IndiaDivine.org

am i qualified?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Question:Say a devotee after getting initiated, is unable to follow one out of four regulative principlesWhat is the consequences of this act?

is initiation meant to help the devotee to get rid such bad habit gradually by the guidance from one's Guru or shall we give away such bad habits before taking initiation..

im planning to take initiation but i have problems to control my senses . i have tried not to do such act for the past 3 months eventually i gave up..i feel shame and feel guilty..

As such am i qualified to take initiation? i have no problem with the other 3 regulative principles.

Question:Say a devotee after getting initiated, is unable to follow one out of four regulative principlesWhat is the consequences of this act?

is initiation meant to help the devotee to get rid such bad habit gradually by the guidance from one's Guru or shall we give away such bad habits before taking initiation..

im planning to take initiation but i have problems to control my senses . i have tried not to do such act for the past 3 months eventually i gave up..i feel shame and feel guilty..

As such am i qualified to take initiation? i have no problem with the other 3 regulative principles.

I think I read in Prabhupada's books somewhere that devotees that don't follow the regulative principles end up being reborn as frogs, animals, etc. in Vrindavana but it is not the same punishment as a karmi because by the special mercy of the Lord they remember their past lives and they want to go back to Godhead when they are in animal and amphibian bodies etc.

So yes apparently there are consequences and the story of Bharata Maharaja is kind of a warning about not being attentive to the transcendental position but also apparently there is never any loss in becoming a devotee either.