IndiaDivine.org

Empty of What ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Friends:

All is Empty of any Self, Ego, I, Me, & Identical Identity!Then the Venerable Ananda approached the Blessed One and asked him: Venerable Sir, it is said: Empty is the world, empty is the world ...In what way, Venerable Sir, is it, that this world is Empty ???It is, Ananda, because it is empty of a self & of what belongs to a self,that it is said, Empty is the world...And what is it, which is empty of any self and of what belongs to a self?The eye is empty of any self. All forms are empty of any self. Visual consciousness is empty of any self. Eye-contact is empty of any self. Whatever feeling arised caused by eye-contact, that too is empty of any self, and of what belongs to a self...The ear is empty of any self. All sounds are empty of any self. Auditory consciousness is empty of any self. Ear-contact is empty of any self. Whatever feeling arised caused by ear-contact, that too is empty of any self, and of what belongs to a self...The nose is empty of any self. All smells are empty of any self. Olfactory consciousness is empty of any self. Nose-contact is empty of any self. Whatever feeling arised caused by nose-contact, that too is empty of any self, and of what belongs to a self...The tongue is empty of any self. All flavours are empty of any self. Gustatory consciousness is empty of any self. Tongue-contact is empty of any self. Whatever feeling arised caused by tongue-contact, that too is empty of any self, and of what belongs to a self...The body is empty of any self. All touches are empty of any self. Tactile consciousness is empty of any self. Body-contact is empty of any self. Whatever feeling arised caused by body-contact, that too is empty of any self, and of what belongs to a self...The mind is empty of any self. All thoughts are empty of any self. Mental consciousness is empty of any self. Mental-contact is empty of self. Whatever feeling arised caused by all mental-contact, that too is empty of self, and of what belongs to a self...It is, Ananda, because all this is empty of any self & of what belongsto a self, that it is said: Empty is the world...

Source:The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya. Book IV [54]Section 35: On The 6 Senses. Empty is the World: 85. http://www.pariyatti.com/book.cgi?prod_id=948507http://www.accesstoinsight.org/canon/samyutta/index.html

PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

Friendship is the Greatest ... Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!! http://What-Buddha-Said.net Buddha-Direct What_Buddha_Said Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.