IndiaDivine.org

The Clothes ... !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Friends:

Venerable Sariputta explains the Seven Links to Awakening!

Venerable Sariputta once said: Friends! Friend; the Bhikkhus replied. Venerable Sariputta then explained this: Friends, there are these Seven Links to Awakening. What seven?

1: The Awareness Link to Awakening.2: The Investigation Link to Awakening.3: The Energy Link to Awakening.4: The Joy Link to Awakening.5: The Tranquillity to Awakening.6: The Concentration Link to Awakening.7: The Equanimity Link to Awakening.

These are the Seven Links to Awakening.In whichever of these Seven Links to Awakening, I wish to dwell in the morning, in that I abide in the morning; in whichever I wish to dwell at noon, in that I abideat noon; in whichever I wish to dwell in the evening, in that I abide in the evening...Suppose a king or a minister had a cupboard full of clothes of many various colours, then whichever pair of clothes he wished to put on in the morning, that he would put on in the morning; whichever clothes he wished to put on at noon, that he would put on at noon; & whichever clothes he wished to put on in the evening, that he would put on in the evening: so too, in whichever of these Seven Links to Awakening, I wish to abide in for whatever period, in that indeed I easily abide dwelling fully absorbed...If it occurs to me that now there is The Awareness Link to Awakening present in me, then it occurs to me that it is measureless, & it occurs to me that it is well established; and while it is remaining I know that it remains; and if it falls away in me, then I know that it falls away caused by this or that specific condition & definable circumstance!So too with the other six links to awakening. I note & know their presence & ceasing.

Source (edited extract): The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya. Book [V: 70-1] section 46: The Links.4: The Clothes...

PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka. Friendship is the Greatest ... Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

http://What-Buddha-Said.net Buddha-Direct What_Buddha_Said Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.