IndiaDivine.org

Mullackai Rajarajeshwari Temple; Pathiramanal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rajarajeshwari Nidhanas,

I had deviated a bit from my divine mother Rajarajeshwari and posted on other godesses. It is like a kid playing in neighbour's compund and eating in the hands of other sweet mothers but the child comes back to it's own mother at the end of the lady and sleeps cozily in Her lap!. My heart was yearning desperately to post something on my Ammani again but I was patient with member's postings and replied back to their queries.

I have a special attraction for kerala because the people there love Divine mother Rajarajeshwari Devi! They have lot of temples for the deity from Chottanikara Bhagavathy to Paervembu Bhagavathy. Incidentally my wife takes her roots there!

Now I have the opportunity to post something on Mullackai Rajarajeshwari temple In kerala.

It is a small island and it is a favourite haunt for Rajarajeshwari Bhakthas.The island's name is Pathiramanal.

PathiramanalPathiramanal or 'mid night sand' is a small bewitching island in the Vembanad Lake. It is a haven of hundreds of rare migratory birds from different parts of the world.

This island lies between Thannirmukkam and Kumarakom and is accessible by boat only. This little island is surrounded by the Vembanad Lake, stretching from Alappuzha to Kochi and the Kayamkulam Lake.

Sprucing up the beauty of the region are these quaint reservoirs named Nattakom and Panachikad Reservoirs and are set amidst a green carpet. This thriving landscape makes it pleasing for the migratory birds to have a little fun every summer. The green island thus forms an ideal place for a break in the journey while on a backwater cruise.The mainland Alappuzha has a vast network of lakes, lagoons and fresh water rivers criss-crossing it and is a district of immense natural beauty. A boat ride from Kodoorar in Panachikad to Kumarakom is a great way to relax and enjoy nature's bounties. .

Legends attribute a divine origin to the island. It is said that this enchanting island of Pathiramanal (sands of midnight) was formed when the waters of the Vembanad Lake parted as a devout young Brahmin dived in to perform his evening ablutions! He was a devout Rajarajeshwari Bhaktha.

Thus the temple was formed. Though the sthala purana has another story.

People visit this temple because they feel the blessings of Godess Rajarajeshwari Devi will shower prosperity on them. this then is the 'Ideekam'.

Iam planning to go there this trip to India. And will post more then on this temple with some photos also taken by me personally(that is if they allow me to take of the deity also)

Yours yogically,

Ammae Bhagavathy!

Subodha

Hope this 'migratory bird called subodha' is also captured in the island of Chintamani griha where my Ammani resides!

This place is near Alleppey

Alleppey (Alappuzha) is one of the most important tourist centers in Kerala. It has a large network of Inland Canals earning it the sobriquet "Venice of the East". These large Inland canals are the lifeline of Alleppey. It is the centre for Coir Carpet Industries and prawn farming. Alleppey, the ideal headquarters for backwater tourism as well as for visits to the lovely church filled town of Kottayam, and the town of Aranmula, famous for its historic Aranmula Snake Boat Race which is an annual event