IndiaDivine.org

The 4 Noble Truths ... !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Friends:

These Four Noble Truths are the very Core of Buddhism...

1: This is Suffering!Suffering is of three kinds:a: Obvious suffering, which is any painful bodily feeling & any miserable mental feeling.b: Suffering due to change includes also pleasant feeling as this indeed becomes quite disappointing, when it, as it always do, changes, fades, goes away and finally vanishes.c: Suffering due to construction is all that is conditioned and which thus later falls apart. This also includes any object which induces a neutral neither-painful-nor-pleasant feeling.This first Noble Truth of Suffering have to be fully understood in all aspects...2: This Craving is the Cause of Suffering!a: Craving for sensing various things. (Nice form, sound, smell, taste, touch, & mental state.)b: Craving for becoming of various states. (ex: May I become rich, forever young, famous!)c: Craving for non-becoming of various states. (ex: May I not die, not become sick & old!)This Second Noble Truth on the Cause of Suffering have to be overcome & eliminated...3: Absence of Craving is the End of Suffering!a: Not craving any sensing as these fleeting stimuli are seen as gross & vanishing anyway ...b: Not craving for any form of becoming as all states - even divine - change & decay anyway...c: Not craving any non-becoming, but accepting what have to come (ex: ageing, sickness, death)....This Third Noble Truth on the End of Suffering have to be made real & ever present...

4: The Noble 8-Fold Way is the Method to End Suffering!

Which Noble Eight-fold Way has to be developed in order to end all suffering?

Right View (sammā-ditthi)Right Motivation (sammā-sankappa)Right Speech (sammā-vācā)Right Action (sammā-kammanta)Right Livelihood (sammā-ājīva)Right Effort (sammā-vāyāma)Right Awareness (sammā-sati)Right Concentration (sammā-samādhi)

This Fourth Noble Truth on the Way to End Suffering has to be initiated and fully completed.

PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

Friendship is the Greatest ... Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!! http://What-Buddha-Said.net Buddha-Direct What_Buddha_Said Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.