IndiaDivine.org

Hari Naam and Book Distribution begins in Marysville, WA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna Prabhus and Mata Jis,

Please accept my humble obesiances with all Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Please allow me to share a tiny story of mine.

For the past few months, I have been trying to make some sense out of my life. A few months earlier I had a dream of Srila Prabhupada, where He suggested me "You have lived your life your way so far, now its time to live it for Krsna". I still remember His words and ever since I was trying to begin somewhere.

Yes, we do Sunday programs, and yes, that's bringing out some relief to my anxiety to serve Krsna and Srila Prabhupada. Yes, I try to lead my life in Krsna Consciousness and make my entire family to follow this supreme method of blissful life. Yes, we do our morning and evening programs in our aashram. Yes, we do Hari Naam on the streets of Seattle, once a while.

But after all this I was feeling some emptiness in my life as if something was lacking. I keep asking Krsna and Srila Prabhupada and of course Damaghosh Das Prabhu in Sedro Wooley, for guidence and the only thing I receive back from all of them is to go out and introduce Krsna to your big family out there, who is already forgotten their relationship about Krsna.

So by Srila Prabhupada's mercy I ordered a case of Bhagwad Gita and a few other cases books from Krishna.tv, along with a tiny bubber stamp of my contact information. The books arrived and the pressure for me to go out and do book distribution built up. I engaged my 2 daughters Alisha (Isha) and Riya (Radhika) and son Partha Dass to stamp all the books, which they did joyfully.

Now, I had had enough of wait. I had to start it somewhere. The question was where? Well, it better be where there was lot of audience. I picked up Marysville, because that's where I live and I wanted to start from this place. So right after my karmi day, I came back to Marysville, and bought a little drum with a stick and stood right outside the music store and started chanting (lots of cars passing by me). Then I came at the major lights of Marysville, and did my Gaura Aarti (I felt like I am the only odd man out there among thousands of people around me) But nevertheless I continued my Kirtan, without even worring about people staring at me as a mad person. As I looked above the sky and felt like Srila Prabhupada and Lord Gauranga are happy to see me doing this.

I finished my Aarti (on the 4 way lights - O By the way there was Gaura Aarti also going on at our aashram at the same time by my family members).

I wasn’t done completely after that, as I headed to the close by Albertson store, which remains busy all the time. I simply stood outside the store with my books bag, a few books displayed on top of it and with Kartaals in my hand. I chanted for 20 min there and wishing Hare Krsna to everyone passing by. People were looking at me and my books as they were passing by but no one did stop and asked about anything. Some looked at me and turned their face away as if I don't exist there and they hadn't heard anything. But some keep looking at me and gave a sweet smile. Although I did not give out any books to anyone, yet somehow I stayed and chanted there for whole 20 min. Fortunately, Albertson folks did not come out with their guns.

After that, I packed up my books and left for my aashram, saw my Deities and offered them Prashaadam and spent time with my kids.

That's it of my story and I desire to continue this today and onwards. Let's see if I can reach out to more people today.

Hari Bol and thanks for your time reading this...

I remain your servant

Kanhaiya DasAnudas

Kanhaiyadas@hotmail.com

Dear Prabhu Kanhaiya Das,

<B> <I> Please accept my humble obeisances at your lotus feet </B> </I>.

If there is any hope at all for the fallen souls like me in kali yuga, it is in devotees such as yourself. I applaud your courage and determination. No doubt, many souls were benefitted by your presence and though they didn't buy any books, many of them will soon begin their march back home, back to Godhead. For they heard the Holy Name of Krsna which can purify anyone in any condition. I hope that many people can also feel the obligation toward our Acaryas and follow in your footsteps. <B> <I>All glories to the Sankirtan movement of the Lord which is the prime benediction for humanity, and all glories to you for your wonderful service! </B> </I>

Hare Krsna Prabhus and Mata Jis,

Please accept my humble obesiances with all Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Please allow me to share a tiny story of mine.

For the past few months, I have been trying to make some sense out of my life. A few months earlier I had a dream of Srila Prabhupada, where He suggested me "You have lived your life your way so far, now its time to live it for Krsna". I still remember His words and ever since I was trying to begin somewhere.

Yes, we do Sunday programs, and yes, that's bringing out some relief to my anxiety to serve Krsna and Srila Prabhupada. Yes, I try to lead my life in Krsna Consciousness and make my entire family to follow this supreme method of blissful life. Yes, we do our morning and evening programs in our aashram. Yes, we do Hari Naam on the streets of Seattle, once a while.

But after all this I was feeling some emptiness in my life as if something was lacking. I keep asking Krsna and Srila Prabhupada and of course Damaghosh Das Prabhu in Sedro Wooley, for guidence and the only thing I receive back from all of them is to go out and introduce Krsna to your big family out there, who is already forgotten their relationship about Krsna.

So by Srila Prabhupada's mercy I ordered a case of Bhagwad Gita and a few other cases books from Krishna.tv, along with a tiny bubber stamp of my contact information. The books arrived and the pressure for me to go out and do book distribution built up. I engaged my 2 daughters Alisha (Isha) and Riya (Radhika) and son Partha Dass to stamp all the books, which they did joyfully.

Now, I had had enough of wait. I had to start it somewhere. The question was where? Well, it better be where there was lot of audience. I picked up Marysville, because that's where I live and I wanted to start from this place. So right after my karmi day, I came back to Marysville, and bought a little drum with a stick and stood right outside the music store and started chanting (lots of cars passing by me). Then I came at the major lights of Marysville, and did my Gaura Aarti (I felt like I am the only odd man out there among thousands of people around me) But nevertheless I continued my Kirtan, without even worring about people staring at me as a mad person. As I looked above the sky and felt like Srila Prabhupada and Lord Gauranga are happy to see me doing this.

I finished my Aarti (on the 4 way lights - O By the way there was Gaura Aarti also going on at our aashram at the same time by my family members).

I wasn’t done completely after that, as I headed to the close by Albertson store, which remains busy all the time. I simply stood outside the store with my books bag, a few books displayed on top of it and with Kartaals in my hand. I chanted for 20 min there and wishing Hare Krsna to everyone passing by. People were looking at me and my books as they were passing by but no one did stop and asked about anything. Some looked at me and turned their face away as if I don't exist there and they hadn't heard anything. But some keep looking at me and gave a sweet smile. Although I did not give out any books to anyone, yet somehow I stayed and chanted there for whole 20 min. Fortunately, Albertson folks did not come out with their guns.

After that, I packed up my books and left for my aashram, saw my Deities and offered them Prashaadam and spent time with my kids.

That's it of my story and I desire to continue this today and onwards. Let's see if I can reach out to more people today.

Hari Bol and thanks for your time reading this...

I remain your servant

Kanhaiya DasAnudas

Kanhaiyadas@hotmail.com