IndiaDivine.org

Srila Sridhar Maharaja on ISKCON

Rate this topic

In trying to find the mp3 with the "veda means know" statement of Param-Gurudev, I just listened to this:

http://www.archive.org/download/bhakti-rakshaka-sridhara/37_Siksa-guru_parampara.mp3

http://www.archive.org/details/bhakti-rakshaka-sridhara

In it, Srila Sridhar Maharaja is asked about what differences he had with Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja. His response is very interesting.

Also, Srila Sridhar Maharaja very humbly states that he has no desire to make any disruption in ISKCON while at the same time saying that he cannot deny himself.

Srila Sridhara:

Our aspiration should be for such a life. We can sincerely foster the idea to feel attraction to a life of such a plane where everything is of a musical character. This is the land of Vrndavan. This is the land where God is eternally engaged in a sweet play of love with all surrendered souls. Vrndavan is so friendly, so sweet, so near to us, and such a “well-wisher” of ours. We are quite at home there – sweet, sweet home. In our innate and innermost existence we are members of that plane.

Now we have come out, and we have scattered our consciousness all over the surface. Cover, cover, cover – there are so many layers but they are all dry things. And the substance is within. Eliminating this bodily cover, the mental cover, the egoistic cover – I may enter into the land of Vrndavan – the land of love. Vrndavan resides within me, and there I can find my friends everywhere. They are my friends and relatives, and they will give me an all-too-pleasing experience – ecstasy.

So many covers we have made over our selves (swarupa). The acaryas do not explain our own personal insanity, this is our trip. Srila Prabhupada tells us enough when he says "somehow or other we have forgotten our identity". Why delve into this unnecessary information of all these covers we have ammassed from time immemmorial. The acaryas do not preach negative philosophies of hell and damnation, the forcible rape of forced love of god.

They give us KRSNA, the ALL-ATTRACTIVE. The covers GRADUALLY melt as our ATTRACTION to KRSNA moves from a practical science of sadhana bhakti to the spontaneous Bhava, where even the cover of bodily identification is almost nil.

We are quite at home there – sweet, sweet home. In our innate and innermost existence we are members of that plane.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa