IndiaDivine.org

Tarpana Queries

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Narasimhaji,

I recently started doing tarpana using your manual.I have couple of queries

1. In tarpana why is specific importance given to Sesame?

2. As I know it one cannot do puja for some days when somebody in the family has

expired. Similarly can one do Japa during that period?

3. I collect water used during tarpana in a vessel. Now can that water be taken

inside the house. The reason I am asking this is because I throw that water on

plants and for that I have to go through rooms in the house as the plants are

kept elsewhere.

4.Restrictions are mentioned in the documents for certain days, what happens if

we could not follow that by mistake?

5. In one Gita press book it is mentioned that those desiring servants, children

and female should not do tarpan. I see that you did not mention this.

Is this really applicable ?

Thank you for the manuals !!

Thank you,

Manish

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to

http://messenger./invite/

Narasimha ji did not reply.Could any body else please answer the below queries.Thank youManish--- On Sun, 8/2/09, manish gour <manishgo_in wrote:manish gour <manishgo_in Tarpana Queries Date: Sunday, 8 February, 2009, 1:55 AM

Namaste Narasimhaji,

2. As I know it one cannot do puja for some days when somebody in the family has expired. Similarly can one do Japa during that period?

3. I collect water used during tarpana in a vessel. Now can that water be taken inside the house. The reason I am asking this is because I throw that water on plants and for that I have to go through rooms in the house as the plants are kept elsewhere.

4.Restrictions are mentioned in the documents for certain days, what happens if we could not follow that by mistake?

5. In one Gita press book it is mentioned that those desiring servants, children and female should not do tarpan. I see that you did not mention this.

Thank you,

Manish

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.. / invite/

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Namaste Manish, I will try to answer the questions that I can leaving the rest to Narasimhaji and asking to correct me if am wrong in any of the below.

>>>1. In tarpana why is specific importance given to Sesame?

According to Manishji(Manish Pandit) and Narasimhaji, black sesame seeds signify burning karmas. Performing Tarpana not only satisfies pitris, it also removes blockages of one's karmas that are tied to ancestors and helps in the spiritual progress. >>>3. I collect water used during tarpana in a vessel. Now can that water

be taken inside the house. The reason I am asking this is because I

throw that water on plants and for that I have to go through rooms in

the house as the plants are kept elsewhere. There is no harm in carrying the water through various rooms to deposit in the plants.>>>4.Restrictions are mentioned in the documents for certain days, what happens if we could not follow that by mistake? If restrictions are mentioned, it is advisable to follow. However, if mistakes happen, there is no point in worrying over them. Offer your sincere apoligies. While doing Homam and Tarpana, we surrender the doership to Lord Krishna. He will take care of everything, we do our best sincerely and move on.RegardsRavimanish gour <manishgo_in Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:24:23 AMRe: Tarpana Queries

Narasimha ji did not reply.Could any body else please answer the below queries.Thank youManish--- On Sun, 8/2/09, manish gour <manishgo_in@ > wrote:manish gour <manishgo_in@ > Tarpana QueriesSunday, 8 February, 2009, 1:55 AM

Namaste Narasimhaji,

2. As I know it one cannot do puja for some days when somebody in the family has expired. Similarly can one do Japa during that period?

3. I collect water used during tarpana in a vessel. Now can that water be taken inside the house. The reason I am asking this is because I throw that water on plants and for that I have to go through rooms in the house as the plants are kept elsewhere.

4.Restrictions are mentioned in the documents for certain days, what happens if we could not follow that by mistake?

5. In one Gita press book it is mentioned that those desiring servants, children and female should not do tarpan. I see that you did not mention this.

Thank you,

Manish

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. . / invite/

Thank you Ravi for the answers...Manish--- On Tue, 10/2/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri wrote:Ravi Poruri <rporuriRe: Tarpana Queries Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 3:50 PM

Namaste Manish, I will try to answer the questions that I can leaving the rest to Narasimhaji and asking to correct me if am wrong in any of the below.

>>>1. In tarpana why is specific importance given to Sesame?

According to Manishji(Manish Pandit) and Narasimhaji, black sesame seeds signify burning karmas. Performing Tarpana not only satisfies pitris, it also removes blockages of one's karmas that are tied to ancestors and helps in the spiritual progress. >>>3. I collect water used during tarpana in a vessel. Now can that water

be taken inside the house. The reason I am asking this is because I

throw that water on plants and for that I have to go through rooms in

the house as the plants are kept elsewhere. There is no harm in carrying the water through various rooms to deposit in the plants.>>>4.Restrictions are mentioned in the documents for certain days, what happens if we could not follow that by mistake? If restrictions are mentioned, it is advisable to follow. However, if mistakes happen, there is no point in worrying over them. Offer your sincere apoligies. While doing Homam and Tarpana, we surrender the doership to Lord Krishna. He will take care of everything, we do our best sincerely and move on.RegardsRavimanish gour <manishgo_in@ >Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:24:23 AMRe: Tarpana Queries

Narasimha ji did not reply.Could any body else please answer the below queries.Thank youManish--- On Sun, 8/2/09, manish gour <manishgo_in@ > wrote:manish gour <manishgo_in@ > Tarpana QueriesSunday, 8 February, 2009, 1:55 AM

Namaste Narasimhaji,

Thank you,

Manish

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.. . / invite/