IndiaDivine.org

Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Mitesh/Utpal and all, The videographer should have done a better job, I mean, I should have done a better job. I have learnt some lessons after this shoot. I have known Narasimhaji for over 10 years, I first met him in July 1998. I married his wife's sister in Jan 1999. I used to live in New Jersey and often visit Narasimhaji's family (almost every month) until Nov 2005, when destiny moved me permanently close to him (Boston). I lived for 6 months in his home. He looked after me as his own brother during those months. Again, destiny, I bought a home just 3 homes away from his. Even though 3 homes apart, many of our weekends are spent in either of our homes. Since day one, I had a lot of respect for him. I also admired his

in-depth knowledge in various areas. On Jan 31st morning, Narasimhaji setup everything necessary for Homam. I quickly went through various options in the Camcorder. Narasimhaji said "Ravi Shall we start". I looked at him and was mesmerized by the look in his face, him sitting in front of the homa kundam. Even after so many years of association, all of a sudden I felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that has been just told to climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea looked like an uphill task for me. I was trembling, I said yes, let's start and started recording, my hands still shaking. If you closely look at the first 10-12 secs of the video, you will notice the shake in the camera. He has lost a lot of weight over the last 5 years or so. With the clothes that he put on in the video, it is not seen, but he is much thinner and with the beard gone now, he looks much

younger, much different. Internal changes bring about external changes and he has gone through ton of them. His actions/words speak all these. I am not bored listening him talk on the same topics over and over and over and over... I am not bored reading his writings in this forum over and over and over and over... As Narayan once said, we are grateful to have Narasimhaji and Manishji guide us through our lives. I have learnt a lot from Masterji and there is lot more to learn.

I sincerely bow down to Masterji. I salute him for his dedication and

unselfish service to the world. RegardsRavim540i98 <m540i98 Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 10:21:26 AM Regarding Homam video

Namaste

The video is very good, Good work by the video grapher and Narasimha.

It was a pleasure watching it and I feel that I will watch it a few

more times.

Most importantly I want to bring out the fact that when one does a lot

japams and homams, the good work is reflected in the persons face,

the lustre etc. Although I have not met Narasimha ever, I have seen

one picture of him may be from many years ago and now the video.

There is a striking difference between the two.

The transformation internally may be more intense and fantanstic.

On a different note, I have heard from a very realized soul that

The Saffron color or the Garoua color one donned by monks is reserved

for them, it is not advisible for people like us married or single to

put it on. Many years ago the realized sould did explain me the

reasons but I dot remember more things about.

I have seen in Acharya Rajnish order a lot of family oriented people

putting it on.

The color signifies detachment.

What the the views of the people here?

Best Regards

Mitesh

Namaste Ravi Garu !!!

>all of a sudden I felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that

>has been just told to climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea

>looked like an uphill task for me. I was trembling, I said yes,

>let's start and started recording, my hands still shaking

I can really understand that. I've called him only once over phone.

when he talked to me i actually 'blabbered'. i forgot all wanted to

speak to him and my tongue actually faltered.

after reading your mail, i felt " Saatwikly jealous' if at all such

classification exist. i've never missed U.S. or any other country.

there never was any desire to visit those countries but now i miss

boston. i do really miss. now i pray to mother if she can bring me

closer to you all. Is there 'Siemens' exist in boston? i am an

Industrial automation engineer- PLC, SCADA All that stuff.. :)

before i forget - Thank you for the Video.

Warm Regards,

Utpal

, Ravi Poruri <rporuri wrote:

>

> Namaste Mitesh/Utpal and all,

> The videographer should have done a better job, I mean, I

should have done a better job. I have learnt some lessons after this

shoot.

> I have known Narasimhaji for over 10 years, I first met him

in July 1998. I married his wife's sister in Jan 1999. I used to

live in New Jersey and often visit Narasimhaji's family (almost

every month) until Nov 2005, when destiny moved me permanently close

to him (Boston). I lived for 6 months in his home. He looked after

me as his own brother during those months. Again, destiny, I bought

a home just 3 homes away from his. Even though 3 homes apart, many

of our weekends are spent in either of our homes. Since day one, I

had a lot of respect for him. I also admired his in-depth knowledge

in various areas.

> On Jan 31st morning, Narasimhaji setup everything necessary

for Homam. I quickly went through various options in the Camcorder.

Narasimhaji said " Ravi Shall we start " . I looked at him and was

mesmerized by the look in his face, him sitting in front of the homa

kundam. Even after so many years of association, all of a sudden I

felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that has been just told to

climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea looked like an uphill

task for me. I was trembling, I said yes, let's start and started

recording, my hands still shaking. If you closely look at the first

10-12 secs of the video, you will notice the shake in the camera.

> He has lost a lot of weight over the last 5 years or so.

With the clothes that he put on in the video, it is not seen, but he

is much thinner and with the beard gone now, he looks much younger,

much different. Internal changes bring about external changes and he

has gone through ton of them. His actions/words speak all these. I

am not bored listening him talk on the same topics over and over and

over and over... I am not bored reading his writings in this forum

over and over and over and over...

> As Narayan once said, we are grateful to have Narasimhaji

and Manishji guide us through our lives.

>

> I have learnt a lot from Masterji and there is lot more to

learn.

> I sincerely bow down to Masterji. I salute him for his dedication

and

> unselfish service to the world.

>

> Regards

> Ravi

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> m540i98 <m540i98

>

> Friday, February 6, 2009 10:21:26 AM

> Regarding Homam video

>

>

> Namaste

>

> The video is very good, Good work by the video grapher and

Narasimha.

> It was a pleasure watching it and I feel that I will watch it a

few

> more times.

>

> Most importantly I want to bring out the fact that when one does a

lot

> japams and homams, the good work is reflected in the persons face,

> the lustre etc. Although I have not met Narasimha ever, I have

seen

> one picture of him may be from many years ago and now the video.

> There is a striking difference between the two.

>

> The transformation internally may be more intense and fantanstic.

>

> On a different note, I have heard from a very realized soul that

> The Saffron color or the Garoua color one donned by monks is

reserved

> for them, it is not advisible for people like us married or single

to

> put it on. Many years ago the realized sould did explain me the

> reasons but I dot remember more things about.

>

> I have seen in Acharya Rajnish order a lot of family oriented

people

> putting it on.

>

> The color signifies detachment.

>

> What the the views of the people here?

>

> Best Regards

> Mitesh

>

Namaskaara Ravi,Very moving words -straight from the heart-the ant and the Everest analogy.Such humility is to be imbibed by all of us without slipping into the mundane matters related to Masterji.I think your message symbolically represents my feelings (and 'am sure many many fellow boarders,too)towards Resp.Narasimhaji.BTW-there is no tremor felt and the shoot was really good. Abhinandana for the same.amit--- On Sat, 2/7/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri wrote:Ravi Poruri <rporuriRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master Date: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 4:51 AM

Namaste Mitesh/Utpal and all, The videographer should have done a better job, I mean, I should have done a better job. I have learnt some lessons after this shoot. I have known Narasimhaji for over 10 years, I first met him in July 1998. I married his wife's sister in Jan 1999. I used to live in New Jersey and often visit Narasimhaji's family (almost every month) until Nov 2005, when destiny moved me permanently close to him (Boston). I lived for 6 months in his home. He looked after me as his own brother during those months. Again, destiny, I bought a home just 3 homes away from his. Even though 3 homes apart, many of our weekends are spent in either of our homes. Since day one, I had a lot of respect for him. I also admired his

in-depth knowledge in various areas. On Jan 31st morning, Narasimhaji setup everything necessary for Homam. I quickly went through various options in the Camcorder. Narasimhaji said "Ravi Shall we start". I looked at him and was mesmerized by the look in his face, him sitting in front of the homa kundam. Even after so many years of association, all of a sudden I felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that has been just told to climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea looked like an uphill task for me. I was trembling, I said yes, let's start and started recording, my hands still shaking. If you closely look at the first 10-12 secs of the video, you will notice the shake in the camera. He has lost a lot of weight over the last 5 years or so. With the clothes that he put on in the video, it is not seen, but he is much thinner and with the beard gone now, he looks much

younger, much different. Internal changes bring about external changes and he has gone through ton of them. His actions/words speak all these. I am not bored listening him talk on the same topics over and over and over and over... I am not bored reading his writings in this forum over and over and over and over... As Narayan once said, we are grateful to have Narasimhaji and Manishji guide us through our lives. I have learnt a lot from Masterji and there is lot more to learn.

I sincerely bow down to Masterji. I salute him for his dedication and

unselfish service to the world. RegardsRavim540i98 <m540i98 Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 10:21:26 AM Regarding Homam video

Namaste

The video is very good, Good work by the video grapher and Narasimha.

It was a pleasure watching it and I feel that I will watch it a few

more times.

Most importantly I want to bring out the fact that when one does a lot

japams and homams, the good work is reflected in the persons face,

the lustre etc. Although I have not met Narasimha ever, I have seen

one picture of him may be from many years ago and now the video.

There is a striking difference between the two.

The transformation internally may be more intense and fantanstic.

On a different note, I have heard from a very realized soul that

The Saffron color or the Garoua color one donned by monks is reserved

for them, it is not advisible for people like us married or single to

put it on. Many years ago the realized sould did explain me the

reasons but I dot remember more things about.

I have seen in Acharya Rajnish order a lot of family oriented people

putting it on.

The color signifies detachment.

What the the views of the people here?

Best Regards

Mitesh

Namaste Utpal,

Please do not address me as garu, plainly Ravi is fine.

>>> now i pray to mother if she can bring me >>>closer to you all. Is there 'Siemens' exist in boston? i am an >>>Industrial automation engineer- PLC, SCADA All that stuff.. :)

Physically near or far, we are all closely connected through this group. As you know, Mother will decide what's best and what's needed for us.

Regards

Ravi

utpal pathak <vedic_pathak Sent: Saturday, February 7, 2009 1:14:38 AM Re: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

Namaste Ravi Garu !!!>all of a sudden I felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that >has been just told to climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea >looked like an uphill task for me. I was trembling, I said yes, >let's start and started recording, my hands still shakingI can really understand that. I've called him only once over phone. when he talked to me i actually 'blabbered'. i forgot all wanted to speak to him and my tongue actually faltered.***after reading your mail, i felt "Saatwikly jealous' if at all such classification exist. i've never missed U.S. or any other country. there never was any desire to visit those countries but now i miss boston. i do really miss. now i pray to mother if she can bring me closer to you all. Is there 'Siemens' exist in boston? i am an Industrial automation engineer- PLC, SCADA All that stuff.. :)before i forget -

Thank you for the Video.Warm Regards,Utpal, Ravi Poruri <rporuri > wrote:>> Namaste Mitesh/Utpal and all,> The videographer should have done a better job, I mean, I should have done a better job. I have learnt some lessons after this shoot.> I have known Narasimhaji for over 10 years, I first met him in July 1998. I married his wife's sister in Jan 1999. I used to live in New Jersey and often visit Narasimhaji' s family (almost every month) until Nov 2005, when destiny moved me permanently close to him (Boston). I lived for 6 months in his home. He looked after me as his own brother during those months. Again, destiny, I bought a home just 3 homes away from his. Even though 3 homes apart, many of

our weekends are spent in either of our homes. Since day one, I had a lot of respect for him. I also admired his in-depth knowledge in various areas.> On Jan 31st morning, Narasimhaji setup everything necessary for Homam. I quickly went through various options in the Camcorder. Narasimhaji said "Ravi Shall we start". I looked at him and was mesmerized by the look in his face, him sitting in front of the homa kundam. Even after so many years of association, all of a sudden I felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that has been just told to climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea looked like an uphill task for me. I was trembling, I said yes, let's start and started recording, my hands still shaking. If you closely look at the first 10-12 secs of the video, you will notice the shake in the camera. > He has lost a lot of weight over the last 5 years or so. With the clothes that he put on

in the video, it is not seen, but he is much thinner and with the beard gone now, he looks much younger, much different. Internal changes bring about external changes and he has gone through ton of them. His actions/words speak all these. I am not bored listening him talk on the same topics over and over and over and over... I am not bored reading his writings in this forum over and over and over and over... > As Narayan once said, we are grateful to have Narasimhaji and Manishji guide us through our lives.> > I have learnt a lot from Masterji and there is lot more to learn.> I sincerely bow down to Masterji. I salute him for his dedication and> unselfish service to the world. > > Regards> Ravi> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> m540i98 <m540i98 >> > Friday, February 6, 2009 10:21:26 AM> Regarding Homam video> > > Namaste> > The video is very good, Good work by the video grapher and Narasimha.> It was a pleasure watching it and I feel that I will watch it a few > more times.> > Most importantly I want to bring out the fact that when one does a lot> japams and homams, the good work is reflected in the persons face, > the lustre etc. Although I have not met Narasimha ever, I have seen > one picture of him may be from many years ago and now the video. > There is a striking difference between the two.> > The transformation internally may be more intense and fantanstic.> > On

a different note, I have heard from a very realized soul that> The Saffron color or the Garoua color one donned by monks is reserved > for them, it is not advisible for people like us married or single to > put it on. Many years ago the realized sould did explain me the > reasons but I dot remember more things about.> > I have seen in Acharya Rajnish order a lot of family oriented people > putting it on. > > The color signifies detachment.> > What the the views of the people here?> > Best Regards> Mitesh>

Dear Raviji and all,

Namaskar.

I have also seen earlier photographs of Narasimhaji. The video shoot, let me tell you was excellent- showed us a different Narasimhaji. I could see the inner tejas that shone through, that *pure* *thought*.

I could really understand most of what he *teaches *us more effectively... I dont know why????

You are really fortunate to be that closely associated with him.

As for me, I have religiously downloaded all the homam manuals and have been contemplating starting with them for a while now ): When I read about the video upload I thought I should really start doing it. I started to download the shoot and thought I should probably start with Ganapati Homam and wondered if I also start Chandi homam... May try that telugu colloquial .. Avakayato annaprasana. We were watching TV- Animal planet.. suddenly there was a doc about elephants and lo... there was MahaGanapathi.... the documentary started off with Vinayaka, his temples etc. I was spellbound!!! I have always given a lot of importance to these subtle messages, that is one of my many weaknesses (: I have also received a lot of reassurances from Her that way. Then there was another documentary , infact the very next one on tigers and there was Durga Mata riding a tiger before the start of the doc. I resolved there and then that it was

her 'anugna' to start.

Sadly, when I enquired locally (New Zealand) at the Indian shops I could not find Homa Kundam... Though the havan samagri is all sold as a package..

I shall make my efforts to get one soon with Her Grace.. Ido not still know if *I* am cleansed enough to receive that Blessing from Her.

Heartfelt thanks for the invaluable video which was full of that vibrating energy which could be felt coming through....

regards

Nalini

Amit Trivedi <sonat64 Sent: Sunday, 8 February, 2009 3:02:11 AMRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

Namaskaara Ravi,Very moving words -straight from the heart-the ant and the Everest analogy.Such humility is to be imbibed by all of us without slipping into the mundane matters related to Masterji.I think your message symbolically represents my feelings (and 'am sure many many fellow boarders,too) towards Resp.Narasimhaji.BTW-there is no tremor felt and the shoot was really good. Abhinandana for the same.amit--- On Sat, 2/7/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri > wrote:

Ravi Poruri <rporuri >Re: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My MasterSaturday, February 7, 2009, 4:51 AM

Namaste Mitesh/Utpal and all, The videographer should have done a better job, I mean, I should have done a better job. I have learnt some lessons after this shoot. I have known Narasimhaji for over 10 years, I first met him in July 1998. I married his wife's sister in Jan 1999. I used to live in New Jersey and often visit Narasimhaji' s family (almost every month) until Nov 2005, when destiny moved me permanently close to him (Boston). I lived for 6 months in his home. He looked after me as his own brother during those months. Again, destiny, I bought a home just 3 homes away from his. Even though 3 homes apart, many of our weekends are spent in either of our homes. Since day one, I had a lot of respect for him. I also admired his in-depth knowledge in various areas. On Jan 31st morning, Narasimhaji setup everything necessary for Homam. I

quickly went through various options in the Camcorder. Narasimhaji said "Ravi Shall we start". I looked at him and was mesmerized by the look in his face, him sitting in front of the homa kundam. Even after so many years of association, all of a sudden I felt like an ant at the tip of Mt.Everest that has been just told to climb the Everest, the whole shooting idea looked like an uphill task for me. I was trembling, I said yes, let's start and started recording, my hands still shaking. If you closely look at the first 10-12 secs of the video, you will notice the shake in the camera. He has lost a lot of weight over the last 5 years or so. With the clothes that he put on in the video, it is not seen, but he is much thinner and with the beard gone now, he looks much younger, much different. Internal changes bring about external changes and he has gone through ton of them. His actions/words speak all these. I am not

bored listening him talk on the same topics over and over and over and over... I am not bored reading his writings in this forum over and over and over and over... As Narayan once said, we are grateful to have Narasimhaji and Manishji guide us through our lives. I have learnt a lot from Masterji and there is lot more to learn. I sincerely bow down to Masterji. I salute him for his dedication and unselfish service to the world. RegardsRavi

m540i98 <m540i98 >Friday, February 6, 2009 10:21:26 AM Regarding Homam video

NamasteThe video is very good, Good work by the video grapher and Narasimha.It was a pleasure watching it and I feel that I will watch it a few more times.Most importantly I want to bring out the fact that when one does a lotjapams and homams, the good work is reflected in the persons face, the lustre etc. Although I have not met Narasimha ever, I have seen one picture of him may be from many years ago and now the video. There is a striking difference between the two.The transformation internally may be more intense and fantanstic.On a different note, I have heard from a very realized soul thatThe Saffron color or the Garoua color one donned by monks is reserved for them, it is not advisible for people like us married or single to put it on. Many years ago the realized sould did explain me the reasons but I dot remember more things about.I have seen in Acharya Rajnish

order a lot of family oriented people putting it on. The color signifies detachment.What the the views of the people here?Best RegardsMitesh

Get the world's best email - Xtra Mail

|om|Dear Nalini, namaste

....thought I should probably start with Ganapati Homam and wondered if I also start Chandi homam... {Hari} I also had similar thoughts like you but I think that starting with Ganesha homam is better and then one can 'graduate' to Chandi homam.

Sadly, when I enquired locally (New Zealand) at the Indian shops I could not find Homa Kundam...{Hari} Why not try to purchase it from rediff.com? A small copper homa kundam will cost around Rs 150 or so. Additionally you could ask the priest at the local temples there...I am sure they will guide you.

After the first attempt to do Ganesha homam on 26 January, I did the homa again last Sunday and this time, it worked out fine.

best regards

Hari

Namaste Nalini and Hari, I agree with Hari. Starting off with Ganapathi Homam is definitely better. The procedure is short and it helps one practice the fire management, the mantras, the swaras and the whole nine yards. Moreover, the Chandi Homam Manual by itself is not self-sufficient. It relies on Ganapathi Homam manual. So, you have to go back and forth between the 2 manuals to perform Chandi Homam which can be done but gets little bit tricky in the beginning. So, get comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure. After you feel comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure, while continuing to do Ganapathi Homam daily, you can actually do Chandi Homam occasionally on certain days say weekends, or on

Ashtami, Navami and Chaturdasi which are especially auspicious for Chandipath/Chandi Homam. When doing Chandi Homam, you can skip your Ganapathi Homam for that day. After doing this for few months or when you feel you are comfortable with the Chandi Homam, finally settle down with it. It's getting close to an year since I did my first Chandi Homam and Narasimhaji was with me, guiding me with fire management and helping me with the copra pieces, correcting my pronunciation and all. I used to do it over weekends, which for me was taking about 3- 3 1/2hrs initially, owing to my poor Telugu reading skills. Then, slowly switched to daily after the whole process started taking about 2 hrs. While still, I am not perfect, I continue to practice. On this note, I am reminded of Narayan. The idea of writing a Maha Ganapathi Homam

manual started off as Narayan asked Narasimha to help him out with the Homam Procedure. (Narayan's own inspiring message in this regard can be read at /message/727). After the manual was prepared, Narasimhaji emailed the first copy to Narayan. Such was Narayan's dedication that he started going through the manual over and over. A few days later I met Narayan and enquired about the Homam manual and all. He very casually mentioned that he was doing the Homam mentally. I was dumbstruck. I said "What?". He said he would perform the whole procedure as mentioned in the document, IN MIND. Imagining taking the vow, imagining Agni pratishtapana, imagining invoking Ganesha, imagining offering ahutis, everything, start to finish in mind. I was really bowled over by his creative thinking. That is how Narayan practiced. Later, Narasimhaji gifted us Homa Kundam and we started our Homas.

After few months passed by and I had to go on couple of trips where I could not carry my Homa Kundam and all the samagri. I implemented Narayan's idea and did my homam mentally for those few days. It then helped me avoid that feeling that I missed my homam. Though this process is not a replacement for the Homam with all the physical materials, yet, it is a form of a prayer to God. Something is better than nothing. Naliniji, She has already decided when you would start the Homam, it's just that we have not been informed yet. I wish you all the very best.Best RegardsRaviJyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:50:36 AMRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

|om|Dear Nalini, namaste

....thought I should probably start with Ganapati Homam and wondered if I also start Chandi homam... {Hari} I also had similar thoughts like you but I think that starting with Ganesha homam is better and then one can 'graduate' to Chandi homam.

Sadly, when I enquired locally (New Zealand) at the Indian shops I could not find Homa Kundam...{Hari} Why not try to purchase it from rediff.com? A small copper homa kundam will cost around Rs 150 or so. Additionally you could ask the priest at the local temples there...I am sure they will guide you.

After the first attempt to do Ganesha homam on 26 January, I did the homa again last Sunday and this time, it worked out fine.

best regards

Hari

Dear Ravi

Beautiful mail. I saw the vedio of Narasimhaji as well. One thing I realized that my pronounciations, unlike the way Narasimhaji says swahaa etc etc, are horribly wrong. I just cant get the chanda and intonations correct. Its just a flat tone in my voice.

How wrong is wrong pronounciation? I am trying hard to change but sad;y I guess I have no sense of rhythm or intonations etc at all.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 10/2/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri wrote:

Ravi Poruri <rporuriRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 10:57 PM

Namaste Nalini and Hari, I agree with Hari. Starting off with Ganapathi Homam is definitely better. The procedure is short and it helps one practice the fire management, the mantras, the swaras and the whole nine yards. Moreover, the Chandi Homam Manual by itself is not self-sufficient. It relies on Ganapathi Homam manual. So, you have to go back and forth between the 2 manuals to perform Chandi Homam which can be done but gets little bit tricky in the beginning. So, get comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure. After you feel comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure, while continuing to do Ganapathi Homam daily, you can actually do Chandi Homam occasionally on certain days say weekends, or on Ashtami, Navami and Chaturdasi which are especially auspicious for Chandipath/Chandi Homam. When doing Chandi Homam, you can skip your Ganapathi Homam for

that day. After doing this for few months or when you feel you are comfortable with the Chandi Homam, finally settle down with it. It's getting close to an year since I did my first Chandi Homam and Narasimhaji was with me, guiding me with fire management and helping me with the copra pieces, correcting my pronunciation and all. I used to do it over weekends, which for me was taking about 3- 3 1/2hrs initially, owing to my poor Telugu reading skills. Then, slowly switched to daily after the whole process started taking about 2 hrs. While still, I am not perfect, I continue to practice. On this note, I am reminded of Narayan. The idea of writing a Maha Ganapathi Homam manual started off as Narayan asked Narasimha to help him out with the Homam Procedure. (Narayan's own inspiring message in this regard can be read at

http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom/message/ 727). After the manual was prepared, Narasimhaji emailed the first copy to Narayan. Such was Narayan's dedication that he started going through the manual over and over. A few days later I met Narayan and enquired about the Homam manual and all. He very casually mentioned that he was doing the Homam mentally. I was dumbstruck. I said "What?". He said he would perform the whole procedure as mentioned in the document, IN MIND. Imagining taking the vow, imagining Agni pratishtapana, imagining invoking Ganesha, imagining offering ahutis, everything, start to finish in mind. I was really bowled over by his creative thinking. That is how Narayan practiced. Later, Narasimhaji gifted us Homa Kundam and we started our Homas. After few months passed by and I had to go on couple of trips where I could not carry my Homa Kundam and all the samagri. I implemented Narayan's

idea and did my homam mentally for those few days. It then helped me avoid that feeling that I missed my homam. Though this process is not a replacement for the Homam with all the physical materials, yet, it is a form of a prayer to God. Something is better than nothing. Naliniji, She has already decided when you would start the Homam, it's just that we have not been informed yet. I wish you all the very best.Best RegardsRavi

Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@ gmail.com>Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:50:36 AMRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

|om|

Dear Nalini, namaste

....thought I should probably start with Ganapati Homam and wondered if I also start Chandi homam...

{Hari} I also had similar thoughts like you but I think that starting with Ganesha homam is better and then one can 'graduate' to Chandi homam.

Sadly, when I enquired locally (New Zealand) at the Indian shops I could not find Homa Kundam...

{Hari} Why not try to purchase it from rediff.com? A small copper homa kundam will cost around Rs 150 or so. Additionally you could ask the priest at the local temples there...I am sure they will guide you.

best regards

Hari

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Namaste, I too cannot match or come even close to Narasimhaji's pronunciation. I am trying to get as close as possible. With Veda Mantras though, Narasimhaji told umpteen times that when chanted with perfect swara (pronunciation) the mantra becomes more powerful and we get the fruits of it. Let me write what I grasped from him observing him chant mantras. We see 3 different intonations all over the mantras, a " _ " under an alphabet (i will call it case 1) , a "|' over an alphabet (i will call it case 2) and a "||" over an alphabet (i will call it case 3). Assuming, I am looking straight in front of me (head straight), when I come across case 1, while chanting, I literally bring my chin down, thus lowering the sound that is produced at that

point. In case 2, bring the chin up while making the sound produced by the alphabet, thus causing a stress on the alphabet. In case 3, I bring chin up and stretch the sound (as there are 2 "|") produced by the alphabet. While doing this way, with chin going up and down, it might look funny to others, but after some practice, you don't have to bring the chin up and down that much, ie we don't have to rely on the chin. Now, everyone has an option of referring to the video and correcting themselves if necessary. There is also an audio MP3 at his website which runs for about 38 mins. You can try the above, while listening to the audio. If you think that audio is long, I have a 20 min convereted audio MP3 from the video that we uploaded. If you all think that this audio would help, then I can upload it to this list. RegardsRavirajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:16:52 AMRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

Dear Ravi

Beautiful mail. I saw the vedio of Narasimhaji as well. One thing I realized that my pronounciations, unlike the way Narasimhaji says swahaa etc etc, are horribly wrong. I just cant get the chanda and intonations correct. Its just a flat tone in my voice.

How wrong is wrong pronounciation? I am trying hard to change but sad;y I guess I have no sense of rhythm or intonations etc at all.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 10/2/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri > wrote:

Ravi Poruri <rporuri >Re: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My MasterTuesday, 10 February, 2009, 10:57 PM

Namaste Nalini and Hari, I agree with Hari. Starting off with Ganapathi Homam is definitely better. The procedure is short and it helps one practice the fire management, the mantras, the swaras and the whole nine yards. Moreover, the Chandi Homam Manual by itself is not self-sufficient. It relies on Ganapathi Homam manual. So, you have to go back and forth between the 2 manuals to perform Chandi Homam which can be done but gets little bit tricky in the beginning. So, get comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure. After you feel comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure, while continuing to do Ganapathi Homam daily, you can actually do Chandi Homam occasionally on certain days say weekends, or on Ashtami, Navami and Chaturdasi which are especially auspicious for Chandipath/Chandi Homam. When doing Chandi Homam, you can skip your Ganapathi Homam for

that day. After doing this for few months or when you feel you are comfortable with the Chandi Homam, finally settle down with it. It's getting close to an year since I did my first Chandi Homam and Narasimhaji was with me, guiding me with fire management and helping me with the copra pieces, correcting my pronunciation and all. I used to do it over weekends, which for me was taking about 3- 3 1/2hrs initially, owing to my poor Telugu reading skills. Then, slowly switched to daily after the whole process started taking about 2 hrs. While still, I am not perfect, I continue to practice. On this note, I am reminded of Narayan. The idea of writing a Maha Ganapathi Homam manual started off as Narayan asked Narasimha to help him out with the Homam Procedure. (Narayan's own inspiring message in this regard can be read at

http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom/message/ 727). After the manual was prepared, Narasimhaji emailed the first copy to Narayan. Such was Narayan's dedication that he started going through the manual over and over. A few days later I met Narayan and enquired about the Homam manual and all. He very casually mentioned that he was doing the Homam mentally. I was dumbstruck. I said "What?". He said he would perform the whole procedure as mentioned in the document, IN MIND. Imagining taking the vow, imagining Agni pratishtapana, imagining invoking Ganesha, imagining offering ahutis, everything, start to finish in mind. I was really bowled over by his creative thinking. That is how Narayan practiced. Later, Narasimhaji gifted us Homa Kundam and we started our Homas. After few months passed by and I had to go on couple of trips where I could not carry my Homa

Kundam and all the samagri. I implemented Narayan's

idea and did my homam mentally for those few days. It then helped me avoid that feeling that I missed my homam. Though this process is not a replacement for the Homam with all the physical materials, yet, it is a form of a prayer to God. Something is better than nothing. Naliniji, She has already decided when you would start the Homam, it's just that we have not been informed yet. I wish you all the very best.Best RegardsRavi

Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@ gmail.com>Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:50:36 AMRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

|om|

Dear Nalini, namaste

....thought I should probably start with Ganapati Homam and wondered if I also start Chandi homam...

{Hari} I also had similar thoughts like you but I think that starting with Ganesha homam is better and then one can 'graduate' to Chandi homam.

Sadly, when I enquired locally (New Zealand) at the Indian shops I could not find Homa Kundam...

{Hari} Why not try to purchase it from rediff.com? A small copper homa kundam will cost around Rs 150 or so. Additionally you could ask the priest at the local temples there...I am sure they will guide you.

best regards

Hari

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Namaste,

Do your best and do not worry about the rest.

When everything - pronunciation, intonation, thoughts, mental images, surrender, dedication, procedure, external factors (place, surroundings and time) etc - lines up nicely, one's sadhana becomes fruitful very fast. We all struggle for a long time because something or the other is lacking. But it is better than nothing.

Do not worry about what is not in your hands and keep doing everything that is in your hands.

Kaalidas was a totally ignorant person. Kaali blessed him and he became the greatest scholar of his time in a split second. If one can try to cultivate perfect surrender to a deity while one does a sadhana, that is all one can do. When, why and how the blessings come is beyond our grasp. But note one fundamental fact - no effort goes waste and each action will result in a reaction sooner or later. So keep doing the best you can in your spiritual sadhana.

Imagine that there is a hill that is steep on one side with a a comfortable slope on the other side. If one has the right mountain climbing gear, one can climb on the steep side and reach the top quickly. If one doesn't, one can still walk on the slope and eventually get to the top. If your pronunciation, procedure etc are perfect, good for you. If not, don't be disheartened. Just keep walking on the slope side.

Best regards,NarasimhaDo a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamDo Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/tarpanaSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

-

rajarshi nandy

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:16 AM

Re: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

Dear Ravi

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 10/2/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri wrote:

Ravi Poruri <rporuriRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 10:57 PM

Namaste Nalini and Hari, I agree with Hari. Starting off with Ganapathi Homam is definitely better. The procedure is short and it helps one practice the fire management, the mantras, the swaras and the whole nine yards. Moreover, the Chandi Homam Manual by itself is not self-sufficient. It relies on Ganapathi Homam manual. So, you have to go back and forth between the 2 manuals to perform Chandi Homam which can be done but gets little bit tricky in the beginning. So, get comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure. After you feel comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure, while continuing to do Ganapathi Homam daily, you can actually do Chandi Homam occasionally on certain days say weekends, or on Ashtami, Navami and Chaturdasi which are especially auspicious for Chandipath/Chandi Homam. When doing Chandi Homam, you can skip your Ganapathi Homam for that day. After doing this for few months or when you feel you are comfortable with the Chandi Homam, finally settle down with it. It's getting close to an year since I did my first Chandi Homam and Narasimhaji was with me, guiding me with fire management and helping me with the copra pieces, correcting my pronunciation and all. I used to do it over weekends, which for me was taking about 3- 3 1/2hrs initially, owing to my poor Telugu reading skills. Then, slowly switched to daily after the whole process started taking about 2 hrs. While still, I am not perfect, I continue to practice. On this note, I am reminded of Narayan. The idea of writing a Maha Ganapathi Homam manual started off as Narayan asked Narasimha to help him out with the Homam Procedure. (Narayan's own inspiring message in this regard can be read at http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom/message/ 727). After the manual was prepared, Narasimhaji emailed the first copy to Narayan. Such was Narayan's dedication that he started going through the manual over and over. A few days later I met Narayan and enquired about the Homam manual and all. He very casually mentioned that he was doing the Homam mentally. I was dumbstruck. I said "What?". He said he would perform the whole procedure as mentioned in the document, IN MIND. Imagining taking the vow, imagining Agni pratishtapana, imagining invoking Ganesha, imagining offering ahutis, everything, start to finish in mind. I was really bowled over by his creative thinking. That is how Narayan practiced. Later, Narasimhaji gifted us Homa Kundam and we started our Homas. After few months passed by and I had to go on couple of trips where I could not carry my Homa Kundam and all the samagri. I implemented Narayan's idea and did my homam mentally for those few days. It then helped me avoid that feeling that I missed my homam. Though this process is not a replacement for the Homam with all the physical materials, yet, it is a form of a prayer to God. Something is better than nothing. Naliniji, She has already decided when you would start the Homam, it's just that we have not been informed yet. I wish you all the very best.Best RegardsRavi

|om|

Dear Nalini, namaste

best regards

Hari

Dear Ravi garu, Hari ji, Utpal Bhai,

Namaskar.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Utpal Bhai had offered to send a Homa Kundam by courier.My deepest gratitude that cannot be put into words.

I am deeply indebted to all of you for your support.

Yesterday I approached another shop here and to my surprise they had a wide variety of sizes in copper and the shop informed me that they were seamless, so non leaking and had been specially brought in a few days back.

He even offered to give me a special price!!!! As I could not measure them he gave me two of them so that I could do it at home and return the other.

I am still stunned and so humbled... How She does look after Her children!!!!

Such a disoriented lot like me, clutching at straws of Grace from her, for they are firm tassels which once caught can never let us go astray or leave us floundering.

And my greatest regards to Sri Narasimha Garu for the opportunity and self-less dedication in bringing the Homam to each of us.

May you all be Blessed by The Divine Mother,

Nalini

Ravi Poruri <rporuri Sent: Wednesday, 11 February, 2009 6:27:22 AMRe: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji - My Master

http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom/message/ 727). After the manual was prepared, Narasimhaji emailed the first copy to Narayan. Such was Narayan's dedication that he started going through the manual over and over. A few days later I met Narayan and enquired about the Homam manual and all. He very casually mentioned that he was doing the Homam mentally. I was dumbstruck. I said "What?". He said he would perform the whole procedure as mentioned in the document, IN MIND. Imagining taking the vow, imagining Agni pratishtapana, imagining invoking Ganesha, imagining offering ahutis, everything, start to finish in mind. I was really bowled over by his creative thinking. That is how Narayan practiced. Later, Narasimhaji gifted us Homa Kundam and we started our Homas. After few months passed by and I had to go on couple of trips where I could not carry my Homa Kundam and all the samagri. I implemented Narayan's

|om|

Dear Nalini, namaste

best regards

Hari

Get the world's best email - Xtra Mail

Namaste Nalini Bahen,

>Yesterday I approached another shop here and to my surprise they

>had a wide variety of sizes in copper and the shop informed me that

>I am still stunned and so humbled... How She does look after Her

>children

Yes i know that from many experiences. when you wish to really

perform something for Spiritual progress, it is all done.

very nice to know that you got the Homa Kund.

Best Regards,

Utpal

, nalini swamy <nalini2818

wrote:

>

> Dear Ravi garu, Hari ji, Utpal Bhai,

> Namaskar.

> Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

> Utpal Bhai had offered to send a Homa Kundam by courier.My deepest

gratitude that cannot be put into words.

> I am deeply indebted to all of you for your support.

> Yesterday I approached another shop here and to my surprise they

had a wide variety of sizes in copper and the shop informed me that

they were seamless, so non leaking and had been specially brought in

a few days back.

> He even offered to give me a special price!!!! As I could not

measure them he gave me two of them so that I could do it at home

and return the other.

> I am still stunned and so humbled... How She does look after Her

children!!!!

> Such a disoriented lot like me, clutching at straws of Grace from

her, for they are firm tassels which once caught can never let us

go astray or leave us floundering.

>

> And my greatest regards to Sri Narasimha Garu for the opportunity

and self-less dedication in bringing the Homam to each of us.

>

> May you all be Blessed by The Divine Mother,

>

> Nalini

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

> Ravi Poruri <rporuri

>

> Wednesday, 11 February, 2009 6:27:22 AM

> Re: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji -

My Master

>

>

> Namaste Nalini and Hari,

>         I agree with Hari. Starting off with Ganapathi

Homam is definitely better. The procedure is short and it helps one

practice the fire management, the mantras, the swaras and the whole

nine yards. Moreover, the Chandi Homam Manual by itself is not self-

sufficient. It relies on Ganapathi Homam manual. So, you have to go

back and forth between the 2 manuals to perform Chandi Homam which

can be done but gets little bit tricky in the beginning. So, get

comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam procedure.

>         After you feel comfortable with the Ganapathi Homam

procedure, while continuing to do Ganapathi Homam daily, you can

actually do Chandi Homam occasionally on certain days say weekends,

or on Ashtami, Navami and Chaturdasi which are especially auspicious

for Chandipath/Chandi Homam. When doing Chandi Homam, you can skip

your Ganapathi Homam for that day. After doing this for few months

or when you feel you are comfortable with the Chandi Homam, finally

settle down with it.

>         It's getting close to an year since I did my first

Chandi Homam and Narasimhaji was with me, guiding me with fire

management and helping me with the copra pieces, correcting my

pronunciation and all. I used to do it over weekends, which for me

was taking about 3- 3 1/2hrs initially, owing to my poor Telugu

reading skills. Then, slowly switched to daily after the whole

process started taking about 2 hrs. While still, I am not perfect, I

continue to practice. On this note, I am reminded of Narayan.

>         The idea of writing a Maha Ganapathi Homam manual

started off as Narayan asked Narasimha to help him out with the

Homam Procedure. (Narayan's own inspiring message in this regard can

be read at http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom/message/

727). After the manual was prepared, Narasimhaji emailed the first

copy to Narayan. Such was Narayan's dedication that he started going

through the manual over and over. A few days later I met Narayan and

enquired about the Homam manual and all. He very casually mentioned

that he was doing the Homam mentally. I was dumbstruck. I

said " What? " . He said he would perform the whole procedure as

mentioned in the document, IN MIND. Imagining taking the vow,

imagining Agni pratishtapana, imagining invoking Ganesha, imagining

offering ahutis, everything, start to finish in mind. I was really

bowled over by his creative thinking. That is how Narayan practiced.

Later, Narasimhaji gifted us Homa Kundam and

> we started our Homas. After few months passed by and I had to go

on couple of trips where I could not carry my Homa Kundam and all

the samagri. I implemented Narayan's idea and did my homam mentally

for those few days. It then helped me avoid that feeling that I

missed my homam. Though this process is not a replacement for the

Homam with all the physical materials, yet, it is a form of a prayer

to God. Something is better than nothing.

>         Naliniji, She has already decided when you would

start the Homam, it's just that we have not been informed yet.

>         I wish you all the very best.

>

> Best Regards

> Ravi

>

>

>

>

> Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi@ gmail.com>

>

> Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:50:36 AM

> Re: Regarding Homam video and Narasimhaji -

My Master

>

>

> |om|

> Dear Nalini, namaste

>

>

>

> ...thought I should probably start with Ganapati Homam

and wondered if I also start Chandi homam... 

>

>

>

>

> {Hari} I also had similar thoughts like you but I think that

starting with Ganesha homam is better and then one can 'graduate' to

Chandi homam.

>

>  

> Sadly, when I enquired locally (New Zealand) at the Indian shops I

could not find Homa Kundam...

>

>

>

> {Hari} Why not try to purchase it from rediff.com? A small copper

homa kundam will cost around Rs 150 or so. Additionally you could

ask the priest at the local temples there...I am sure they will

guide you. 

>

> After the first attempt to do Ganesha homam on 26 January, I did

the homa again last Sunday and this time, it worked out fine.  

>

> best regards

> Hari

>

>

>

>

> Get the world & #39;s best email - http://nz.mail./

>