IndiaDivine.org

Amma - Look an avatar preaching advaita!...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

htt p://ww w.amritapuri. org/teachings/i ndex.php

htt p://ww w.youtube.co m/watch?v=9c1Np--Wr2o&mod e=related&search=

Opinions? Sounds a bit like another Sai Baba and "Bhagavan" Rajneesh

She sang a nice kirtan though: htt p://w ww.youtube. com/watch?v=ZW3a2Nonh8U &mode=related&search=

This may sound bad. But could Mahaprabhu somehow have been exaggerated like this?

Being an aspiring spiritual prostitute (I'd settle for being a spiritual *anything*), I journeyed up to San Leandro to have darshan of Mata Amritanandamayi once (I had seen her earlier in Southern California prior to seeking Hari Nama initiation).

There was certainly a nice, shanti (peaceful) mood of goodness about the proceedings.

No doubt, Amma is somehow empowered and is bringing some light to so many.

The bhajan/kirtan, as you say, was most expert (there was a lady playing tablas that was *FIERCE*).

All the same, having had some association with the Vaishnavas, in the association of Amma and her associates, I got a strong sense of aimlessness. There was no strong sense of destination.

htt p://ww w.amritapuri. org/teachings/i ndex.php

htt p://ww w.youtube.co m/watch?v=9c1Np--Wr2o&mod e=related&search=

Opinions? Sounds a bit like another Sai Baba and "Bhagavan" Rajneesh

She sang a nice kirtan though: htt p://w ww.youtube. com/watch?v=ZW3a2Nonh8U &mode=related&search=

This may sound bad. But could Mahaprabhu somehow have been exaggerated like this?

Guest guest

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

Well in her story. She's God because when she ran towards a Bhagavatam Class she appeared as Krishna to the other people. She loved Krsna so much that she merged with him, she claimed to have found out that she was Krsna. Then all of a sudden she loves Devi and merged with her also...

There is a parralel with this and say Caitanya Mahaprabhu revealing himself as Krsna and Radhe etc.

Well in her story. She's God because when she ran towards a Bhagavatam Class she appeared as Krishna to the other people. She loved Krsna so much that she merged with him, she claimed to have found out that she was Krsna. Then all of a sudden she loves Devi and merged with her also...

There is a parralel with this and say Caitanya Mahaprabhu revealing himself as Krsna and Radhe etc.

I may be arrogant and audacious, but I'm not going to touch this one...

...except to say that, yes, she is God, and, also, she is not God. Same for you.

One difference that immediately comes to mind is: others insisted Mahaprabhu was God Himself (and who are we to argue with them?). He himself never made any such claim and always perfectly played the role of the Servitor of the Lord.

Guest guest

Acintya-bheda-abheda tattva? Or Vishvadvaita?

Well the conviction that Mahaprabhu is God to the extent to say that he eternally performs his past times on the other half the Goloka Vrndavan. Did Mahaprabhu every say this himself?

Guest guest

I had her darshan recently as well, got a mantra from her too in NY almost a week ago.

It was a nice gathering, and I waited very long for her darshan, but I think it was worth it. I can't say I really felt anything or didn't feel anything, all of that is too subjective and I can't really honestly assess whether it helped my state of mind or not, however, I am glad I went.

That was my first encounter with her, but I'll say this much: I never knew she considered herself as God, but even if she does, I'm nobody to say she is a fraud or deluded or any such thing.

I think it's quite a relief to see her not charge anything for her darshan (even if there were a ton of sponsors and sale of food and various items that were somewhat expensive, the main event was free, and I'm glad for that).

I've also been to Swami Ramdev's yoga camp in NY and I enjoyed that as well, which wasn't much more than 2 weeks ago either. I'm trying to keep practicing pranayama early in the morning on a regular basis, as well as chant Amma's given mantra. All I can hope for right now is that it steadies my mind and gives me faith in God which I have to admit has been waning for a long time now.