IndiaDivine.org

Reply to a query.---Chandisaptha shati

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Learned Members,I am glad to have come across a true Devi related group.I have downloaded the Durga Sapth-Sathi Devi Mahatmayam Sloka.I have to do in my Wife's name.CAN SOME BODY Help me figure out the following?1. How to DO?2. When to DO?3. What are the restrictions in doing it?4. Do I have to recite when she with me?5. What is the proper time?6. What direction do I have to face when doing this?7. I am in USA, so there might not be availability of Some of theitems that should be there.8. What is the Pre- Mantras before reciting Devi-Mahatmyam and aftermantras or stotras.9. How to add my wife's name to get the benefit?Please help me on doing this

--

In reply to the above query.

Dear Member,

Thankyou for your kind words for this fledgling group on Rajarajeshwaree Ammani.

Saptashati are 700 shlokas which basically praise Godess Durga. Reading of these 700 shlokas is called as Saptashati Pathan. This Pathana is basically done for removing all sorts of troubles.

It is also done with the specific purposes in the mind. Saptashati Pathan can be done in following three ways :

1) Reading plain 700 shlokas (Normal way or Normal Pathan)

2) A special mantra before each shloka (Pallav Pathan)

3) A special mantra before and after each shloka (Samput Pathan)

The special mantra is different for different reasons. A mantra for persone who is doing Pathana for his own marriage is :

The special mantra for removing all sorts of trouble is :

The special mantra for praying for success is :

The above said Pathan can be done is folloiwng groups:

1) Single Pathan (reading 700 shlokas, normal, pallav or samput)

2) Navachandi- Nine Pathans

3) ShataChandi - Hundred Pathans

4) Sahastra Chandi - One thousand Pathans

How to do it?

Please do it with full faith and with correct pronunciation.

Please get a cassette or CD which you can find aplenty in any online site or Indin shop.( I have given one such site below..cut paste copied...you can click on the url and buy the same.)

If you know sanskrit then you are at an advantage.

If you know other Indian languages then too you are at an advantage especially with languages like Telugu,Kannada and Malayalam.(In tamil one should be careful to not mispronounce and must look to the numbering pattern for the language in the text)

Be seated in an asana and light a lamp(preferbly a ghee lamp) before the photo of Rajarajeshwari devi (please look at the group's photo section) for a photo.

Then install a small vigraha of Ganapathy and your gurunatha

First mentally protrate before gananatha and your gurunatha.

Then do achamana(if you know)

Then start the sankalpa and then do the Saptha shathi.

(Rajarajeshwaree tanjore painting)

2. When to do?

Durga saptha shati is normally done during navaratri time.

That Devi who exists in all beings in the form of Energy. Reverence to Her. Reverence to Her. Reverence to Her. Reverence. Reverence

The word DURGA is one of the many names of Divine Mother - God as Mother. This concept of feminine theology has been propagated in ancient Sanskrit text BRAHMA-VAI-VARTA-PURANA in 1500 AD SRI DURGA SAPTASHATI is based on the sound energy principle. Let us see how: One of the greatest contributors of Hinduism to mankind, especially to the modern world of materialism, stress and anxiety, was Patanjali. Five thousand yeas ago Patanjali wrote 'YOGA SUTRAS'. It is not the yoga of body postures. It is science of soul - ATMA and consciousness - CHIT. Patanjali says "Sound is the basic element of existence. Repeat and meditate on sound AUM". SRI DURGA SAPTASHATI is mantra energy. Recitation or listening to the mantras of SRI DURGA SAPTASHATI brings about changes in your body, in your mind and you transcend. You go beyond 'I am' and 'This is mine'. The word DURGA consists of five parts D+U+R+G+A. -

The sound 'D' stands for DAITYA - ASURA or demon tendencies like anger, ego attachment, greed etc, destruction of these DAITYA VRITIES. - The sound 'U' stands for VIGHNA NASHAKA - destroyer of obstacles - The sound 'R' stands for ROGA NASHAKA - destroyer of diseases - The sound 'G' stands for PAAPA NASHAKA - destroyer of sins - The sound 'A' stands for BHAYA NASHAKA - destroyer of fears Thus, DURGA sound is destroyer of all malefics. When malefics are destroyed, happiness happens automatically and no effort is required. Simply listen or recite the mantras of this scripture. Next, the word 'SAPTA' means 'seven'. Then the word 'SHATI' means 'hundred'. SAPTASHATI means seven hundred. Thus SRI DURGA SAPTASHATI contains seven hundred mantras. The source of SRI DURGA SAPTASHATI is in Markandeya Purana (authored by Vaidvyas), during the period of Savarani the Manu. The structure of SRI DURGA SAPTASHATI is divided into three parts called CHRITs.

The first CHRIT is the first chapter which deals with slaying of two Asuras - Madhu (love tendency) and Kaitabha (hate), by Vishnu, when Brahma (mind) prayed on Kali. Kali is center of meditation. She is Rig Veda. It contains Tamas Guna. The mantras of this chapter will saturate your body with energy in three months, or constant recitation, if done at the same time and the same place every day with an alert mind. Here is birth of Athma in the gross body. The energy level is sex center. Sex as sensual disappears. At this level your body has accumulated so much energy that anything said can come true. The second CHRIT consists of the second, third and fourth Chapter. Center of meditation is MAHA LAKSMI. Mahisha sur mardni (destroyer of mamta). Atma is born at heart center. Attachment disappears. Virag enters. Minimum period of recitation of mantras of second CHRIT is again three months. Atma energy is accumulated at heart center. At this stage you may minimize and

choose your social contacts. The third CHRIT is composed of the fifth to the thirteen chapters. Center of meditation is MAHA SARASWATI, slayer of Asuras Shumba (ego, I) and Nishumba (mum = mine). She is Sama Veda. It contains Satvic Guna. Atma is born at the head center between the eyebrows. Meditator becomes parallel to DURGA DEVI and can predict past, present and future. At this stage both body and mind disappear and he goes beyond matter and I am. Finally, the Hymns to DURGA in the first chapter Ratri Sukta, the fourth chapter (when Devatas pray on her after slaying of Mahisha sur), fifth chapter Devi Sukta and eleventh chapter Narayani Sukta, are so sweet and extremely sublime. These four prayers should be recited in original Sanskrit text, because the meditator, while chanting these Hymns, feels drugged or drunk. In this scripture, there are certain specific mantras which are used for worldly benefits. Some Hindu translators have mentioned these mantras,

but a proper guidance is extremely essential to utilize these for worldly benefits like accumulation of wealth, eradication of disease, success in education and carrier, even in liberation of soul, etc, because, chapter 13, mantra 5 says: "Surrender to her the supreme Goddess of Gods" She indeed, if worshipped, will shower: 1. Bhoga - enjoyment of desire 2. Swarga-Heaven 3. Moksha - the liberation from cycle of death and rebirth. NOTE: The devotees and worshipers of this scripture are advised to recite this strictly under the guidance of a spiritual teacher, a master or a guru!

Now addressing the question when to do it. Start on a pournami and finish off the chanting daily for 7 weeks(one mandala).

Do this in the evening or in the night. Some also exhort the greatness of brhma muhurtha for this.

I would advise you to start either on a pournami or on friday(during rahukaal) Never miss Rahukaal each day for the recitiation of atleast a few verses of the saptha shati.

I have cut pate and copied a site which sells durga saptha shati audio CDs the site url is

http://www.vedaseries.com/veda/Detail.jsp?item_id=92

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Home | About us | Products | Contact us

Registration | Shopping Cart| Login/Logout | Administration

Search

Category

AllAudio CDsBooksEdu. VCDsPicturesSoftwaresVideo CDs

Title

More Search Options

Advanced search

Categories

Audio CDs

Video CDs

Pictures

Books

Edu. VCDs

Softwares

Collections

Sahasranam

Shatnamavali

Stotram

New Releases

Shri Durga Stotram

Shri Hanuman Stotram

Om Shantihi Shantihi Shantihi

Do you have a question about these products?

Enter your question.

Item Detail

Title

Durga Saptshati

Status

Available

Category

Audio CDs

Price INR.

Devi Durga is known as Goddess of Power. Her presence is all pervading. She is the source of all creation, righteousness and She is the revealer of truth. Shri Durga Saptashati (seven hundred Verses of Devi Durga) is the most popular text read and chanted by devotees of Shri Durga. It is a well-established belief and faith of devotees that reading, chanting and listening of Durga Saptashati fulfills all their wishful desires. As per the traditions prevelent, it is established that Durga Saptashati pacifies negative influence of Planets; it is definite source of success in all areas of life; it is infinite source of attainment of knowledge, peace, happiness, auspiciousness, good fortune, fame, and long life; prevents and eliminates all kinds of negativities, misfortunes, fears, sufferings, diseases, calamities, hurdles, obstacles, sorrows, ill-effects of the sins and distresses; brings support of nature, comfort, and happiness; liberates from

bondages, helps to acquire wealth, authority and power. It is recommended to listen to this Vedic traditional chanting of Durga Saptashati and enjoy its innumerable benefits. Durga SaptashatiVolume-1 Shri Durga Kavacham---14:14, Argala Stotram---06:05, Keelakam---04:11Vedic Ratrisuktam---02:42, Saptashati Nyasah---04:25, Pratham Charitram, Adhyay-01---21:46Madhyam Charitram, Adhyay-02---18:29Volume-2---Adhyay-03---10:44, Adhyay-04---12:40Uttam Charitram, Adhyay-05---20:37, Adhyay-06---05:34, Adhyay-07---06:40, Adhyay-08---15:11Volume-3---Adhyay-09---09:59, Adhyay-10---07:12Adhyay-11---13:33, Adhyay-12---09:32, Adhyay-13---05:38Uttar Nyasah---02:50, Vedic Devisuktam---03:48, PRadhanik Rahasyam---07:38Vaikritik Rahasyam---09:23, Murti Rahasyam---05:26Recitation by: Atharv Ved Vidwan Pt. Ramesh Vardhan and Pt. Ramchandra Joshi

Quantity

Rating

Current Rating

Your Rating

RegularGoodVery GoodExcellent

Registration

Shopping Cart

Login/Logout

Administration

Disclaimers

2005 Vedic Arts & Crafts Promotion Pvt. Ltd., All rights reserved

--

What are the restrictions while doing it?

Have purity...inner and outer.

Be a celibate those few days atleast

Take saatvic food.

Do not watch Tv or films and concentrate on Godess Rajarajeshwaree devi alone during the mandala period.I have seen myself that if one watches TV and wastes one'e emotional energy and diverts one will not see results to one's satisfaction.

The direction to face is

EAST OR NORTH EAST.

Do not bother where you are and how mny items you can procure do it with a strong and faithful heart and godess Rajrajeshwaree devi will reside in your heart.

There are no 'pre and post mantras' Some recite the argaala stotra and some the kalidasa virachita kali stotra before the saptha shati.

But some follow this pattern

Maha Durga kavacham

Argala stotram

Keelakam

shappodhar

utkilanarahasytraya

Tantrokta Ratri suktam

Dhyanam

Tantrokta Devi suktam

Beej mantra (108 japa)

Saptashloki Durga(Chandi/Durga sapthashati)

Kshama prarthana (aparadakshamapna stotra)

phalashruthi

This then will be an elaborate affair

So,I would recommend starting off with sankalpa,dhyana then the actual saptha shathi and then the phalashruthi. If you cannot procure phala shruthi then just read the Aparada kshamapana stotra and stop with that and give naivedya of milk and jaggery(raw sugar is available in USA)

While doing the sankalpa you can include your wife's name also as 'dharmapatni sametha'

Even otherwise half of whatever spiritual practices the husband(true and loving) does goes to the wife. One need not be concerned about this too much. What The purpose for which you are do will be known by Devi.(She will also know how much love you have for your wife)

While worshipping Rajarajeshwaree devi one should be wise like Lord Ganesha and passionate like Skanda.

Hope this reply though late helps you. I just got a chance to read my emails after a long time. I will be prompt from this week onwards in checking my emails and in postings too as Iam not moving around.

Sthire Rajarajeshwaryai Namaha!

Vajrambari,Shwethambari,Neelambari,Shakambhari!

Yours yogiclly,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru