IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Polali Sree Rajarajeshwari Temple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dattu, this is a vey good serial and very nice story. The serial's name is Rajarajeswari. And it talks about Sri vidya. I do not know if they have let out the cd's , because the serial is still continuing.

SR.Rajkumarpara_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Dear divine sir,Wow! Does suntv do that?I really miss being in chennai. Iam here in canada and dont have access to cable here.All I get to watch in tv are seinfield and Everybody loves Raymond!I wish someone really has a VCD of the whole series.I will get it somehow. Can you please help me sir?yours yogically,SubodhaRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , "SR.Raj kumar" <srirajarajeswari9> wrote:> I hope you watch the teleserial Sri Rajarajeswari at 9pm on sun tv every sunday. There they mention at the end of the serial about the various Rajarajeswari temples available in India. It will help you to write more on the various of Ambal.> > ****** <para_anuloma> wrote:Dear Lovers of amba,> > Sri Rajarajeshwari Temple, Polali > About

72 kms. from Udupi, formerly known as 'Pulingapura', is a hamlet of Kariangala village. Polali is situated at the distance of about 200 yards from the Gurpur River. It has an important temple dedicated to Rajarajeshwari. From a short inscription discovered here recently, it appears that the temple was established in the 8th century A D. Near this place, there are also other epigraphs of about the same century. It has been a well-known centre of Shakti worship. It is believed that it was about this temple that Abdul Razzak wrote in 1448. These shows that the temple was made of molten brass, with four platforms or ascents and on the highest of them was an image of the size of a man made of gold with eyes composed of two red rubies. The idol of Rajarajeshwari is a huge stucco image of a height of about ten feet. There are several other smaller stucco-images of Bhadrakali, Subramanya, etc. The ceiling in the Mukhamantapa, which is

of wood, is covered with excellent carvings of gods> and goddesses. The roofs of the mukhamantapa and the garbhagriha as also the dhwajastambha and the pillar of lights are covered with copper plates. The annual car festive, which lasts for a month, attracts a large number of people.> > Six days before the close of the festival, commences a football tournament called 'Polali Chanabeor 'Polali Chendu' which lasts for four days. The tournament is highly popular and attracts large crowds of spectators. The football is made of straw and leather. About 500 persons take part in it. Any number of persons can compete on either side and the only rule is that whichever side succeeds in sending the ball to the other end is the winner. The play is said to represent the mythological fight between gods and demons and the car festival which follows is said to indicate the victory of the former over the latter.>

> > > Sri Rajarajeshwari Temple, Polali> Karnataka, INDIA> Tel: 91 824 2766241> > > > > > > Subodha at the feet of Sree Rajarajeshwari> > > > > > Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...> > > > Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru > > > > > > > > > > > >