IndiaDivine.org

Enjoy now & suffer later or suffer now & enjoy later?

Rate this topic

Guest Melvin1

Guest Melvin1

I came up with this topic when this slogan, " Fly now pay later or pay now fly later" came into view in my mind. It`s like we are being made to choose in life to abstain from sense gratification now and enter heaven later, or enter heaven now and enjoy hell later. Which reminds me of Ajamila. a good man early in his life but later became sinful and with finality destined to go to hell after his death. But before Ajamila could be taken by the soldiers of Yamaraja, the king of hell, the former unknowingly out of love uttered the word Narayana, the name he gave to his 10th child. And there immediately appeared before Ajamila the Visnudutas, the soldiers of Visnu who told the Yamadutas to let go of Ajamila because the name Narayana alone which Ajamila uttered erased all his sins. That it was moot and academic Ajamila`s case should be dismissed. To resolve the issue Ajamila was taken to the sala of Yamaraja who utlimately decides if one should enter hell or not. When Yamaraja heard Ajamila`s case, the King of Hell overwhelmed by his emotions cried after hearing the word Narayana because he remembered Krsna, his worshippable Lord. (This was the reason why Yamaraja dismissed Ajamila`s case)

That story should be a good lesson to all. That no matter how sinful we have heard a person might be still we absolutely have no right to judge him to go to hell just as we have no right to condemn a person guilty of a crime if in his heart that person has been chanting sincerely all his life, " Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare."