IndiaDivine.org

Learning from “Management Guru-Prahalad” to “Yoga Guru-Ramdev”

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The traditional approach to creating the capacity to consume among the poor has been to provide the product or service free of charge. This has the feel of philanthropy. As mentioned previously, charity might feel good, but it rarely solves the problem in a scalable and sustainable fashion.”- Prof. C.K. Prahalad

Learning from “Management Guru-Prahalad” to “Yoga Guru-Ramdev”

Lessons from Swami Ramdev - - Saurabh N. Saklani

Aspiring entrepreneurs will do well to study yoga guru Swami Ramdev's meteoric rise and success over the past four years. The swami's mission statement, if he had one in his organisational plan, would probably read ''to create warriors of yoga and transform India and Indians back to the healthy and spiritual land of old.” Right from his easy to follow pranayam and yoga exercises to his rants against cola and junk food companies, the swami's actions demonstrate a carefully planned strategy for success.

During my time at The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) in Silicon Valley, I had the opportunity to hear a lot of Professor C. K. Prahalad's ideas on business and entrepreneurship. His landmark book, The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid , makes a compelling case for focusing on the world's poor for the next round of global economic prosperity.

Interestingly, I noticed that many of Professor Prahalad's key suggestions have been implemented by Swami Ramdev in his phenomenal rise to become a household name in India (he is in the UK teaching pranayam as I write this article).

I will share some insightful excerpts from Professor Prahalad's book The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: Eradicating Poverty through Profits (Pearson Publications 2004) and then look at the relevant aspects of Ramdev's entrepreneurial strategy within that perspective.

Kindly read at: http://tinyurl.com/22d7f9

“All the techniques, all the methods, all the paths of Yoga, are really deeply concerned only with one problem: how to use the mind. Rightly used, mind comes to a point where it becomes no-mind. Wrongly used, mind comes to a point where it is just a chaos, many voices antagonistic to each other, contradictory, confusing, insane”.-OSHO

warm regards & thanks..

Ajay singh Niranjan

http://greathumancapital.wordpress.com/tag/change-management/

AJAY SINGH NIRANJAN

[ If Problem exists .....Solution can not wait ...Think & Try ]

NEW DELHI "I AM STILL LEARNING" .....Peter Senge

Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.