IndiaDivine.org

Sequential Substitution ... !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Friends:

How to gradually exchange gross Feeling with fine Feeling?There are 6 kinds of Feeling: Feeling born of eye-contact, ear-contact, nose-contact, tongue-contact, body-contact and mind-contact.

1: One exchanges these 6 kinds of gladness (mental pleasurable feeling) of the lay householder with the 6 kinds of gladness of the Noble life...

2: One then exchanges the 6 kinds of sadness (mental painful feeling) of the lay householder with the 6 kinds of sadness of the Noble life...

3: One then exchanges the 6 kinds of indifference (mental neutral feeling) of the lay householder with the 6 kinds of equanimity of the Noble life...

4: One exchanges the 6 Noble sadnesses with the 6 kinds of Noble gladness...

5: One exchanges the 6 Noble gladnesses with the 6 kinds of Noble equanimity...

6: One then exchanges the 6 kinds of Noble equanimity based on diversity, with the one single Noble equanimity based on Unity... 7: One exchanges the Noble equanimity based on Unity with Non-identification...

Source text: MN 137. The Moderate Speeches of the Buddha: Majjhima Nikaya 137.

PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

Friendship is the Greatest ... Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!! http://What-Buddha-Said.net Buddha-Direct What_Buddha_Said Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.