IndiaDivine.org

Panchapreta Manchaadi saayinee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rajarajeshwaripriya modinis,

One member has asked me what is the meaning of

the word PANCHAPRETA MANCHAADI SAAYINEE

He is not satisfied with the common commentaries found in the market and has asked for my 'expert'(to quote his words) opinions.

I do not know whether I can qualify as an 'expert' on any matter. Iam learning and will be learning till I get my release from 'this-all'. (Iam sure if he sees my school boyish face and knows my age he wont consider me an 'expert'!)

Ok without acting too humble or modest I will reel out what I know on this.

Panchapreta manchaadi saayinee

This word comes in Lalitha sahsranama(947th nama)

This just extols the power,potency and puissance of Divine Mother Rajarajeshwaree Devi.

Let me split the word first

Adhisaayinee= one who is seated

Mancha=on a seat supported by

Panchapreta=by the five corpses.

Now, Panchabrahmas are the five deities

Brahma ,Vishnu, Rudra,Maheswara and Sadashiva.

Many people think Rudra,Maheswara and Sadashiva mean only Lord Shiva. But there are variations and Lord Shiva is one who has come to that shivic state. Noone really knows the name of Lord Shiva or Parvathy and hence the appellation 'AADIDAMPATHYAUHU' for them.

These Pancha brahmas are also called Panchapretas because without their shakthis they are nothing but corpses.

In tamil there is one saying " SHAKTHI ILLA SHIVAM SHAVAM"

(Telugu corresponding saying : shakthi leni shivam shavam)

Whichmeans that 'shiva' which is bereft of 'shakthi' is shava or dead body.

Have you not found that true renunciates have a shakthi of their own else they really do not have a tejas and whatever tejas they possess is just the 'glitter of brass' the golden shine to a sanyasi who has left everything including his co-mate comes paradoxically only after he has found his shakthi.

This is the reason why many Brahmic seers have their Ardhanginis with them during yagnas and even tapas.

Why the seers even Lord shiva is said to be in eternal sexual union in His sthula shareera and generally it is his lawbody which answers the prayers of his devotees and gives them darshan. His orgasmic pleasure is said to be trillion times greater than a human orgasm will he then leave that eternal orgasm called shiva-shakthi iiykiya and come down from that stage.

Yogis rave about khumbhaka and para khumbhaka which is said to be 100 times human orgasmic pleasure. Then just think of the number trillion!(which Lord shiva has easily achieved with his shakthi)

Devoid of prakriti purusha cannot play devoid of either paramam cannot play. This is my humble stance.

I beg to differ from people who support sanyaas saying that it is the highest marga.

I have taken this posting to elaborate on this nama of Lalitha sahsranama which not many have done justice not just for the sake of the member who emailed me personally but also for people who have anti-shakthi and anti-sex notions.

An anti-sex person has not known. I can say only this much.

Sexlessness is different from being anti-sex. Sexlessness comes from transencding it not opposing it.

Here the panchabrahmas try to exceed shakthi and beat Her and they fail. It has been said by my gurunatha that each try to release themselves from the sexual union thinking it is bad and act independently and then they become pretas. This is a high concept and so many have not understood it and just write in a short but eloquent manner lest they be ridiculed for writing something against the panchabrahmas.

The shakthi which when released, forms into one union called Rajarajeshwaree who sits on this throne of corpses as if to teach the panchabrahmas a lesson. She then gives form,fecundity and function again through a merger for example with maheshwara as maheshwari with rudra as roudrini, with brahma as braahmi ,with sadashiva as shivani and withVishnu as vaishnavi. The respective shakhas think Vaishnavi is Lakshmi, Braahmi is saraswathy etc. This is understood in ignorance which is understandable.

Now some books have written including one famous book on Lalitha sahsranam meanings(a bhashya supposedly) from which this member has approached me for a clarification that:

THE THRONE ON WHICH SHE SITS HAS FIVE LEGS AND THAT IS WHY PANCHA PRETAASANAASEENA.

It further mentions that five legs should not be taken as physical legs of a physical seat.The seat would have only four legs -not five.These five legs are all symbolic -and they are subtle. Subtle indeed! I can 'subtly' put that the author does not know much on this.

These days if someone does not know the symbolism on anything they use words like 'subtle','divine',' transecdental','supernal' etc.

This then is the venture of this author(read misadventure)

Then what is meant by those words in the nama?

very simple...The word 'mancha' has been confused. Telugu language has the word 'manchamu' which means a cot and the author might have been unawares of this and so rationalised it intellectually without understanding a simple concept(that is why I stress on the understanding of etymological studies before venturing to render bhashyams or even translate anything.My hand trembles with fear even if I touch Vishnu Sahasranam Bhashyam to translate and I have ventured only now to translate for my wife Lalithasahasranama sarvaswam(and that too not for public though I would like to ...Iam afraid if I make mistakes). Ofcourse I do not doubt the author's credentials in any manner but sometimes some slips are common. To err is human...

Now a cot in the olden days had four legs and one plank to support the person seated on it.

If the word is analysed thread bare one just derives a meaning 'supported by' and does not get the meaning 'five legged seat'. You are competing with no less a deity than Vageshwaree and She wont let out mantric words of lalitha sahsranama without any intention or meaning or just for beauty.

(Competing with Vaagvadini,vaageshwaree eh?)

Those who have seen the depection of the 92nd sloka of saundarya lahiri will see the point easily(incidentally I have kept that form of Rajarajeshwaree falsley being marketed in the spiritual bazaar as Balatripurasundari who is very young unlike Rajarajeshwaree devi as the group's home page photo)

If one carefully sees the photo one will find that She sits on Lord shiva is is sleeping like a 'shava'.

I have put this photo too down(hope it opens up for all,else please see our group's home page)

The five supports are sadashiva as the plank and the rest as the legs.

To quote Bhairavayaamalatantra-bahuroopaashtakaprasthaara says thus on this:

''That Brahmaadi are four legs and sadashiva himself is the plank(palaka in telugu and palagai in tamil and malayalam). In an ancient book in Manipravala(the olden name for Malayalam which was also known by names like Malayalma or malaya bhasha ) there is a reference to this preta and praakrti concept, I had the good fortune to read this too in the original script. I love the language Malayalam because it is a language which has sanskirt and dravidam fully.

It is also dear to me because my Mother Rajarajeshwaree devi is present in the sacred srividya texts of course Iam sad at the state of affairs of nowadays with the upsurge of communism and atheism in the language. Ammebhagavathy!

Now coming to the nama and the meaning.In the Manipraval text Adishankara (who came from Kaladi kerala) has said " oh! Rajarajeshwaree devi shiva suckled you like you were his mother and got his redness from you." Only Rajarajeshwaree is saffron in colour no other deity could he have refrred in that cryptic language. And whereever there is Rajarajeshwaree devi I go there as a bee in search of single drop of honey even if I have a honey comb in my house and mind from various sources.

This gave the concept of the 'Mugguru ammala kanna moola amma'' this is from the saaraswam book I read in telugu which means the revival of the lords Brahma as Braahmi, Sadashivaa as shivani etc as explained supra by me.

Brahmaadayaschatvaaraha prethaaha paadaaha sadaashivaaakhyaprethaha phalakamethaadrisham mancham paryankam adhishethe.....thus the sanskrit(manipravala bhasha words) go by the adibhagavadpaadaal! I have taken some pains to explain these concepts not known by many supra in easily understandble form.

(Pashyanthi..one who watches or observes)

This word is also closely connected with the word 'pashyanthi'(one who observes) when the panchabrahmas die and become pretas who will be there? Who else but my Mother Rajarajeshwaree devi!! Thus she is known as pashyanthi. This is what is called mahapralaya and thus she stays and sees during mahapralaya(pralaya means internal pralaya during kundalini awakening but mahapralaya is the destruction of everything universe) There are different forms of pralaya like bhupralaya(meaning the end of bhuloka) ,swargapralaya,etc.

(pralaya-inner decemation)

(Mahapralaya- outer decemation...the cosmic dissolution)

That then is a big concept and needs lot more elaboration whoich I will do if someone asks me in another posting. Else I will get on with my usual postings.

(Hope this photo of my gurunatha opens up)

I submit this meaning though short to the blue lotus feet of my gurunatha Rajagopala swami who inspired me this ungodly hour(1 am here IST!)(on a second thought what is ungoldy in this hour when this holy instant has been used to say something on my mother Rajarajeshwaree devi!) to type what I know from my home on this. (I want to elaborate much more on this nama but then it will become a study in erudition and a matter of pride that one knows much which I avoid like plague).Hope you my dear member has found a better light on the nama which I have explained with images and a bit of digression here and there. Hope this helps...

The credit of this posting goes to him and the defects are solely mine.

Subtle,divine,transcendental,supernal.....My sweet Mother Rajarajeshwaree Devi!

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru