IndiaDivine.org

Chandipath Query

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Narasimhaji,

I have been doing Ganapati homam for some time and was looking forward to offer my homam for Chandi maa.

I had a couple of queries related to Chandi path -

1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with Chandi homam for the first time?

2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual "Whenever you encounter an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin (kismis) may be offered.

If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the text, you will end up making 700 offerings."

When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60 "uvaacha". I tried scanning thru the durga saptashati for "oochuh" but am unable to find the same. Maybe I am not looking at the correct verses. Can you please give me one example of a verse which has "oochuh"?

Many Thanks in advance

Anup

Namaste Anup, 1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami are very auspicious days. 2. "oochuh" occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them. All the best.RegardsRaviFilms that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com Anup Ray <aray_usa Sent: Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM Chandipath Query

Namaste Narasimhaji,

I have been doing Ganapati homam for some time and was looking forward to offer my homam for Chandi maa.

1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with Chandi homam for the first time?

2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual "Whenever you encounter an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin (kismis) may be offered.

If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the text, you will end up making 700 offerings."

When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60 "uvaacha". I tried scanning thru the durga saptashati for "oochuh" but am unable to find the same. Maybe I am not looking at the correct verses. Can you please give me one example of a verse which has "oochuh"?

Many Thanks in advance

Anup

Namaste Ravi,

Thanks for your response.

# 1 is fine. Thanks.

For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would we end up making 700 offerings then?

Thanks

Anup

Ravi Poruri <rporuri Sent: Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AMRe: Chandipath Query

Namaste Anup,

1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami are very auspicious days. 2. "oochuh" occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them. All the best.RegardsRavi

Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com

Anup Ray <aray_usa >Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM Chandipath Query

Namaste Narasimhaji,

2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual "Whenever you encounter an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin (kismis) may be offered. If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the text, you will end up making 700 offerings."

Many Thanks in advance

Anup

Namaste Anup, If you combine all the "oochuh", "uvaacha" and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha verses from all the 13 chapters, you end up making 700 offerings (700 verses). All the 700 verses are numbered. This is what is meant by what is written in the manual. Hope this is clear.RegardsRaviFilms that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com Anup Ray <aray_usa Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:01:18 AMRe: Chandipath Query

Namaste Ravi,

# 1 is fine. Thanks.

For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would we end up making 700 offerings then?

Thanks

Anup

Ravi Poruri <rporuri >Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AMRe: Chandipath Query

Namaste Anup,

1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami are very auspicious days. 2. "oochuh" occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them. All the best.RegardsRavi

Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com

Namaste Narasimhaji,

2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual "Whenever you encounter an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin (kismis) may be offered. If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the text, you will end up making 700 offerings."

Many Thanks in advance

Anup

Namaste Ravi,

I guess Narasimhaji advised on not using swaha inappropriately if we are not well-versed in Sanskrit language. Can I still continue to make offerings after every verse without uttering swaha?

Sorry for this silly query and thanks in advance for your patience.

Thanks

Anup

Ravi Poruri <rporuri Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 12:10:34 AMRe: Chandipath Query

Namaste Anup,

If you combine all the "oochuh", "uvaacha" and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha verses from all the 13 chapters, you end up making 700 offerings (700 verses). All the 700 verses are numbered. This is what is meant by what is written in the manual. Hope this is clear.RegardsRavi

Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com

Anup Ray <aray_usa >Mon, November 30, 2009 10:01:18 AMRe: Chandipath Query

Namaste Ravi,

# 1 is fine. Thanks.

Thanks

Anup

Ravi Poruri <rporuri >Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AMRe: Chandipath Query

Namaste Anup,

Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com

Namaste Narasimhaji,

Many Thanks in advance

Anup

Namaste,

There is confusion here.

In the saptashati text, add a swaahaa whenever you encounter a number and make

an offering, whether the number is after a verse or after an " uvaacha " or after

an " UchuH " . There should be about 700 offerings in saptashati like this.

In addition, outside of the 700 offerings, there are things like kavacham,

argala, keelakam, raatri sooktam and devi sooktam. In kavacham, no offerings are

made. In argala and keelakam, only ghee is offered by adding swaahaa after each

verse. I suggested reading raatri sooktam and devi sooktam without swaahaa,

because adding swaahaa at the end of a Vedic verse with intonation is tricky.

The swaahaa may require a modifcation in the intonation or even the anuswara of

the last syllable of the Vedic verse to which you add swaahaa. That is why I

suggested reading raatri sooktam and devi sooktam without swaahaa.

For the 700 verses of saptashati, there is no issue in adding swaahaa.

Best regards,

Narasimha

-

Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,

" Do It Yourself " ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:

http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Films that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFilms.org

Spirituality:

Jyotish writings: JyotishWritings

-

---- Anup Ray <aray_usa wrote:

> Namaste Ravi,

>

> Thanks for your response.

> I guess Narasimhaji advised on not using swaha inappropriately if we are not

well-versed in Sanskrit language. Can I still continue to make offerings after

every verse without uttering swaha?

> Sorry for this silly query and thanks in advance for your patience.

>

> Thanks

> Anup

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Ravi Poruri <rporuri

>

> Tue, December 1, 2009 12:10:34 AM

> Re: Chandipath Query

>

>

> Namaste Anup,

>

>

> If you combine all the " oochuh " , " uvaacha " and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha

verses from all the 13 chapters, you end up making 700 offerings (700 verses).

All the 700 verses are numbered. This is what is meant by what is written in the

manual.

> Hope this is clear.

>

> Regards

> Ravi

>

>

> Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com

>

>

>

>

> Anup Ray <aray_usa >

>

> Mon, November 30, 2009 10:01:18 AM

>

>

> Namaste Ravi,

>

> Thanks for your response.

> # 1 is fine. Thanks.

> For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would we

end up making 700 offerings then?

>

> Thanks

> Anup

>

>

> Ravi Poruri <rporuri >

>

> Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AM

>

>

> Namaste Anup,

>

>

> 1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and

Navami are very auspicious days.

>

> 2. " oochuh " occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them.

>

> All the best.

>

> Regards

> Ravi

>

>

> Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com

>

>

>

>

> Anup Ray <aray_usa >

>

> Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM

> Chandipath Query

>

>

> Namaste Narasimhaji,

>

> I have been doing Ganapati homam for some time and was looking forward to

offer my homam for Chandi maa.

>

> I had a couple of queries related to Chandi path -

> 1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with

Chandi homam for the first time?

> 2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual " Whenever you encounter an

“uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider

offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin

(kismis) may be offered.

> If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the

text, you will end up making 700 offerings. "

> When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60

" uvaacha " . I tried scanning thru the durga saptashati for " oochuh " but am unable

to find the same. Maybe I am not looking at the correct verses. Can you please

give me one example of a verse which has " oochuh " ?

>

> Many Thanks in advance

> Anup

Namaste Narasimhaji,

Thanks for the clarification.

I was trying to go thru the saptashati and get familiar with the Sanskrit and also listening to the CD by Prakash Kaushik. But I realized I'm too slow to pick up in this way reading from the devnagari script. However, if this is the only way - I am not giving up.

Can someone suggest if there is a better way to get familiar or if any English text is available for the entire Saptashati?

Any response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Anup

Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr Cc: Anup Ray <aray_usaSat, December 5, 2009 11:01:50 AM Re: Chandipath Query

Namaste,There is confusion here.In the saptashati text, add a swaahaa whenever you encounter a number and make an offering, whether the number is after a verse or after an "uvaacha" or after an "UchuH". There should be about 700 offerings in saptashati like this.In addition, outside of the 700 offerings, there are things like kavacham, argala, keelakam, raatri sooktam and devi sooktam. In kavacham, no offerings are made. In argala and keelakam, only ghee is offered by adding swaahaa after each verse. I suggested reading raatri sooktam and devi sooktam without swaahaa, because adding swaahaa at the end of a Vedic verse with intonation is tricky. The swaahaa may require a modifcation in the intonation or even the anuswara of the last syllable of the Vedic verse to which you add swaahaa. That is why I suggested reading raatri sooktam and devi sooktam without swaahaa.For the 700 verses of saptashati, there is no issue in

adding swaahaa.Best regards,Narasimha------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,"Do It Yourself" ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgFilms that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFilms.org Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdomJyotish writings: http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----- Anup Ray <aray_usa > wrote: > Namaste Ravi,> > Thanks for your response. > I guess

Narasimhaji advised on not using swaha inappropriately if we are not well-versed in Sanskrit language. Can I still continue to make offerings after every verse without uttering swaha?> Sorry for this silly query and thanks in advance for your patience.> > Thanks> Anup> > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Ravi Poruri <rporuri >> > Tue, December 1, 2009 12:10:34 AM> Re: Chandipath Query> > > Namaste Anup,> > > If you combine all the "oochuh", "uvaacha" and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha verses from all the 13

chapters, you end up making 700 offerings (700 verses). All the 700 verses are numbered. This is what is meant by what is written in the manual.> Hope this is clear.> > Regards> Ravi> > > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Anup Ray <aray_usa >> > Mon, November 30, 2009 10:01:18 AM> Re: Chandipath Query> > > Namaste Ravi,> > Thanks for your response. > # 1 is fine. Thanks.> For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would we end up making 700 offerings then?> > Thanks> Anup > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Ravi Poruri <rporuri >>

> Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AM> Re: Chandipath Query> > > Namaste Anup,> > > 1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami are very auspicious days. > > 2. "oochuh" occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them.> > All the best.> > Regards> Ravi> > > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Anup Ray <aray_usa >> > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM> Chandipath Query> > > Namaste Narasimhaji,> > I have been doing Ganapati homam for

some time and was looking forward to offer my homam for Chandi maa.> > I had a couple of queries related to Chandi path - > 1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with Chandi homam for the first time?> 2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual "Whenever you encounter an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin (kismis) may be offered. > If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the text, you will end up making 700 offerings."> When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60 "uvaacha". I tried scanning thru the durga saptashati for "oochuh" but am unable to find the same. Maybe I am not looking at the correct verses. Can you please give me one example of a verse which has "oochuh"?> > Many Thanks in

advance> Anup

Namaste Anup,

If you are finding it difficult to read Devanagari, then there is one good book

" In Praise of Goddess " by Devdatta Kali. that will be very useful to you.

I've it. if you wish i can send it to you.

Best Regards,

Utpal

, Anup Ray <aray_usa wrote:

>

> Namaste Narasimhaji,

>

> Thanks for the clarification.

>

> I was trying to go thru the saptashati and get familiar with the Sanskrit and

also listening to the CD by Prakash Kaushik. But I realized I'm too slow to pick

up in this way reading from the devnagari script. However, if this is the only

way - I am not giving up.

> Can someone suggest if there is a better way to get familiar or if any English

text is available for the entire Saptashati?

>

> Any response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

>

> Thanks

> Anup

>

>

>

> Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr

>

> Cc: Anup Ray <aray_usa

> Sat, December 5, 2009 11:01:50 AM

>

>  

> Namaste,

>

> There is confusion here.

>

> In the saptashati text, add a swaahaa whenever you encounter a number and make

an offering, whether the number is after a verse or after an " uvaacha " or after

an " UchuH " . There should be about 700 offerings in saptashati like this.

>

> In addition, outside of the 700 offerings, there are things like kavacham,

argala, keelakam, raatri sooktam and devi sooktam. In kavacham, no offerings are

>

> For the 700 verses of saptashati, there is no issue in adding swaahaa.

>

> Best regards,

> Narasimha

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

> Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,

> " Do It Yourself " ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:

> http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Films that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFilms.org

> Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom

> Jyotish writings: http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

>

> ---- Anup Ray <aray_usa > wrote:

> > Namaste Ravi,

> >

> > Thanks for your response.

> > I guess Narasimhaji advised on not using swaha inappropriately if we are not

well-versed in Sanskrit language. Can I still continue to make offerings after

every verse without uttering swaha?

> > Sorry for this silly query and thanks in advance for your patience.

> >

> > Thanks

> > Anup

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > Ravi Poruri <rporuri >

> >

> > Tue, December 1, 2009 12:10:34 AM

> > Re: Chandipath Query

> >

> >

> > Namaste Anup,

> >

> >

> > If you combine all the " oochuh " , " uvaacha " and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha

All the 700 verses are numbered. This is what is meant by what is written in the

manual.

> > Hope this is clear.

> >

> > Regards

> > Ravi

> >

> >

> > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Anup Ray <aray_usa >

> >

> > Mon, November 30, 2009 10:01:18 AM

> >

> >

> > Namaste Ravi,

> >

> > Thanks for your response.

> > # 1 is fine. Thanks.

> > For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would we

end up making 700 offerings then?

> >

> > Thanks

> > Anup

> >

> >

> > Ravi Poruri <rporuri >

> >

> > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AM

> >

> >

> > Namaste Anup,

> >

> >

> > 1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami are

very auspicious days.

> >

> > 2. " oochuh " occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them.

> >

> > All the best.

> >

> > Regards

> > Ravi

> >

> >

> > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Anup Ray <aray_usa >

> >

> > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM

> > Chandipath Query

> >

> >

> > Namaste Narasimhaji,

> >

> > I have been doing Ganapati homam for some time and was looking forward to

> >

> > I had a couple of queries related to Chandi path -

> > 1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with

> > 2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual " Whenever you encounter

an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider

(kismis) may be offered.

> > If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the

> > When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60

" uvaacha " . I tried scanning thru the durga saptashati for " oochuh " but am unable

> >

> > Many Thanks in advance

> > Anup

>

Namaste Utpal,

Thanks so much. If you have a soft copy, please send the same.

In the meanwhile, I'm trying to adopt the technique that Ravi had suggested - whichever works faster :).

Thanks

Anup

vedic_pathak <vedic_pathak Sent: Mon, December 7, 2009 8:55:22 PM Re: Chandipath Query

Namaste Anup,If you are finding it difficult to read Devanagari, then there is one good book "In Praise of Goddess" by Devdatta Kali. that will be very useful to you.I've it. if you wish i can send it to you.Best Regards,Utpal, Anup Ray <aray_usa@.. .> wrote:>> Namaste Narasimhaji,> > Thanks for the clarification.> > I was trying to go thru the saptashati and get familiar with the Sanskrit and also listening to the CD by Prakash Kaushik. But I realized I'm too slow to pick up in this way reading from the devnagari script. However, if this is the only way - I am not giving up.> Can someone suggest if there is a better way to get familiar or if any English text is available for the entire

Saptashati?> > Any response in this regard would be highly appreciated.> > Thanks> Anup > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr> > Cc: Anup Ray <aray_usa@.. .>> Sat, December 5, 2009 11:01:50 AM> Re: Chandipath Query> > > Namaste,> > There is confusion here.> > In the saptashati text, add a swaahaa whenever you encounter a number and make an offering, whether the number is after a verse or after an "uvaacha" or after an "UchuH". There should be about 700 offerings in saptashati like this.> > In addition, outside of the 700 offerings, there are things

like kavacham, argala, keelakam, raatri sooktam and devi sooktam. In kavacham, no offerings are made. In argala and keelakam, only ghee is offered by adding swaahaa after each verse. I suggested reading raatri sooktam and devi sooktam without swaahaa, because adding swaahaa at the end of a Vedic verse with intonation is tricky. The swaahaa may require a modifcation in the intonation or even the anuswara of the last syllable of the Vedic verse to which you add swaahaa. That is why I suggested reading raatri sooktam and devi sooktam without swaahaa.> > For the 700 verses of saptashati, there is no issue in adding swaahaa.> > Best regards,> Narasimha> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,> "Do It Yourself" ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:> http://www.VedicAstrologer.org> Films that

make a difference: http://SaraswatiFilms.org > Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom> Jyotish writings: http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > ---- Anup Ray <aray_usa > wrote: > > Namaste Ravi,> > > > Thanks for your response. > > I guess Narasimhaji advised on not using swaha inappropriately if we are not well-versed in Sanskrit language. Can I still continue to make offerings after every verse without uttering swaha?> > Sorry for this silly query and thanks in advance for your patience.> > > > Thanks> > Anup> > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Ravi

Poruri <rporuri >> > > > Tue, December 1, 2009 12:10:34 AM> > Re: Chandipath Query> > > > > > Namaste Anup,> > > > > > If you combine all the "oochuh", "uvaacha" and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha verses from all the 13 chapters, you end up making 700 offerings (700 verses). All the 700 verses are numbered. This is what is meant by what is written in the manual.> > Hope this is clear.> > > > Regards> > Ravi> > > > > > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Anup Ray <aray_usa >> > > > Mon, November 30,

2009 10:01:18 AM> > Re: Chandipath Query> > > > > > Namaste Ravi,> > > > Thanks for your response. > > # 1 is fine. Thanks.> > For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would we end up making 700 offerings then?> > > > Thanks> > Anup > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Ravi Poruri <rporuri >> > > > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AM> > Re: Chandipath Query> > > > > > Namaste Anup,> > > > > > 1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami are very auspicious days. > > > > 2. "oochuh" occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33

is one of them.> > > > All the best.> > > > Regards> > Ravi> > > > > > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > Anup Ray <aray_usa >> > > > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM> > Chandipath Query> > > > > > Namaste Narasimhaji,> > > > I have been doing Ganapati homam for some time and was looking forward to offer my homam for Chandi maa.> > > > I had a couple of queries related to Chandi path - > > 1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with Chandi homam for the first

time?> > 2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual "Whenever you encounter an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider offering a flower or a fruit piece. For example, a rose petal or a raisin (kismis) may be offered. > > If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the text, you will end up making 700 offerings."> > When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60 "uvaacha". I tried scanning thru the durga saptashati for "oochuh" but am unable to find the same. Maybe I am not looking at the correct verses. Can you please give me one example of a verse which has "oochuh"?> > > > Many Thanks in advance> > Anup>

Hi Anup,

No softcopy is available for the book.

Anyways, i also agree that it is worth trying your best to learn Sanskrit

Chanting.

Best of luck

Utpal

, Anup Ray <aray_usa wrote:

>

> Namaste Utpal,

>

> Thanks so much. If you have a soft copy, please send the same.

> In the meanwhile, I'm trying to adopt the technique that Ravi had suggested -

whichever works faster :).

>

> Thanks

> Anup

>

>

>

>

> vedic_pathak <vedic_pathak

>

> Mon, December 7, 2009 8:55:22 PM

>

>  

> Namaste Anup,

>

> If you are finding it difficult to read Devanagari, then there is one good

book " In Praise of Goddess " by Devdatta Kali. that will be very useful to you.

>

> I've it. if you wish i can send it to you.

>

> Best Regards,

>

> Utpal

>

> , Anup Ray <aray_usa@ .> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste Narasimhaji,

> >

> > Thanks for the clarification.

> >

> > I was trying to go thru the saptashati and get familiar with the Sanskrit

and also listening to the CD by Prakash Kaushik. But I realized I'm too slow to

pick up in this way reading from the devnagari script. However, if this is the

only way - I am not giving up.

> > Can someone suggest if there is a better way to get familiar or if any

English text is available for the entire Saptashati?

> >

> > Any response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

> >

> > Thanks

> > Anup

> >

> >

> >

> > Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr@>

> >

> > Cc: Anup Ray <aray_usa@ .>

> > Sat, December 5, 2009 11:01:50 AM

> >

> >  

> > Namaste,

> >

> > There is confusion here.

> >

> > In the saptashati text, add a swaahaa whenever you encounter a number and

make an offering, whether the number is after a verse or after an " uvaacha " or

after an " UchuH " . There should be about 700 offerings in saptashati like this.

> >

> > In addition, outside of the 700 offerings, there are things like kavacham,

> >

> > For the 700 verses of saptashati, there is no issue in adding swaahaa.

> >

> > Best regards,

> > Narasimha

> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

> > Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,

> > " Do It Yourself " ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:

> > http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> > Films that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFilms.org

> > Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom

> > Jyotish writings: http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings

> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

> >

> > ---- Anup Ray <aray_usa > wrote:

> > > Namaste Ravi,

> > >

> > > Thanks for your response.

> > > I guess Narasimhaji advised on not using swaha inappropriately if we are

not well-versed in Sanskrit language. Can I still continue to make offerings

after every verse without uttering swaha?

> > > Sorry for this silly query and thanks in advance for your patience.

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > > Anup

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > > Ravi Poruri <rporuri >

> > >

> > > Tue, December 1, 2009 12:10:34 AM

> > > Re: Chandipath Query

> > >

> > >

> > > Namaste Anup,

> > >

> > >

> > > If you combine all the " oochuh " , " uvaacha " and non-oochuh and non-uvaacha

manual.

> > > Hope this is clear.

> > >

> > > Regards

> > > Ravi

> > >

> > >

> > > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswatifilms.com

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Anup Ray <aray_usa >

> > >

> > > Mon, November 30, 2009 10:01:18 AM

> > >

> > >

> > > Namaste Ravi,

> > >

> > > Thanks for your response.

> > > # 1 is fine. Thanks.

> > > For # 2 (please refer my below email), I am a little confused. how would

we end up making 700 offerings then?

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > > Anup

> > >

> > >

> > > Ravi Poruri <rporuri >

> > >

> > > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:08:02 AM

> > >

> > >

> > > Namaste Anup,

> > >

> > >

> > > 1. As per Chandipath Chapter 12, verse 4, Ashtami, Chaturdasi and Navami

are very auspicious days.

> > >

> > > 2. " oochuh " occurs only few times, chapter 4, verse 33 is one of them.

> > >

> > > All the best.

> > >

> > > Regards

> > > Ravi

> > >

> > >

> > > Films that make a difference : http://www.saraswat ifilms.com

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Anup Ray <aray_usa >

> > >

> > > Sun, November 29, 2009 9:59:22 AM

> > > Chandipath Query

> > >

> > >

> > > Namaste Narasimhaji,

> > >

> > > I have been doing Ganapati homam for some time and was looking forward to

> > >

> > > I had a couple of queries related to Chandi path -

> > > 1. Is there any specific day which is considered auspicious to start with

> > > 2. I found the following text in the Chandi manual " Whenever you encounter

an “uvaacha†or “oochuh†followed by a number, you may want to consider

(kismis) may be offered.

> > > If you read all the 13 chapters adding “swaahaa†at each number in the

> > > When I tried to look into the 13 chapters, I encountered less than 60

> > >

> > > Many Thanks in advance

> > > Anup

> >

>