IndiaDivine.org

A short history of myself and question about devas

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! :)

I have a question for anyone here about devas (I call gods):

I have kind of a strange history being an American; please be understanding (I guess I feel like a 'foreigner' here). I used to be a strong Christian for years but could not keep going in that belief as of this year. I did try going alone by myself but found I had nothing but problems (I was trying to deny my spirituality...and I got bothered a lot by doing so). So I decided to call on a new god (my thinking was the 'Supreme Being', I guess who you folks call Brahman, could send any god to my aid if I asked sincerely). She (a goddess) appeared to me and aided me.

I am currently staying with the goddess I called, but I still have huge struggles with my former Christianity (I feel the 'Jesus' god contesting with my new belief, and it is frustrating. I mean no offense to anyone saying that, but it is true). Is there any advice you folks could give me about devas?

One last question, why does the Supreme Being (you call Brahman) send devas when called (or allow demons)?

Shawn

Guest guest

First of all, i´m also a foreigner here. Even my language is not English, so I apologize for the mistakes.

The only thing I wanted to tell you is that I don´t think Jesus is really contesting with your new belief. I think is just an illusion of your mind, maybe because you fell guilty about leaving the beliefs you were taught in.

I know what I´m saying, because I also left my religion (catholic) to follow my own path (yoga and searching Hinduism), and at the beggining it was really difficult for me, I felt guilty, and I didn´t know if I was doing the right thing.

We are taught in religion very heavily, and it´s hard to follow your own path, whatever it is. But for sure, the Supreme doen´t blame you for being sincere on following your own beliefs. It just our mind, which fears to leave the security of a given thought (by others).

To look for one´s path and to question wheter we have been told is good or bad FOR US is valiant, and if you don´t feel comfortable in your old beliefs IT´S YOUR RIGHT to look for those in which you really believe.

Sorry again for my English. I hope you understand what I wanted to say to you.