IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Chandi Path (for Anup)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Anup,

You can read the mails below. Ravi has mentioned a nice technique of setting a 40 days period of regular practise. Normally for anyone who is not well verses in Sanskrit, the first few Chandi Paths can be taxing, but that is only a matter of few days. Also, you can try reading it in your mother tongue as mentioned by Narayan in one mail below.

Hope you find the mails useful.

-Regards

Rajarshi

"There is no intoxication greater than the sweet name of God" - Vimalananda.--- On Wed, 29/7/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri wrote:

Ravi Poruri <rporuriRe: Re: Chandi Homa Date: Wednesday, 29 July, 2009, 8:57 AM

Namaste Rajarshi, When I started out my Chandi homas (elaborate procedure), it used to take about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs and I could easily manage the fire with coconut pieces (Each piece is a qurater of the whole coconut). Place 2 pieces side by side and the third one touching the sides of these 2, giving it a triangular shape if you look from top (white side facing up).During homam make sure you turn the pieces side-ways so that all the sides of a single piece catch fire. When white side is burnt enough, turn it over to bring the dark side up.At the beginning of each chapter, add a new piece, pushing the thoroughly burnt piece to the top side. So, at any time you should have 2 pieces burning so that one supports the other in case of an emergency. It is very helpful if you can have the Chandipath script in front of you while listening to the audio. Familiarize

yourself with all the difficult words, underline the words that need extra care of pronunciation. Then read aloud while listening to the audio and when you feel comfortable, set a rule for yourself on 21 days or 40 days and start reading daily. Very soon, the total time will drastically reduce and you can start the homa. Try to bring down the total duration at an affordable level and at the same time to a comfortable level. When you do homa, use your left thumb to track the verse you are on. It will help initially. Also, if you are constrained by time, you can just follow what Narasimha does as mentioned in an earlier post to Utpal. In addition to what Narasimha does, I read Ganapathi Atharvaseersham, Kavacha and Devi Suktam an addition of about 10 minutes. All the best.RegardsRavi

rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in>Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:06:59 AMRe: Re: Chandi Homa

Hi,

This is indeed very interesting. I have one more question for you Narayanji. Do you do homa with wood or coconut? If you are doing it with wood, then initially when the Chandi homas took 4 hours, how did you keep the fire going continuously?

Did you play the CD and keep practicing the Chandi with it, or you played it while doing the homam and pronounced it along with hearnig it?

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 28/7/09, naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ gmail.com> wrote:

naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ gmail.com> Re: Chandi HomaTuesday, 28 July, 2009, 1:26 PM

Namaste Rajarshi ji & Friends,Thats nice. All the best!One more thing, I don't know to read tamil/malayalam (mother tongue) script, and very shaky with Devanagari script and hence it's a chore for me. I am sure most members are well versed with their mother tongue and will be able to read it fluently and in a shorter time than mine.RegardsNarayan, rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Narayanji> > Thanks for the info, I have a Giri trading near where I live in Dombvili. Thanks once again!> > -Regards> Rajarshi> > > > The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra> > --- On Mon, 27/7/09, naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...>

wrote:> > > naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...>> Re: Chandi Homa> > Monday, 27 July, 2009, 11:24 PM> > > > > > > Namaste Rajarshi ji,> > Yes, there are differences between the Gita Press & RK publications. Manishi Panditji asked me to stick to the Gita Press version.> > Regarding the mp3, you can get the CD from Giri Trading (branches in Matunga, Mylapore, Malleshwaram) or any place which sells South Indian/Tamil devotional CD's.> > Regards> Narayan> > , rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Narayanji> > >

> Thanks for the reply. As you said, the words are really difficult to pronounce. Is the audio of Sri Prakash Kaushik avaible in stores, or where can I get it from?> > > > And the strangest thing I find is that, the Chandi I have is a version I had bought from the Ramakrishna Mission, in Bengali, my mother tongue. This publication of Chandi is very popular in west bengal, unlike the Gita Press publication. And when I bought a Gita Press Chandi and compared it recently, I found that there are words and places (sandhis) which are different in the two!> > > > Anyway kindly tell me where I can find this mp3.> > > > -Regards> > Rajarshi> > > > > > > > The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra> > > > --- On Mon, 27/7/09, naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...> wrote:>

> > > > > naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...>> > Re: Chandi Homa> > > > Monday, 27 July, 2009, 8:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Namaste,> > > > I would also like to add that I was able to reduce the time by practicing it regularly and very importantly, listening to an audio by S. Prakash Kaushik's Durga Saptashati. It was a big help, his chantings were awesome, has a great voice, does it slowly, so that beginners like myself can pause and repeat it. I tried listening to Narasimha's mp3, but found it a bit fast for my liking.> > > > It is important for beginners, to know how to chant in a rhythm, the sandhi's and especially some complicated words.> > > > Hope this helps.> >

> > Regards> > Narayan> > > > , "naaraayana_ iyer" <narayan.iyer@ ...> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste,> > > > > > When I started out to do Chandi Homam, it took me 4Hrs to perform it. So, I started reading the script daily to familiarize myself with the text. After practicing for a month, I got it down to 1Hr-1.15Hr.> > > > > > Regards> > > Narayan> > > > > > > > > , rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14@ > wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear All,> > > > > > > > Those who do Chandi HOmams regulrly, how long does it take to do the full homam generally? Also when they started initially, did it take longer time to do the full chandi homam?> > > >

> > > > -Regards> > > > Rajarshi> > > > > > > > > > > > The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz. / /> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > See the Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz. /> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads. / in/internetexplo rer/>

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Namaste Rajarshi,

Thanks so much!!

- Anup

rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 Sent: Tue, December 8, 2009 12:06:33 PMFwd: Re: Chandi Path (for Anup)

Dear Anup,

You can read the mails below. Ravi has mentioned a nice technique of setting a 40 days period of regular practise. Normally for anyone who is not well verses in Sanskrit, the first few Chandi Paths can be taxing, but that is only a matter of few days. Also, you can try reading it in your mother tongue as mentioned by Narayan in one mail below.

Hope you find the mails useful.

-Regards

Rajarshi

"There is no intoxication greater than the sweet name of God" - Vimalananda.--- On Wed, 29/7/09, Ravi Poruri <rporuri > wrote:

Ravi Poruri <rporuri >Re: Re: Chandi HomaWednesday, 29 July, 2009, 8:57 AM

Namaste Rajarshi, When I started out my Chandi homas (elaborate procedure), it used to take about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs and I could easily manage the fire with coconut pieces (Each piece is a qurater of the whole coconut). Place 2 pieces side by side and the third one touching the sides of these 2, giving it a triangular shape if you look from top (white side facing up).During homam make sure you turn the pieces side-ways so that all the sides of a single piece catch fire. When white side is burnt enough, turn it over to bring the dark side up.At the beginning of each chapter, add a new piece, pushing the thoroughly burnt piece to the top side. So, at any time you should have 2 pieces burning so that one supports the other in case of an emergency. It is very helpful if you can have the Chandipath script in front of you while listening to the audio. Familiarize

yourself with all the difficult words, underline the words that need extra care of pronunciation. Then read aloud while listening to the audio and when you feel comfortable, set a rule for yourself on 21 days or 40 days and start reading daily. Very soon, the total time will drastically reduce and you can start the homa. Try to bring down the total duration at an affordable level and at the same time to a comfortable level. When you do homa, use your left thumb to track the verse you are on. It will help initially. Also, if you are constrained by time, you can just follow what Narasimha does as mentioned in an earlier post to Utpal. In addition to what Narasimha does, I read Ganapathi Atharvaseersham, Kavacha and Devi Suktam an addition of about 10 minutes. All the best.RegardsRavi

rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in>Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:06:59 AMRe: Re: Chandi Homa

Hi,

This is indeed very interesting. I have one more question for you Narayanji. Do you do homa with wood or coconut? If you are doing it with wood, then initially when the Chandi homas took 4 hours, how did you keep the fire going continuously?

Did you play the CD and keep practicing the Chandi with it, or you played it while doing the homam and pronounced it along with hearnig it?

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 28/7/09, naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ gmail.com> wrote:

naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ gmail.com> Re: Chandi HomaTuesday, 28 July, 2009, 1:26 PM

Namaste Rajarshi ji & Friends,Thats nice. All the best!One more thing, I don't know to read tamil/malayalam (mother tongue) script, and very shaky with Devanagari script and hence it's a chore for me. I am sure most members are well versed with their mother tongue and will be able to read it fluently and in a shorter time than mine.RegardsNarayan, rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Narayanji> > Thanks for the info, I have a Giri trading near where I live in Dombvili. Thanks once again!> > -Regards> Rajarshi> > > > The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra> > --- On Mon, 27/7/09, naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...>

wrote:> > > naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...>> Re: Chandi Homa> > Monday, 27 July, 2009, 11:24 PM> > > > > > > Namaste Rajarshi ji,> > Yes, there are differences between the Gita Press & RK publications. Manishi Panditji asked me to stick to the Gita Press version.> > Regarding the mp3, you can get the CD from Giri Trading (branches in Matunga, Mylapore, Malleshwaram) or any place which sells South Indian/Tamil devotional CD's.> > Regards> Narayan> > , rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Narayanji> > >

> Thanks for the reply. As you said, the words are really difficult to pronounce. Is the audio of Sri Prakash Kaushik avaible in stores, or where can I get it from?> > > > And the strangest thing I find is that, the Chandi I have is a version I had bought from the Ramakrishna Mission, in Bengali, my mother tongue. This publication of Chandi is very popular in west bengal, unlike the Gita Press publication. And when I bought a Gita Press Chandi and compared it recently, I found that there are words and places (sandhis) which are different in the two!> > > > Anyway kindly tell me where I can find this mp3.> > > > -Regards> > Rajarshi> > > > > > > > The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra> > > > --- On Mon, 27/7/09, naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...> wrote:>

> > > > > naaraayana_iyer <narayan.iyer@ ...>> > Re: Chandi Homa> > > > Monday, 27 July, 2009, 8:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Namaste,> > > > I would also like to add that I was able to reduce the time by practicing it regularly and very importantly, listening to an audio by S. Prakash Kaushik's Durga Saptashati. It was a big help, his chantings were awesome, has a great voice, does it slowly, so that beginners like myself can pause and repeat it. I tried listening to Narasimha's mp3, but found it a bit fast for my liking.> > > > It is important for beginners, to know how to chant in a rhythm, the sandhi's and especially some complicated words.> > > > Hope this helps.> >

> > Regards> > Narayan> > > > , "naaraayana_ iyer" <narayan.iyer@ ...> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste,> > > > > > When I started out to do Chandi Homam, it took me 4Hrs to perform it. So, I started reading the script daily to familiarize myself with the text. After practicing for a month, I got it down to 1Hr-1.15Hr.> > > > > > Regards> > > Narayan> > > > > > > > > , rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14@ > wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear All,> > > > > > > > Those who do Chandi HOmams regulrly, how long does it take to do the full homam generally? Also when they started initially, did it take longer time to do the full chandi homam?> > > >

> > > > -Regards> > > > Rajarshi> > > > > > > > > > > > The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz./ /> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > See the Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz./ /> >> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads. / in/internetexplo rer/>

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.