IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Fwd: RE: [IISH-ME] Devi AdhiParaskthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Shri. Paleli Narayanan Namboodiri is a famous prabhashakan (one who does discourses in temples) in Kerala. During one of my vacations, I met him in Thiruvambady temple in Thrissur, Kerala. Shri. Paleli is a great scholar and he is a chemistry progessor as well. Amoung discussing several other matterrs, I asked him a question (What was asked, that I do not mention here), Within a second Paleli replied:

When HE appears before you wearing golden crown with peacock feather atop holding a bamboo reed (Bansuri - Murali) with yellow attire and a vanamala, we call him GURUVAYOORAPPAN (Krishnan). When we we see HIM wearing a sari with lots of ornaments with 8 hands etc. we call HIM AMMA (AMBA, BHAGAVATI, JAGADISWARI, BHAVANI, etc.). My mind made a full stop to my doubts and silly arguments.

Hope, you understand the matter.

Pranamam Paleli....

In Bhagawat Gita, if my limited knowledge was right, Bhagavan talked to Arjuna. The rough or gross meaning is the following:

O Arjuna, I am all. All the dieties are me, all forms are me. If anybody tries to reach me in any form of any diety, I will appear before him in the form of that diety. Through that diety they will eventually reach me....

May be my language is much unscruplous. However, I solicit others great help to give the correct wording of this particular stanza of Bhagavat Gita.

Everthing Thou' Art! We mortals indulge in argument. However, select a way as Bhagawan says in Gita and start your journey that will eventually reach you to the supreme.

Onnaya Ninne Iha randennu kandalavil.......this is a Malayalam slokam written by a poor, unscholastic Namboodiripad called Poonthanam, a staunch devotee of Lord Guruvayoorappan. Yes, we see HIM in myriad forms and become illussioned.

Ekam sat

Vipram bahuta vadanth

Expecting your kind feed back.

Krishna Guruvayoorappa!

Amme Narayana!

Devan

Babitha Vasanth <babitha70 wrote:

Note: forwarded message attached.

Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more. "Manoj Unnikrishnan" <manojunnbabitha70Subject: RE: [iISH-ME] Devi AdhiParaskthiSun, 24 Jul 2005 19:31:53 +0530

Dear Madam,

I have a doubt in this matter. In Bhagavad Gita, Krishna says that he is the origin of everything. Please refer to Chapters 7, 9 and 10. Can you clarify the contradictory information from Devi Mahatmyam.

Regards,

Manoj

----Original Message Follows----Babitha Vasanth <babitha70IISH-ME-owner To: devishakti_india <devishakti_india, divine nature <divine-nature, Bharthan <iish-me >, Rajarajeshmwari <rajarajeshwari_kalpataru >, Mookambika , themysticl <themysticl, Satoree <triplegoddessgrove >, Water Green <watgreensboro >[iISH-ME] Devi AdhiParaskthiTue, 19 Jul 2005 02:28:04 -0700 (PDT)The classic text of the Devi Mahatmya, tells a story of how sakthisemerged from each of the Gods to aid the Supreme Goddess in fightingthe asuras (demons). Each sakthi possessed the form,ornament,

andmount of the particular god. These are the goddesses who serveAdhiparasakthi and carry out Her functions.Devi AdhiParaskthiThe one who rules this world. Everything in this world is containedinHER. All forms in the world are HER forms. All living things are partof HER.It is Devi AdhiParasakthi who performs the tasks of the Tri-Murthys,Sive, Vishnu and Brahma. She is the 8 Siddhis, 7 Rishis, Lords of the8 directions, 11 Rudras and many moreShe is not only worshipped by men but also by the devas. She ispresent in everything we see. She is represente in the plants,the animals, the birds, the sea, the sky and the holy river.She is the Sakthi ( power) who drives this world. She is the motherofmankindThe 7 Goddess of AdhiParasakthiBRAHMIBrahmi represents Lord Brahma's energy. She has big eyes. Her body isgolden in color with four arms. She is seated on Her vehicle which isa

swan.CHAMUNDIChamundi represents an aspect of Mother's energy. She has three eyesand eight hands. She is seated on Her vehicle which is a buffalo. Herleft foot is resting on a demon who is praying to Her.INDIRANIIndirani represents Lord Indra's energy. She is wearing verybeautiful(rich) ornaments and clothing and has four arms. She isseated on hervehicle which is an elephant.KOWMARIKowmari represents Lord Muruga's energy. She is kumkum (red powder)incolor with four arms and she wears a diamond studded crown. Her flagwhich has a peacock on it. She is seated on Her vehicle which is apeacock.MAHESWARIMaheswari represents Lord Shiva's energy. She has three eyes (2normaland 1 in Her forehead). Her body is white in color with four ams. Herhair is shaped into a crown and She has a cobra around Her neck. Shealso has Her weapon which is a Soolum (trident) and her flag whichhasa bull on

it. She is seated on Her vehicle which is a bull.VARAHIVarahi represents Lord Yama's energy. She is very dark in color andshe is wearing black silk and black jewelry. Her face is like that ofa boar and she has four arms. She is seated on a peetam (seat)with her left foot supported by a small stool.VISHANAVIVishanavi represents Lord Vishnu's energy. She has lotus like eyesandHer body is a dark cloud color (blueish) with four arms. She isseatedon Her vehicle which is a eagle

Are you an F1 fan? Check out freebies in the racing zone Read race reports and columns by Narain

Start your day with - make it your home page