IndiaDivine.org

question on offerings..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

During homam some of my offerings don't get burnt properly. There are leftover

halfburnt coconut pieces, half burnt naievdyam etc. Is it ok to collect all

these leftover halfburnt pieces and use it for the next homam or will it be like

giving stale food to god. I have lot of raksha accumulating what do you all do

with so much raksha.

Thanks,

Sudha

Sudha,

Please bury or put in the ocean/river these left over offerings also if you'd like to dispose of some of the raksha that is one way.

Hari Om

Chetan

metllapalli <metllapalli Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 8:54:48 AM question on offerings..

Hi all,During homam some of my offerings don't get burnt properly. There are leftover halfburnt coconut pieces, half burnt naievdyam etc. Is it ok to collect all these leftover halfburnt pieces and use it for the next homam or will it be like giving stale food to god. I have lot of raksha accumulating what do you all do with so much raksha. Thanks,Sudha

Hi Sudha,

If the purnahuti does not burn or some offering is left unburned, then use it the next time you do homa.

As for the Raksha/Ash left, collect it for a few months and then ideally throw it in flowing water - river, sea etc. Or I guess bury it if you don't find a way of disposing it off in flowing natural water.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Thu, 10/12/09, metllapalli <metllapalli wrote:

metllapalli <metllapalli question on offerings.. Date: Thursday, 10 December, 2009, 10:24 PM

Hi all,During homam some of my offerings don't get burnt properly. There are leftover halfburnt coconut pieces, half burnt naievdyam etc. Is it ok to collect all these leftover halfburnt pieces and use it for the next homam or will it be like giving stale food to god. I have lot of raksha accumulating what do you all do with so much raksha. Thanks,Sudha

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Respected Sudha,The ghee and camphor etc., to be used properly so that the offerings in the homa should be burnt completely,if at all any residue it should be placed where no body walks or under a tree or safely it can be buried under the soil.it should not be reused.even the left over ghee in the ajya patra also to be poured in the fire.with regard to the Raksha the excess quantity can be mixed with water and poured to the treesS.Ravi Shankar--- On Fri, 11/12/09, rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 wrote:rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14Re: question on offerings.. Date: Friday, 11

December, 2009, 6:42 AM

Hi Sudha,

If the purnahuti does not burn or some offering is left unburned, then use it the next time you do homa.

As for the Raksha/Ash left, collect it for a few months and then ideally throw it in flowing water - river, sea etc. Or I guess bury it if you don't find a way of disposing it off in flowing natural water.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Thu, 10/12/09, metllapalli <metllapalli@ > wrote:

metllapalli <metllapalli@ > question on offerings..Thursday, 10 December, 2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks to all of you for giving me the useful tips. I appreciate the quick response.RegardsSudha--- On Fri, 12/11/09, s.ravi Shankar <gurukkal.shankar wrote:s.ravi Shankar <gurukkal.shankarRe: question on offerings.. Date: Friday, December 11, 2009, 12:48 AM

Respected Sudha,The ghee and camphor etc., to be used properly so that the offerings in the homa should be burnt completely,if at all any residue it should be placed where no body walks or under a tree or safely it can be buried under the soil.it should not be reused.even the left over ghee in the ajya patra also to be poured in the fire.with regard to the Raksha the excess quantity can be mixed with water and poured to the treesS.Ravi Shankar--- On Fri, 11/12/09, rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 (AT) (DOT) co.in>Re: question on offerings..Friday, 11

December, 2009, 6:42 AM

Hi Sudha,

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Thu, 10/12/09, metllapalli <metllapalli@ > wrote:

metllapalli <metllapalli@ > question on offerings..Thursday, 10 December, 2009, 10:24 PM