IndiaDivine.org

Learning from INDIA vs.Learning from West Narayan Murthy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Learning from INDIA vs.Learning from West Narayan Murthy

Learning from INDIA:

Dear Friends,

Sharing timeless wisdom of India for learning from my side……

1. Vasudhaiva kutumbakam: Five thousand years ago, when nationalism did not even exist as a concept, Indian Thought talked of Universalism that transcended all boundaries:

“Ayam nijah paroveti ganana laghuchetasam

Udaracharitanam tu vasudhaiva kutumbakam”

“This is my countryman; that is a foreigner—such a view is entertained only by small-minded people; but to the broad, noble-minded, the whole world is one family”.

2. Sarve Bhavantu Sukhina:

“Sarve Bhavantu Sukhina ,Sarve Santu Niramaya

Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu , Maa Kaschit Dukha Bhagh Bhavet”

May all be happy; May all be without disease;

May all have well-being; May none have misery of any sort.

3. Kindly download this audio speech of Swami Vivekananda at Chicago 1893 from following link.

- Sisters and Brothers of America, It fills my heart with joy unspeakable to rise in response to the warm and cordial welcome which you have given us. l thank you in the name of the most ancient order of monks in the world ……

….Sharing this nice Speech by Narayana Murthy for focusing our attention [why India has less Innovation] at targeted space of changes [our mental models].

Learning From the West - N R Narayana Murthy

I will talk about some of the lessons that we, Indians, can learn from the West.

In the West, there is respect for the public good. For instance, parks free of litter, clean streets, public toilets free of graffiti - all these are instances of care for the public good. On the contrary, in India, we keep our houses clean and water our gardens everyday - but, when we go to a park, we do not think twice before littering the place.

Corruption, as we see in India, is another example of putting the interest of oneself, and at best that of one’s family, above that of the society. Society is relatively corruption free in the West. For instance, it is very difficult to bribe a police officer into avoiding a speeding ticket.

Kindly visit & download both speeches at this link: http://greathumancapital.wordpress.com/2007/02/07/learning-from-india-vs-learning-from-west-narayan-murthy/

warm regards & thanks

Ajay Singh Niranjan

http://greathumancapital.wordpress.com/

“That is perfect;This is perfect;Perfect comes from perfect;Take perfect from perfect, the remainder is perfect.Peace. Peace. Peace”- Upanishasd

AJAY SINGH NIRANJAN

[ If Problem exists .....Solution can not wait ...Think & Try ]

NEW DELHI "I AM STILL LEARNING" .....Peter Senge

Never miss an email again!

Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.