IndiaDivine.org

Nakhate Maharaj

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranam Narasimhaji

Can you tell us more on Nakhate Maharaj and his lineage. I could not find much information on him.

-Best Wishes

Aparajita

--- On Sun, 7/6/09, Narasimha P.V.R. Rao <pvr wrote:

Narasimha P.V.R. Rao <pvr Saying mantras audibly (Re: Help me Regarding....) Date: Sunday, 7 June, 2009, 8:51 PM

Dear Hari,

Never hesitate to ask or say anything that may seem impertinent.

When a mantra is spoken, sound is produced at 4 levels. The lowest level is vaikhari. This is the sound at the physical level. When you say something by moving the physical body parts (lips etc), their movement vibrates the air particles and those vibrations vibrate the physical body parts in the ears of listeners and people around you can "listen".

At the same time, the subtle thoughts in the mind accompanying the chanting of the mantra result in movement in parts of your "subtle body", which vibrate the subtle space around you and those cause some vibrations in the subtle bodies of people around you.

In this way, sound (or vibration) is produced at 4 levels. The subtler the level, the longer the signal can carry without decaying.

If one has some shakti accumulated with a specific mantra, one's chanting of that mantra is infused with that shakti.

The energy infused when one chants a mantra is carried mainly in the subtler levels of sound. The energy carried at the physical level (vaikhari) of sound is very small compared to the energy carried in the subtler levels. However, the vaikhari level sound contains the key to the subtler levels for most people.

I can explain this using an analogy. One may have a powerful concept or idea in mind that one is thinking of. Most other people cannot read one's mind and cannot access that concept or idea. However, if one expresses the idea in words, people will be able to access that idea. Most of the power is in the idea and not in the exact words used. However, the written/spoken words that are tangible to others act as a key to one's thoughts. World can now access the power of one's idea!

Similarly, the exact letters or words of a mantra are not really alive with energy. But, when one does sadhana with the mantra, one's chanting of the mantra is infused with some power. Other people cannot access that power normally. But, once one says the mantra in an audible form (just like expressing the idea in tangible words above), the power in one's chanting of the mantra is accessible to those who hear it. Even though the power is not really in the audible sound produced, the audible sound acts as a key to the inaudible sound and world can now access the power of one's chanting (just as the written words act as a key to one's idea and the world can now access the power of one's idea).

When you chant a mantra silently, you are hiding your shakti with the mantra from the world. When you chant a mantra loud, you are sharing your shakti with the mantra with the world. Some of it can be wasted and some of it can be tapped by someone.

If leaves, flowers and fruits are plucked from a small plant, it will not grow and it will die. Similarly, one's shakti with a mantra will not grow if one keeps saying that mantra loud now and then. As one keeps chanting a mantra silently, while maintaining some yama and niyama, one will slowly accumulate shakti with it.

If you do not intend to accumulate shakti with any mantra, that is fine too. That is NOT an impediment to self-purification and self-realization. However, certain tasks in this dual world require an accumulation of enough shakti with a mantra. If one's guru wants one to do something in future and asks one to accumulate shakti with a specific mantra, one has to do it.

Manish's guru was a realized man. His name was Nakhate Maharaj. He was a Bhadra Kaali worshipper. He was blessed by a darshan of Bhadra Kaali and went into nirvikalpa samadhi at the age of 21 years. He remained in nirvikalpa samadhi for 7 days and returned to the dual world to perform the tasks assigned to him, as a detached actor.

Even a realized man like him did not utter some mantras audibly. For example, when he gave a specific mantra to Manish, the means he employed were quite old-fashioned. He did not say the mantra in Manish's ear. Instead, he asked Manish to sit down with closed eyes and placed his thumbs on Manish's temples. He asked Manish to focus and then he also focused. Manish saw a mantra in Devanagari script in letters made of fire. He remembered what he saw and did sadhana with that mantra.

These methods are used for a purpose and not out of selfishness. There are two main reasons:

(1) You want to keep the shakti you accumulated with that mantra, because there is a purpose for it. Giving is great, but giving indiscriminately is unwise. When one can do finite tasks, one has to optimize what one does.

(2) Nothing that comes too easy lasts. If one gets a million bucks easily, one can waste it. Instead of giving million dollars to someone, it will be better if you teach one how to work hard and make money.

Sharing various thoughts and spiritual truths and inspiring people to do sadhana is one thing and sharing one's accumulated shakti with a mantra with people another.

As I mentioned Nakhate Maharaj, I want to mention a small story about him.

When Nakhate Maharaj left this world, his sishyas had an interesting experience. Manish was in UK meditating at that time. He suddenly felt that his guru was in front of him. He opened his eyes and saw that Nakhate Maharaj was standing in front of him physically. He held his palm up in the blessing pose. Then he waved his hand as if saying good bye. Then he disappeared. When Manish called India later, he found out that Nakhate Maharaj left his body at the same time in India. He also found out that his other sishyas too had the same experience in different parts of the world around the same time.

Best regards,Narasimha------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Do a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ homamDo Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ tarpanaSpirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdomFree Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro. home.comcast. netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAst rologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagan nath.org------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

-

Jyotisa Shisya

Sunday, June 07, 2009 10:45 AM

Re: Re: Help me Regarding SAVITRU GAAYATHRI MANTHRAM

|om|Dear Narasimha, namaste & pranaams Please forgive me if I am seen to be impertinent in my question based on the lines in bold below. Why must the Guru upadesa be kept secret and not shared with anyone who might benefit? More the so if it is a prasiddha mantra? Think of Ramanujacharya, who after receiving the astakshari from his Guru, shouted the mantra from the rooftop to all and thus the world was benefited. The same way, have we not benefited when the rishis generously shared their knowledge of Brahman? I can understand it if the mantra/prayer is customized for an individual according to the capacity of the person. best regardsHari

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Narasimha P.V.R. Rao <pvr (AT) charter (DOT) net> wrote:

Namaste,

It is what you wrote, but with some minor correction. I can record other mantras in my voice and share with all, but instructed to not give Savitur Gayatri mantra in my voice to anyone. It is my spiritual food. Most of my spiritual experiences came with this mantra and I need this mantra for more things in future. So I keep it to myself and do not share it with all.

But many people in your city should be able to teach you this mantra with correct pronunciation. By the way, I think you live in Chennai. If so, please try to meet Swami Sathasivom at Kalikambal temple on Thambuchetty Street near Central station. He belongs to a rare class of priests who are fast becoming extinct in this commercial age. If possible, meet him and take his blessings.

My intuition tells me that you are a man made for karma yoga rather than meditation and veda mantras. Surrender to your chosen deity, see that deity in all people and serve people around you. See god in all people. If possible, think of starting a small movement in the slums of Chennai (or wherever you live). Go, serve people there, help them to the best of your ability and teach them about god. After helping them materially first, then teach them to chant god's name when they have a few minutes of time. In my opinion, this is the right path for you.

Actions performed with ego, pride and attachment bind one. Actions without ego, pride and attachment liberate one. Please perform big acts of social service and yet without any pride or attachment. Do not be upset with a few failures in the beginning (upset comes with attachment. A detached person is not upset if his sincere actions do not give the intended result) and keep trying calmly. Sincere and detached action never fails in the long run. Start slowly.

Best regards,Narasimha

Bring your gang together. Do your thing.. Find your favourite Group.