IndiaDivine.org

Panchopachar puja query

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste,

I found some instructions for a simple panchoopachar puja with only mudras. I wanted to know whether the following method is correct and whether this can be done during the panchopachar puja in the homa.

1. The first step is saying vaM apaathmanaa jalam kalpayaami – saying this, one shall rub the ring finger with the thumb from the base to the tip, both hands.

2. The next step is rubbing the little finger with thumb base to tip, reciting laM prithivyaathmanaa gandham kalpayaami.

3. Next you rub the thumb from the base up with the index finger, reciting haM aakaashaathmanaa pushpam kalpayami.

4. Next is the index finger, and you say yaM vaaywaathmanaa dhoopam kalpayaami.

5. Then the middle finger: raM vahnyaathmanaa deepam kalpayami.

6. Then, again, the ring finger, but this time with vaM amritaatmanaa naivedyam kalpayaami.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

namaste,The " normal " pancoparAca-pUjA, that I know, is as follows for male deities:(1) lam pRthivyAtmane gandham samarpayAmi (touch thumb with index finger)(2) ham AkAshAtmane puShpam samarpayAmi (touch index finger with thumb)

(3) yam vAyvAtmane dhUpam AghrApayAmi (touch middle finger with thumb)(4) ram agnyAtmane dIpam darshayAmi(touch ring finger with thumb)(5) vam amRtAtmane naivedyam nivedayAmi (touch little finger with thumb)(6) sam sarvAtmane sarvopacArapUjAm samarpayAmi (touch plam of one hand with the back of the other; and viceversa)

I have not come across your version before. The use of " AtmanA " instead of " Atmane " in your version is different, and quite interesting.bhavadiiyaH,          ajit

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM, rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 wrote:

Namaste,

I found some instructions for a simple panchoopachar puja with only mudras. I wanted to know whether the following method is correct and whether this can be done during the panchopachar puja in the homa.

1. The first step is saying vaM apaathmanaa jalam kalpayaami – saying this, one shall rub the ring finger with the thumb from the base to the tip, both hands. 

2. The next step is rubbing the little finger with thumb base to tip, reciting laM prithivyaathmanaa gandham kalpayaami.

3. Next you rub the thumb from the base up with the index finger, reciting haM aakaashaathmanaa pushpam kalpayami. 

4. Next is the index finger, and you say yaM vaaywaathmanaa dhoopam kalpayaami.

5. Then the middle finger: raM vahnyaathmanaa deepam kalpayami.

6. Then, again, the ring finger, but this time with vaM amritaatmanaa naivedyam kalpayaami.

-Regards

Rajarshi