

We had the darshan of Parad Lingam – Mercury Lingam and Goddess blessed us with all love and affection for completing the journey in a most memorable manner. Just 3 and half days – four sakti peethas, one jyothirlinga Stan, pinda pradaan in three places, sitting for meditation under the Bodhi Tree on the first day of Magha Maas - all this beyond description. I personally owe to Lord for his great affection and I fear, I may not be able to discharge my debt to him forever. Then we left for Railway Station in Allahabad to catch our train for Delhi quite well in time.

23rd morning we reached Delhi and some of us visited some important places in Delhi and in the evening we got into our final link of the train to Secunderabad.

I am making arrangements to dispatch Prasad and Holy Vishnu Paad to most of you through courier service.

I am sorry, I could not respond to many of you during the past fifteen days or so; neither could I compose any mail.

May the Gods and Goddess whom we prayed during this trip, BLESS YOU AND YOURS during 2007 and please treat this as our group collective wish for all of you for the New Calendar Year. God bless you all.

Yours affly HARA HARA MAHADEVA DR P V SESHA SAI ASWAMEDHAYAAJI

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers