IndiaDivine.org

Help on thoughts about paid work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Haribol

I'd like to get your perspective about paid work. I have a permanent job which I have just started a few months ago, which I'd like to leave for a few reasons, a) personal reason ie, I just can't seem to fit in the team-- mostly young people whose topic of discussions I mostly can't stand -- it's too "karmically" gross

b) there is no flexibility with regards to schedule

c) I can get 3 - 4,000 more in annual income if I go to a job that I normally work in

It is not that easy to get a permanent job so I have second thoughts about leaving besides I am middle age now and have children who depend on me solely. Also the industry I am in is Insurance so its a bit far from the gross karmic source. If I leave it's going to be another slog to find another permanent job; though I am confident I can get another job if I broaden my scope. I mean the type of industry.

Are there industries we should'nt be involved in? But if one look at modern society nowadays, industries are link to one another , so there is always karmic reaction involved. And I guess it just a matter of being away far enough from the source of karmic activity. But how far away should we distance ourselves from the source of karnic activity? Or does it not matter so long as you give some money in service of Krishna?

There is no relief. Keep your job. Im well past middle age, in fact, Im retired. I built Trident submarines. My new agie friends criticized my occupation, with their "bad karma vibes". The installed wood stoves. But they also installed a stove for a friend of mine who was a captain of the submarine, and he could independently blow up the planet. Made his life so comfortable. Is their "karma" different from mine. I never made him comfortable, I just kept the subs from blowing up here, kept them from sinking and blowing up over there.

If one touches a US Dollar (or euro or any currency at all), the "karma" of the atrocity of genocidal oil cartelism is on their hands. The oil you get on your hands from your dipstick is really the blood of jihadists mixed with those mercenaries employed by Exxon and BP.

Dont work in slaughter houses. Dont perform abortions. Be practical. But dont be a fanatic, either.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Unfortunately, our less than utopian Krishna consciousness movement has left many of us out in the cold to struggle very hard for survival.

There are no easy answers.

Once we stray from the full-fledged service of the Lord and enter into the karmic realm we are left to our own devices.

In the karmic struggle for existence the ideal situation just isn't there.

Do what you have to do to make it through to the final chapter of life and hopefully you can retire from all these worldy responsibilities and immerse yourself in the Holy Name and hopefully make some spiritual advancement before it's all over.

Middle-age is a good time because your youthful passions are starting to wane but you still have enough strength and energy to make some spiritual advancement.

So, don't wait too long to get back into spiritual life.

Middle-age is good.

Old age is too late.