IndiaDivine.org

Meaning of two words in Lalitha sahsranama(Reply)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rajeshji,

Iam posting your personal query on two terms in Lalitha sahasranama you have asked me as I find nothing personal.

I advised you to seek out a good bhashyam which will explain the terms yet you seek me again!

Ok I will tell you what I know.Please continue your worship of Madurai Meenakshi Ambal as before you need not change horses in mid stream to Godess Rajarajeshwaree. Both Mothers are same(Iam saying this because you have been worshipping that Mother for so many years and suddenly seeing this group and postings please do not change. In telugu there is a saying(since you are a telugu Iam syaing this) " Kottaka vintha paathaka rotha"(New things are a wonder and old things are a bore!) Divine Mother Meenakshi is as beautiful as Godess Rajarajeshwaree devi. Please do not compare as you did in your email to me that she has lower power than Godess Rajarajeshwaree. Just check your faith not their powers. As is your faith so is the power! Hope my slightly incisive reply does not hurt you.

Please bless me also with your power of Meenakshi upasana. Now I realize that 'printed word is God" ..please do not fall for words(not even my words). Experience divinity be it Meenakshi or my dear Mother Rajarajeshwaree and then decide. Iam not here to convert people to Bhakthas of Rajarajeshwaree devi. This is just a discussion platform/Forum.

Now for the words you have asked.

First word:(Bhagaraaadya)

(Meenakshi Ambal)

1. Bhagaraadya:(715th nama in Lalitha sahsranama)

Bhagaa means orbit of the sun

Araadya means one who is worshipped.

Godess Rajarajeshwaree devi is praised as being worshipped by the devataa Savithaa.

Godess Rajarajeshwaree is known as

LALITHA RAJARAJESHWAREE MAHATRIPURASUNDARI PARABHATTARIKA DEVATA.

The last appelation of being parabhattarika holds significance.

Savitha is misconstrued by many to be the feminine energy of sun! I am posting this to dispel such notions! Iam also shocked to find some half baked commentaries in the market which tell such stories.

Savithaa is the devata in the orbit of sun.

Normally Yagna and yaga(homa and havan) is done to make a faster connection with divinity. This is because devas and devatas respond only to fire sacrifices not just mantras or prayers. Fire which is by nature urdhvaretas(upward movement of semen of the hiranyashareera of devi Rajarajeshwaree) and savitha is the link devata.

This word also means that the godess herself is worshipped as Savithaa(here lies the confusion and the mistake. Care should be taken when trodding the path of Devi else confusion besets the person rather than clarity. Each word is to be analysed and sifted through for chaff and filth)

The second word asked by Rajeshji:

Kulotteerna(714th nama):

Rajeshji said some books says kula means caste and utterna means of a high caste. So which means Rajarajeshwaree devi is either a brahmin lady or a brahminical deity!!

Eshwaree!!

How foolish!

Rajarjeshwaree devi is beyond the net of castes and creeds. She is universal mother.If at all they intrepret in such a cheap fashion then they should say thus Kula means caste and utterna means one who has transcended the boundary of caste as Utterna means one who has transcended and this should not be confused with "uttama" which means highest.

But,

The word has to be interpreted thus.

Kula means the spheres of the senses and the mind

and utteerna means one who is beyond this!

The spehere of the senses and the mind is called "Manomaya Kosa". The godess is said to transcend this sphere. In other words,the godess cannot be understood by the Gnaanaindriyaas and the manaindirya(mind). Both being our instruments of comprehension--and Devi Rajarajeshwaree cannot be understood by any of our instruments of comprehension.

Hope this helps Rajeshji...Please do not read commentaries written by half baked "pundits" who confuse people in the name of caste and religion.

(A beautiful marble idol of Rajarajeshwaree Devi)

Seek truth...Seek the bhava

And the rest lies in you!

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru