IndiaDivine.org

Dennis Waite

Rate this topic

nesbittgeorge

My name is George. I have just joined this board and this is my first post here.

My interest is in Advaita. I am reading Dennis Waite's book "The Book Of One" and wondered if anyone else here has read or is reading it.

I found this board via Google.

I hope no-one minds me putting someone's name as the title of a thread. If so, then I apologise for any offence caused.

George

Georgie Boy,

Please post the "Primary Topics" & "Sequential Topics" that comprise the Subject of Advaita, that you have descerned from your readings.

Advaita is a scientific deliniation of the progessive steps in understanding one's orientation in the manifest cosmos [iOW how we are conscious spirit soul and how matter & energy is temporary, how transmigration of the soul occurs, how karma operates, how ego affects our self-esteem, how lust leads to violence and vice-versa etc].

Please list the topics as you see it and/or how it is outlined as a syllabus of topics/facets to learn progessively from soup to nuts.

pre thanks,

Bhaktajan

Bhaktajan,

I have only a very dim understanding of what Advaita "is", if it is actually anything.

Primarily, I see Advaita in one sentence : Everything is one thing. There is nothing seperate from anything else, because there is no "thing" apart from "one thing". All life is equal.

Sequentially, I have difficulty in seeing how individual consciousness and Consciousness are one and the same. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with "Thou art that", merely expressing my confusion about what happens. Is the individual self lost ? I have experienced some moments of a deep silence, some moments of a deep freedom and can distinguish between idle and useful thought.

I do not understand karma clearly and am unsure whether or not I accept its validity. The same goes for reincarnation. If there is no seperate self, then what keeps returning ?

Overall, I am at the level of trying to observe myself thinking. I am taking this very slowly and my attitide is very much "this is what I have found to work for me so far".

It is a very rich and full philosophy and is in accordance with science , in particular physics.

George