IndiaDivine.org

Is vegetarian food only deserves for good sadhana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai gurudev, Dear all Gurubhais I have read in the books and preachings of many of hindu saints emphasise for the satvic food i.e, vegetarian food for deeper meditation and good senses control so that faster progress in spiritual sadhana, maintain peace in community etc. I get confused is that satvic food alone give so much concentration and mind control. Or it is a fact that habit of taking satvic food may help to large extent for controlling the senses and have will make oneself to gain better concentration of the mind to achieve best in any task whether reading, art,performing arts, spirituality. If this is true why from west majority are succeeding in many fields getting all internationally acclaimed prizes and awards,scientific discoveries, highest order of adventures though they vastly habituated to on non vegetarian food habits. This

mean whether food habits has any significance in controlling the mind, concentration and will or not. It is also true we can proclaim our own nation's noted spiritual gurus, national leaders who are having satvic food habits in life for achievement of highest honours in life. However in comparision with the international community who are very successful this again seems a question whether satvic vegetarian food is advisable to many for suceess in sadhana for achievement in life in any field. Coming to spiritual progress the people in other religions Budhism,Zorastianism,Chistianity,Muslim too have a great number of followers of the religion though food habits are non satvic i.e, Non-vegetarian had very high spiritual salvation. So the question remains whether to advocate to children from childhood to advise them to accusotom for vegetarian food is a good choice ?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Why are questioning this? Is it because you are trying to justify it as you may be be eating non-veg.

Read Bhagvat Gita where Lord classifies food under different categories. You will find your answer there.

Also if you are still doubtfull, why don't experiment your self. Eat some Satvic food and do meditation and try eat some non satvic food and do meditation.

You will find that by eating satvic food your mind will not roam. When you have tried it after eating non sativc food, you find that you will not be able hold your thoughts for long, you will have million different things going through your head.

pvs chandrasekharam <pvschandra2002 Sent: Thursday, 17 January, 2008 7:55:58 AM Is vegetarian food only deserves for good sadhana

Jai gurudev,

Dear all Gurubhais

I have read in the books and preachings of many of hindu saints emphasise for the satvic food i.e, vegetarian food for deeper meditation and good senses control so that faster progress in spiritual sadhana, maintain peace in community etc. I get confused is that satvic food alone give so much concentration and mind control. Or it is a fact that habit of taking satvic food may help to large extent for controlling the senses and have will make oneself to gain better concentration of the mind to achieve best in any task whether reading, art,performing arts, spirituality. If this is true why from west majority are succeeding in many fields getting all internationally acclaimed prizes and awards,scientific discoveries, highest order of adventures though they vastly habituated to on non vegetarian food habits. This mean whether food habits has any significance in controlling the mind,

concentration and will or not. It is also true we can proclaim our own nation's noted spiritual gurus, national leaders who are having satvic food habits in life for achievement of highest honours in life. However in comparision with the international community who are very successful this again seems a question whether satvic vegetarian food is advisable to many for suceess in sadhana for achievement in life in any field. Coming to spiritual progress the people in other religions Budhism,Zorastianis m,Chistianity, Muslim too have a great number of followers of the religion though food habits are non satvic i.e, Non-vegetarian had very high spiritual salvation. So the question remains whether to advocate to children from childhood to advise them to accusotom for vegetarian food is a good choice ?

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

One of the gurubhais has actually answered your question...

Existential Proof is the biggest proof, true.

But i know the way u want this to be answered... logically...

So a few important point for your information (only a few, although

this is vast topic but im not going to write full book here)

1) By comparing mind of western scientist with the mind of a yogi, ur

comparing an external movement of mind/consciousness with internal

movement of mind/consciousness. When you direct the mind

inwards " Chitt ko swayam mein leen karna " , when you use the mind to

go beyond mind itself, you use it in a different way, in a way the it

bows down and allows you to see the true self, god within.

2) It is not a must to be vegetarian to be enlightened... true,

Mohamad was a meat eater, Jesus ate at times, many other masters

have... even in todays world some living master ate meat at times,

even buddha died bcoz he had to accept pork from a disciple (how he

died is another story...), still, Gautam Buddha himself said " When a

person becomes vegetarian, he puts the first step in realm of

spirituality " . He is not being a hypnocryte, Gurus are " Trigun-

Aateet " (beyond three gunas) so it doesnt affect them.

It is just that, without meat, your mind and body becomes light.

Thats it, a light mind and body is easier to control. See the life of

a herbivore, a horse runs long and lives long... a tiger run short

and lives short... and this is somethign u need to experiemtn in

yourself. So mind u, even a sattvic diet in bulk actually becomes

Tamsaic! You cannot stuff your stomach with 10 kg fruits and call

urself sattvic.

And especially in context of " Tantra-Mantra-Yantra " Sadhnas, where so

much repetetion of mantras is required, u need to have a light body.

Mantra sadhna by Dakshin maarg requires this Sattvic diet. Or an

Aghori eats human flesh as well, his path is different. If your are

just living as a layman doing breathing meditation etc at times then

it may be okay for you (although there also Sattvic diet will help)

but if you have chosen this path to attain something, then it become

important.

So my dear fried, dont go by the medical reports you see in the

mordern world today, this science is still evolving! Go by repeating

existential proofs! Dont you see, slowly they are going back to the

same results, same conclusion which have been made as traditions in

our country since thousands of years!

I dont want to confuse you with much, still

The thing is... being light in body, loving in heart (sattvic

happiness comes by making other happy without wanting them to make

you happy in return, unconditional), concentrated in mind.

Peace!

, uj9vy uj9vy <uj9vy1 wrote:

>

> Why are questioning this? Is it because you are trying to justify

it as you may be be eating non-veg.

>

> Read Bhagvat Gita where Lord classifies food under different

categories. You will find your answer there.

>

> Also if you are still doubtfull, why don't experiment your self.

Eat some Satvic food and do meditation and try eat some non satvic

food and do meditation.

>

> You will find that by eating satvic food your mind will not roam.

When you have tried it after eating non sativc food, you find that

you will not be able hold your thoughts for long, you will have

million different things going through your head.

> pvs chandrasekharam <pvschandra2002

>

> Thursday, 17 January, 2008 7:55:58 AM

> Is vegetarian food only deserves for good

sadhana

>

> Jai gurudev,

>

> Dear all Gurubhais

>

> I have read in the books and preachings of many of hindu saints

emphasise for the satvic food i.e, vegetarian food for deeper

meditation and good senses control so that faster progress in

spiritual sadhana, maintain peace in community etc. I get confused is

that satvic food alone give so much concentration and mind control.

Or it is a fact that habit of taking satvic food may help to large

extent for controlling the senses and have will make oneself to gain

better concentration of the mind to achieve best in any task whether

reading, art,performing arts, spirituality. If this is true why from

west majority are succeeding in many fields getting all

internationally acclaimed prizes and awards,scientific discoveries,

highest order of adventures though they vastly habituated to on non

vegetarian food habits. This mean whether food habits has any

significance in controlling the mind, concentration and will or

not. It is also true we can proclaim our

> own nation's noted spiritual gurus, national leaders who are

having satvic food habits in life for achievement of highest honours

in life. However in comparision with the international community

who are very successful this again seems a question whether satvic

vegetarian food is advisable to many for suceess in sadhana for

achievement in life in any field. Coming to spiritual progress the

people in other religions Budhism,Zorastianis m,Chistianity, Muslim

too have a great number of followers of the religion though food

habits are non satvic i.e, Non-vegetarian had very high spiritual

salvation. So the question remains whether to advocate to children

from childhood to advise them to accusotom for vegetarian food is a

good choice ?

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

> ________

> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail.

>

jai Gurudev,

There is no question of eating veg or non veg food or getting succeed or failer by eating non

veg food. we hindu believe in non violence if we could not given a birth to any animal then

we have not right to kill any animal. why should we killed animal ? here, a lot of vegetarian

food we get to eat. you should observed animals who eats non veg food like lion,tiger,dog..

are they quiet ? and observe animals who eats veg food like cow,elephant,horse,girrafe...

they are quiet.even you observe this difference in birds also. you could observe that animals

who depends on veg food are quiet,peaceful,non violence,giant and more potent.our fiction of

jaw is like a veg eating animals not like a non veg eating animals. and don't

compare west people because they have reached nowhere. they almost have lost their heart

(feeling).they live mechanically.why should you not question yourself that more people are

enlighted in east not west ?what is the reason ? if you wan't to lost your heart then for you

west is good otherwise east. i live here in west and i feel many many things and now i

realize that no other country compare to our hindu culture, our society's systems, our all

religious scriptures.

pvs chandrasekharam <pvschandra2002 Sent: Wednesday, 16 January, 2008 11:55:58 PM Is vegetarian food only deserves for good sadhana

Jai gurudev,

Dear all Gurubhais

I have read in the books and preachings of many of hindu saints emphasise for the satvic food i.e, vegetarian food for deeper meditation and good senses control so that faster progress in spiritual sadhana, maintain peace in community etc. I get confused is that satvic food alone give so much concentration and mind control. Or it is a fact that habit of taking satvic food may help to large extent for controlling the senses and have will make oneself to gain better concentration of the mind to achieve best in any task whether reading, art,performing arts, spirituality. If this is true why from west majority are succeeding in many fields getting all internationally acclaimed prizes and awards,scientific discoveries, highest order of adventures though they vastly habituated to on non vegetarian food habits. This mean whether food habits has any significance in controlling the mind,

concentration and will or not. It is also true we can proclaim our own nation's noted spiritual gurus, national leaders who are having satvic food habits in life for achievement of highest honours in life. However in comparision with the international community who are very successful this again seems a question whether satvic vegetarian food is advisable to many for suceess in sadhana for achievement in life in any field. Coming to spiritual progress the people in other religions Budhism,Zorastianis m,Chistianity, Muslim too have a great number of followers of the religion though food habits are non satvic i.e, Non-vegetarian had very high spiritual salvation. So the question remains whether to advocate to children from childhood to advise them to accusotom for vegetarian food is a good choice ?

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Pranam Ashish,1st of of your name attract me to read your email. If you don't mind r u from Chicago,IL ? because you mention you are from west?RegardsrpASHISH ARVINDBHAI PATEL <afchem_999 wrote: jai Gurudev, There is no question of eating veg or non veg food or getting succeed or failer by eating non veg food. we hindu believe in non violence if we could not given a birth to any animal then we have not right to kill any animal. why should we killed animal ? here, a lot of vegetarian food we get to eat. you should observed animals who eats non veg food like lion,tiger,dog.. are they quiet ? and observe animals who eats veg food like cow,elephant,horse,girrafe... they are quiet.even you observe this difference in birds also. you could observe that animals who depends on veg food are quiet,peaceful,non violence,giant and more potent.our fiction of jaw is like a veg eating animals not like a non veg eating animals. and don't compare west people because they have reached nowhere. they almost have lost their heart (feeling).they live mechanically.why should you not question yourself that more people are enlighted

in east not west ?what is the reason ? if you wan't to lost your heart then for you west is good otherwise east. i live here in west and i feel many many things and now i realize that no other country compare to our hindu culture, our society's systems, our all religious scriptures. pvs chandrasekharam <pvschandra2002 > Sent: Wednesday, 16 January, 2008 11:55:58 PM Is vegetarian food only deserves for good sadhana Jai gurudev, Dear all Gurubhais I have read in the books and preachings of many of hindu saints emphasise for the satvic food i.e, vegetarian food for deeper meditation and good senses control so that faster progress in spiritual sadhana, maintain peace in community etc. I get confused is that satvic food alone give so much concentration and mind control. Or it is a fact that habit of taking satvic food may help to large extent for controlling the senses and have will make oneself to gain better concentration of the mind to achieve best in any task whether reading, art,performing arts, spirituality. If this is true why from west majority are succeeding in many fields getting all internationally acclaimed prizes and awards,scientific discoveries, highest order of adventures though they vastly habituated to on non vegetarian food

habits. This mean whether food habits has any significance in controlling the mind, concentration and will or not. It is also true we can proclaim our own nation's noted spiritual gurus, national leaders who are having satvic food habits in life for achievement of highest honours in life. However in comparision with the international community who are very successful this again seems a question whether satvic vegetarian food is advisable to many for suceess in sadhana for achievement in life in any field. Coming to spiritual progress the people in other religions Budhism,Zorastianis m,Chistianity, Muslim too have a great number of followers of the religion though food habits are non satvic i.e, Non-vegetarian had very high spiritual salvation. So the question remains whether to advocate to children from childhood to advise them to accusotom for vegetarian food is a good choice

? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. RP

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

jai gurudev,

Rakesh,

I'm from Lowell,MA.

RAKESH PATEL <rdrugistSent: Monday, 21 January, 2008 6:53:33 AMRe: Is vegetarian food only deserves for good sadhana

Pranam Ashish,1st of of your name attract me to read your email. If you don't mind r u from Chicago,IL ? because you mention you are from west?RegardsrpASHISH ARVINDBHAI PATEL <afchem_999 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

jai Gurudev,

There is no question of eating veg or non veg food or getting succeed or failer by eating non

veg food. we hindu believe in non violence if we could not given a birth to any animal then

we have not right to kill any animal. why should we killed animal ? here, a lot of vegetarian

food we get to eat. you should observed animals who eats non veg food like lion,tiger,dog. .

are they quiet ? and observe animals who eats veg food like cow,elephant, horse,girrafe. ..

they are quiet.even you observe this difference in birds also. you could observe that animals

who depends on veg food are quiet,peaceful, non violence,giant and more potent.our fiction of

jaw is like a veg eating animals not like a non veg eating animals. and don't

compare west people because they have reached nowhere. they almost have lost their heart

(feeling).they live mechanically. why should you not question yourself that more people are

enlighted in east not west ?what is the reason ? if you wan't to lost your heart then for you

west is good otherwise east. i live here in west and i feel many many things and now i

realize that no other country compare to our hindu culture, our society's systems, our all

religious scriptures.

pvs chandrasekharam <pvschandra2002@ >@ s.comWednesday, 16 January, 2008 11:55:58 PM Is vegetarian food only deserves for good sadhana

Jai gurudev,

Dear all Gurubhais

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

RP

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here

, " scorpion_1112in "

Nice answer. Appreciate it.

<scorpion_1112in wrote:

>

>

> One of the gurubhais has actually answered your question...

>

> Existential Proof is the biggest proof, true.

>

> But i know the way u want this to be answered... logically...

> So a few important point for your information (only a few,

although

> this is vast topic but im not going to write full book here)

>

> 1) By comparing mind of western scientist with the mind of a yogi,

ur

> comparing an external movement of mind/consciousness with internal

> movement of mind/consciousness. When you direct the mind

> inwards " Chitt ko swayam mein leen karna " , when you use the mind

to

> go beyond mind itself, you use it in a different way, in a way the

it

> bows down and allows you to see the true self, god within.

>

> 2) It is not a must to be vegetarian to be enlightened... true,

> Mohamad was a meat eater, Jesus ate at times, many other masters

> have... even in todays world some living master ate meat at times,

> even buddha died bcoz he had to accept pork from a disciple (how

he

> died is another story...), still, Gautam Buddha himself said " When

a

> person becomes vegetarian, he puts the first step in realm of

> spirituality " . He is not being a hypnocryte, Gurus are " Trigun-

> Aateet " (beyond three gunas) so it doesnt affect them.

>

> It is just that, without meat, your mind and body becomes light.

> Thats it, a light mind and body is easier to control. See the life

of

> a herbivore, a horse runs long and lives long... a tiger run short

> and lives short... and this is somethign u need to experiemtn in

> yourself. So mind u, even a sattvic diet in bulk actually becomes

> Tamsaic! You cannot stuff your stomach with 10 kg fruits and call

> urself sattvic.

>

> And especially in context of " Tantra-Mantra-Yantra " Sadhnas, where

so

> much repetetion of mantras is required, u need to have a light

body.

> Mantra sadhna by Dakshin maarg requires this Sattvic diet. Or an

> Aghori eats human flesh as well, his path is different. If your

are

> just living as a layman doing breathing meditation etc at times

then

> it may be okay for you (although there also Sattvic diet will

help)

> but if you have chosen this path to attain something, then it

become

> important.

>

> So my dear fried, dont go by the medical reports you see in the

> mordern world today, this science is still evolving! Go by

repeating

> existential proofs! Dont you see, slowly they are going back to

the

> same results, same conclusion which have been made as traditions

in

> our country since thousands of years!

>

> I dont want to confuse you with much, still

>

> The thing is... being light in body, loving in heart (sattvic

> happiness comes by making other happy without wanting them to make

> you happy in return, unconditional), concentrated in mind.

>

> Peace!

>

>

>

> , uj9vy uj9vy <uj9vy1@> wrote:

> >

> > Why are questioning this? Is it because you are trying to

justify

> it as you may be be eating non-veg.

> >

> > Read Bhagvat Gita where Lord classifies food under different

> categories. You will find your answer there.

> >

> > Also if you are still doubtfull, why don't experiment your self.

> Eat some Satvic food and do meditation and try eat some non satvic

> food and do meditation.

> >

> > You will find that by eating satvic food your mind will not

roam.

> When you have tried it after eating non sativc food, you find

that

> you will not be able hold your thoughts for long, you will have

> million different things going through your head.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > pvs chandrasekharam <pvschandra2002@>

> >

> > Thursday, 17 January, 2008 7:55:58 AM

> > Is vegetarian food only deserves for good

> sadhana

> >

> > Jai gurudev,

> >

> > Dear all Gurubhais

> >

> > I have read in the books and preachings of many of hindu saints

> emphasise for the satvic food i.e, vegetarian food for deeper

> meditation and good senses control so that faster progress in

> spiritual sadhana, maintain peace in community etc. I get confused

is

> that satvic food alone give so much concentration and mind

control.

> Or it is a fact that habit of taking satvic food may help to

large

> extent for controlling the senses and have will make oneself to

gain

> better concentration of the mind to achieve best in any task

whether

> reading, art,performing arts, spirituality. If this is true why

from

> west majority are succeeding in many fields getting all

> internationally acclaimed prizes and awards,scientific

discoveries,

> highest order of adventures though they vastly habituated to on

non

> vegetarian food habits. This mean whether food habits has any

> significance in controlling the mind, concentration and will or

> not. It is also true we can proclaim our

> > own nation's noted spiritual gurus, national leaders who are

> having satvic food habits in life for achievement of highest

honours

> in life. However in comparision with the international community

> who are very successful this again seems a question whether

satvic

> vegetarian food is advisable to many for suceess in sadhana for

> achievement in life in any field. Coming to spiritual progress

the

> people in other religions Budhism,Zorastianis m,Chistianity,

Muslim

> too have a great number of followers of the religion though food

> habits are non satvic i.e, Non-vegetarian had very high spiritual

> salvation. So the question remains whether to advocate to

children

> from childhood to advise them to accusotom for vegetarian food is

a

> good choice ?

> >

> >

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile.

> Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

> > ________

> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail.

> >

>