IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: RE: [IISH-ME] Devi AdhiParaskthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Note: forwarded message attached.

Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.

Dear Madam,

I have a doubt in this matter. In Bhagavad Gita, Krishna says that he is the origin of everything. Please refer to Chapters 7, 9 and 10. Can you clarify the contradictory information from Devi Mahatmyam.

Regards,

Manoj

----Original Message Follows----Babitha Vasanth <babitha70IISH-ME-owner To: devishakti_india <devishakti_india, divine nature <divine-nature, Bharthan <iish-me >, Rajarajeshmwari <rajarajeshwari_kalpataru >, Mookambika , themysticl <themysticl, Satoree <triplegoddessgrove >, Water Green <watgreensboro >[iISH-ME] Devi AdhiParaskthiTue, 19 Jul 2005 02:28:04 -0700 (PDT)The classic text of the Devi Mahatmya, tells a story of how sakthisemerged from each of the Gods to aid the Supreme Goddess in fightingthe asuras (demons). Each sakthi possessed the form,ornament, andmount of the particular god. These are the goddesses who serveAdhiparasakthi and carry out Her functions.Devi AdhiParaskthiThe one who rules this world. Everything in this world is containedinHER. All forms in the world are HER forms. All living things are partof HER.It is Devi AdhiParasakthi who performs the tasks of the Tri-Murthys,Sive, Vishnu and Brahma. She is the 8 Siddhis, 7 Rishis, Lords of the8 directions, 11 Rudras and many moreShe is not only worshipped by men but also by the devas. She ispresent in everything we see. She is represente in the plants,the animals, the birds, the sea, the sky and the holy river.She is the Sakthi ( power) who drives this world. She is the motherofmankindThe 7 Goddess of AdhiParasakthiBRAHMIBrahmi represents Lord Brahma's energy. She has big eyes. Her body isgolden in color with four arms. She is seated on Her vehicle which isa swan.CHAMUNDIChamundi represents an aspect of Mother's energy. She has three eyesand eight hands. She is seated on Her vehicle which is a buffalo. Herleft foot is resting on a demon who is praying to Her.INDIRANIIndirani represents Lord Indra's energy. She is wearing verybeautiful(rich) ornaments and clothing and has four arms. She isseated on hervehicle which is an elephant.KOWMARIKowmari represents Lord Muruga's energy. She is kumkum (red powder)incolor with four arms and she wears a diamond studded crown. Her flagwhich has a peacock on it. She is seated on Her vehicle which is apeacock.MAHESWARIMaheswari represents Lord Shiva's energy. She has three eyes (2normaland 1 in Her forehead). Her body is white in color with four ams. Herhair is shaped into a crown and She has a cobra around Her neck. Shealso has Her weapon which is a Soolum (trident) and her flag whichhasa bull on it. She is seated on Her vehicle which is a bull.VARAHIVarahi represents Lord Yama's energy. She is very dark in color andshe is wearing black silk and black jewelry. Her face is like that ofa boar and she has four arms. She is seated on a peetam (seat)with her left foot supported by a small stool.VISHANAVIVishanavi represents Lord Vishnu's energy. She has lotus like eyesandHer body is a dark cloud color (blueish) with four arms. She isseatedon Her vehicle which is a eagleAre you an F1 fan? Check out freebies in the racing zone Read race reports and columns by Narain