IndiaDivine.org

Shraddha Sooktham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rajarajeshwari anuraktis,

One person who met me recently told me that he did so many things like doing rudrabhisheka,homas etc but he is not getting involved in the process and that he is just doing it for the sake of doing.

Since he was a vedic person he just sought my help in a vedic way.

I told him to do Shraddha sooktham. It comes in rigveda (10.151). Even though his shakha was Krishna yajur Veda I advised him to do that and gain benefit.

So I just wanted to pass on the information to the group members that they too can do the Shraddha sooktam(which cannot be found easily in most books in the market).

One can get the shraddha sooktham in one Ramakrishna mutt publication " VEDA MANTHIRANGAL" in Tamil(with Sanskrit script too but with Tamil transliteration and translation)

But one problem with the book is that the dwiaksharas,hrasvas and ekaksharas for the vedam is a bit awry but the Sanskrit script is correct. I had to make corrections here and there and dole it out to that person.But Iam sure this problem can be obviated by the guidance of a vedic pundit easily after procuring the book from Ramakrishna mutt.

Iam also sure Ramakrishna mutt will have English,Hindi,Bengali,Telugu,Malayalam versions of this Tamil book which I bought by the name " Veda mantras","Vedmantr" etc according to the language.

For people lacking in 'shraddha'(which is more than the concept of faith) one can chant the small vedic sooktham(just a few lines) and gain immense and immediate benefit.

Shraddha is needed even to do manual,routine work then just think how much more is the need for higher things in spirituality.

The word Shraddha does not have a parallel in the English language. The closest word that comes near this devabhashic word is " Intense faith".

Shraddha means = Intense faith+concentration+fire in one's belly and heart+total involvement+ using one's intellect in coherence with an inbuilt capacity to believe+ goodness

And not just faith or concentration as people think.

(Shirdi saibaba)

Maybe this why the great yogi and Avadhutha Shirdi wale Sayee Baba said please give me two pice " shraddha" and "saburi"(Saburi incidentally means much more than mere patience it implies a kind of resilience in addition to being patient). He knew the value of the ancient vedic concept of shraddha and doled it out to his devotees in an easily understandable form.

Shraddha sooktham says even asuras cannot do evil without a bit of shraddha!(this though sounds like an exaggeration is true because any activity be it evil or good needs concentration)

There is a yajurvedic shraddha sooktham too but I prefer the rigvedic one for faster results as the rigvedic one is better for chanting and the yajur vedic one is good for homa(shraddha sooktha homa)

One will see a quantum jump in any activity and not just spiritual activities. One will see that if one recites shraddha sooktham for five minutes per day one will see that he can better concentrate in his job,family,business etc.

Shraddha yaagni samidyathe!

(Shraddha is the 'increaser' to the yagna....Shraddha sooktham)

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

• 8 years later...