IndiaDivine.org

Beautiful Deliverance ... !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Friends:

How is Release by Friendliness Achieved?

The Blessed Buddha once said:And how, Bhikkhus, is the mental release by universal friendliness achieved? What does this liberation have as its destination, what is its culmination, what is its sweet fruit, what is the final goal of such mental release by universal friendliness? Here, Bhikkhus, a Bhikkhu dwells pervading the frontal quadrant, with a mind imbued with infinite friendliness, so the second quarter, the third quarter, and the fourth quarter. Thus above, below, across, and everywhere, and to all beings as to himself, he dwells pervading the entire universe with a mind saturated with unlimited friendliness, immense, exalted, vast, measureless, without hostility, without enmity, without any ill will! Thus prepared and expanded he then develops:1: The Awareness Link to Awakening joined with limitless friendliness.2: The Investigation Link to Awakening fused with such friendliness.3: The Energy Link to Awakening together with infinite friendliness.4: The Joy Link to Awakening accompanied with absolute friendliness.5: The Tranquillity Link to Awakening linked with open friendliness.6: The Concentration Link to Awakening associated with friendliness.7: The Equanimity Link to Awakening joined with endless friendliness.Based upon seclusion, disillusion, ceasing, and culminating in release. If he then wishes: May I dwell experiencing the repulsive in the unrepulsive & tempting, then he can dwell experiencing the repulsive therein. If he wishes: May I dwell experiencing the unrepulsive in the disgusting repulsive, then he dwells experiencing the unrepulsive in whatever disgusting! If he wishes: May I dwell experiencing the repulsive in what is bothunrepulsive & repulsive, he dwells experiencing repulsive disgust in it. If he wishes: May I dwell experiencing the unrepulsive in what is bothunrepulsive & repulsive, he experiences only unrepulsive beauty by it! If he wishes: Avoiding both the repulsive and the unrepulsive, may I dwell in equanimity, just aware and clearly comprehending, then hedwells in equanimity, just aware and clearly comprehending. Or else he enters and dwells in the mental deliverance by the beautiful...I tell you Bhikkhus for a wise Bhikkhu here who has not penetrated to an even more superior mental release, this release of mind by pureinfinite friendliness has the beautiful deliverance as its culmination!

Source of reference (edited extract): The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya.Book [V: 115-21] 46: The Links. 54: Joined by Friendliness...

PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

Bhikkhu Samahita, Ceylon. Friendship is the Greatest ... Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

http://What-Buddha-Said.net Buddha-Direct What_Buddha_Said Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.