IndiaDivine.org

Hope to learn from this great forum.

Rate this topic

labret

Hi,

I’m new here and I wish to learn more about your faith. I’m an Indian Sikh and am very familiar with Hinduism.The first time I read the Bhagawat Geeta, I was struck to see the similarities between our philosophies. They seem identicle. But I seem to be very attracted to the Gaudiya matt. I see so many similarities between the Sikh faith and Gaudiya Vaishnavas.

-Both are Bhagti Yoga-Prema Bhagti Paths.

-Both beleive in the essence of doing Kirtan. You will see Sikhs stressing so much about doing Kirtana, in which we praise Parmatma.

-Both have a initiation ceremony.

-We also stress the importance of vagetarianism.

-Like the Gaudiyas we also do Jaap(recitation) of a Naam Mantra(Gurmantra) given to us by our Guru, which we also call Naam. The Sikhs are supposed to recite this Naam Gurmantra at all times. The more we to Jaap of this Gurmantra, the more we get addicted to Naam, the more love we begin to feel for Parmatma.

Of all the Hindu groups, I feel I can relate most to the Gaudiya Vaishnavas.

I hope to learn as much from this forum as possible about your ways. I especially want to learn about the spiritual aspects of your faith. I'm not familiar with your mystical side yet, as there seems to be very little literature on this subject on the internet.