IndiaDivine.org

Mahavidya Kali (Goddess Kali)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

The below attached topic is taken from the link Kundalini and chakras.

I found it interesting & hope you will too.

I know that many a time most of my posts are too big and consumes your time but if I edit it then there is no much Value for the Topic.

I do hope that You will spare few moments of your time to read the same.

Thank you.

Babitha

Mahavidya Kali (Goddess Kali)

First of the Dasa Mahavidyas of Indian Philosophy of TantraSupreme Deity of Kali Temple, Mahatirtha Kalighat, Kolkata, IndiaThe Kali Temple (of Ma Kali the Mother/Goddess Kali) is situated at Kalighat at Kolkata India. The Kalighat Temple on the bank of River Hoogly (Bhagirathi/Ganga) regarded as the principal Deity of Bengal and has been the sacred destination of pilgrimage for millions of Hindu devotees over centuries for giving Puja (worship with Hindu Rituals) to Mahavidya Kali and give Puja (worship with prescribed Rituals for Health Wealth Peace Prosperity) as this is one of the 51 Peetha Sthanas of Devi. Known for the divine power of Ma Kali the first of the Mahavidyas, the famous Kalighat Temple is the abode of Ma Kali as well as Lord Shiva. Nakuleshwar Mahadeva is the Bhairab of Goddess Kali. The Temple of Nakuleshwar Bhairava is near the Kalighat Temple. The idol of the

goddess is made out of black stone and decorated with gold and silver and that of lord Shiva is casted in silver.There is a legend that Sati's father had set up to perform a maha yagna (grand puja) called Daksha's yajna and everyone was invited except for his daughter and son-in-law, as he had never liked Shiva. On reaching the Yajna, Sati and Shiva were constantly ignored. Humiliated by this Sati cursed the Yajna and threw herself into the fire. The burnt remains fell down in 51 places while the infuriated Lord Shiva carried them back to his abode in Kailash. Thus the Temple of Kalighat forms a part of the 51 "Shakthi Peethams" housingthe right toe of Sati DeviRebuilt in the year 1809, the abode of the goddess has attracted devotees from both across the country and abroad. Unfortunately that has not been enough to quench the thirst of the seeker of the Mother's blessings. Many a times, there have been millions and

more, who wished they could offer prayers at her pedestal but could not because of the proximity of distance.Now, that is not a problem any more. "www.kalighat.com" is a site thathelps to bridge this gap between the deity and her devotee. It is a great pleasure to announce that this inconvenience faced by the devotees of Ma Kali led to the launch of the website whereby devotees will be able to offer prayer to the goddess without any further hindrance and be blessed by her benediction.Read Mahavidya Kali & Rituals by Shwetambarnath

Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football