IndiaDivine.org

Alwarthirunagari emperumanar temple Renovation status.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

sri:

sRimathe rAmanuja nAma:

aLwar eMperumanar jEeyar tHiruvadigale sAranam

Dear Bhagavadas,

I am very happy to post the current status of renovation activities happening in alwarthirunagari emperumanar temple. There was a big stumbling factor happened to this process two months before, and that was everybody involved in the reconstruction process was affected with "chickenkuniya" bug. By emperumanar grace, this "chickenkuniya" has no effect on Jeeyar swamigal, so other than jeeyar swamigal everyone else got this bug. In fact, Jeeyar swamigal was forced to do the nithya kainkaryam to emperumanar all alone for atleast a week. Because of this chickenkuniya, temple renovation was paused for 45 days, now for the last 10 days this work is going on with the renewed speed.

Now, Temple rajagopuram re-construction has reached a stage where all the plastering work are completed. It is right time to start fixing the architectural artifacts and install them in the right places. I am still having difficulties to obtain any photograph on the current status of the temple. As soon as, I receive some of these picture, I will update this group.

Finally, Tamilnadu government is going to approve this re-construction process now. Even though tamilnadu government don't control this temple directly, but temple accounts are published to the HR&C department for review. They do a surprise audit to verify that things are going smoothly. The re-construction activity was informed to government some 7 months before and now, its all coming close for the approval.

I will update this group very soon with more details on this process.

Best Wishes,

Adiyen Dasan,

Jegannathan Ramanujam