IndiaDivine.org

Can Hinduism Face the Onslaught of Project Thessalonica: No More Hindu Temples?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A sensitive topic; but I have personal experience of the pain and conflict these conversions can create in families, hence my interest in forwarding this mail which I received, entitled, "Project Thessalonica - No More Hindu Temples In the World."

CAN HINDUISM FACE THE ONSLAUGHT OF PROJECT THESSALONICA?

By Alex Pomero

Hindus in India today [...] are prosperous economically and culturally and extremely tolerant of other people and faiths. The government is completely indifferent to the activities of the missionaries in India, in spite of the tremendous damage that missionary activity has wrought on the local population all over India. Seen in this context, the choice of "Thessalonica" as a name for a project focused on converting Hindus of India to Christianity seems particularly apt.

Project Thessalonica aims to stop or limit Hindu activity by converting people who form the pillars of Hindu culture, festivals, traditions and activity. Traditionally missionaries hate any public expression or display of heathen religions in the form of festivals and temples. Missions want to ensure that no new temple construction activity starts. [...]

FOR FULL ARTICLE:

URL: http://www.christianaggression.org/item_display.php?type=ARTICLES&id=1130133787

TINYURL: http://tinyurl.com/2j5sqo

I googled the phrase 'Thessalonica, Project' and, to my great surprise, found umpteen references including this article. There was independent verification of the facts delineated here. No question about conspiratorial planning between evangelist groups and various governments in the west to pour hundreds of millions of dollars in systematic conversion activities in different states of India thru manipulative and devious means.

Let me repeat my previous refrain: Until a large majority of the Christians (and Muslims) realise and agree to declaim their 'divine' prerogative to proselytize and convert non-believers, even where they are allowed to live respectfully as minorities, until then their professions for harmonious Inter-faith dialog will always ring insincere and hypocritical. Today, only in Islamic countries, and in countries like Israel and China, which strictly enforce non-proselytization laws, Christian missionaries are held in check from their coercive conversion practices, which create a lot of social disharmony and tension. This is the one major source of inter-religious strife and discord.

If any of the readers have contrary views, let them come out and express them.

"Ishaa vaasyam idam sarvam yad-kincha jagatyaam jagat." - Ishopanishad

vijay

I have heard that a channel in India published a spy cam interview with the pillars of evangelism that has left them red in the face. I think it was by Tehelka.

Devi <tclived > wrote: A sensitive topic; but I have personal experience of the pain and conflict these conversions can create in families, hence my interest in forwarding this mail which I received, entitled, "Project Thessalonica - No More Hindu Temples In the World."

CAN HINDUISM FACE THE ONSLAUGHT OF PROJECT THESSALONICA?

By Alex Pomero

Hindus in India today [...] are prosperous economically and culturally and extremely tolerant of other people and faiths. The government is completely indifferent to the activities of the missionaries in India, in spite of the tremendous damage that missionary activity has wrought on the local population all over India. Seen in this context, the choice of "Thessalonica" as a name for a project focused on converting Hindus of India to Christianity seems particularly apt.

Project Thessalonica aims to stop or limit Hindu activity by converting people who form the pillars of Hindu culture, festivals, traditions and activity. Traditionally missionaries hate any public expression or display of heathen religions in the form of festivals and temples. Missions want to ensure that no new temple construction activity starts. [...]

FOR FULL ARTICLE:

URL: http://www.christianaggression.org/item_display.php?type=ARTICLES&id=1130133787

TINYURL: http://tinyurl.com/2j5sqo

I googled the phrase 'Thessalonica, Project' and, to my great surprise, found umpteen references including this article. There was independent verification of the facts delineated here. No question about conspiratorial planning between evangelist groups and various governments in the west to pour hundreds of millions of dollars in systematic conversion activities in different states of India thru manipulative and devious means.

Let me repeat my previous refrain: Until a large majority of the Christians (and Muslims) realise and agree to declaim their 'divine' prerogative to proselytize and convert non-believers, even where they are allowed to live respectfully as minorities, until then their professions for harmonious Inter-faith dialog will always ring insincere and hypocritical. Today, only in Islamic countries, and in countries like Israel and China, which strictly enforce non-proselytization laws, Christian missionaries are held in check from their coercive conversion practices, which create a lot of social disharmony and tension. This is the one major source of inter-religious strife and discord.

If any of the readers have contrary views, let them come out and express them.

"Ishaa vaasyam idam sarvam yad-kincha jagatyaam jagat." - Ishopanishad

vijay

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels

in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

I fully support the views. Conversions cannot change a criminal into

a gentleman. What is needed is a conversion of mind -- to visualise all people, irrespective of religion, as one family. Christian Missionaries lack this spirit. Their aim is highly dangerous to India's social integrity.

- In , sankara menon <kochu1tz

wrote:

>

> I have heard that a channel in India published a spy cam interview

with the pillars of evangelism that has left them red in the face. I

think it was by Tehelka.

>

> Devi <tclived wrote: A sensitive topic; but I have

personal experience of the pain and conflict these conversions can

create in families, hence my interest in forwarding this mail which I

received, entitled, "Project Thessalonica - No More Hindu Temples In

the World."