IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] how can one get a guru?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sreeramji,

There is beautiful reference by our beloved H.E. President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in his autobiography, The Wngs on Fire.

When he got failed in a selection of poilets in Indian Army, he became so much disheartened. He was craving for somebody to be with him to console or give good advice, in the stature of a spiritual soul. Then he started his journey that ended up at the doors of Shivananda Ashram. He got exalted as to the achievement that he wished for. One should go through the lines in the book to feel how he prayed to the Almighty. He says, when the student is ready, the Guru will appear.

Thereafter, Dr. Abdul Kalam need not to look back.....the journey of the great man started from that point.

Sri Gurubhyo Namah!

Devanpara_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Dear All,I did not want to post anything on this as a reply because Guru is such a vast ocean and subject ....infinite times more than SRIVIDYA UPASANA ITSELF that I kept quite .....but since my name has been pulled out Iam just giving my thoughts on this matter...When the disciple is ready the Guru comes---Yes, this is absolutely true. But it is one side of the coin.The student should take one step toward the "Guru" then the "Guru" will take ten steps toward Him.The question of readiness is like the eternal question which came first ..the chick or the hen?...In other words, if a student is ready he will take his first step for the guru to take the ten steps and if that be so then only a person who is ready will take that step in the first place. The logic gets convoluted here.But Guru Tatwa is beyond

these tiny dimensions of logicalities.When the Guru comes your heart will know and then your soul will burn with fire. This fire is the true 'trishna'. Guru releives you from "Gu"(darkness) to "ru"(light).There might be some mirages in the desert which look like an oasis from afar and the heart delights but the fire in the soul is absent. When one comes near one finds that the heart which seeks "beauty" has been fooled yet again. The soul which seeks the real thing has not been slaked of it's thirst and the journey continues.I do not know whether one can or cannot accept the mantra OM NAMA SHIVAAYA or HREEM as the Guru/Guru mantra.If one has another guru as destined by the initial flame from which you were born as an inanimate thing then an animate thing and now as a human then it would be wrong to accept even Lord Shiva or Devi as your Guru.Guru is beyond them both. He can take you higher than

both. It is your 'Blind' belief which will take you there once you have tested and found your guru. YES, BELIEF IS BLIND. If belief has eyes then you suspect. If your Guru says " My child walk with closed eyes on the summit of this bursting volcano on the lava..I will protect you"...One should walk with eyes closed. If even one eye is cleverly opened to see whether the feet are b;istered then deep inside the "trust" is missing.Surrender and prapathi are not easy concepts. Vaishnavites use these words often and engage in useless discussions on this. I myself who was a vaishnavite before I enetered into shaktha know it.I can give one pertinent example.Tulsidas a great devotee of Rama once came to a house in a village and asked for alms. The lady of the house fed him sumptuously and washed his feet. He was so happy that he said " Oh! Lady! Ask anything ...I will grant you the boon" The lady said" It is useless

Maharaj! Noone can fulfill my desire" . Tulsidas said" My Lord can". The Lady sighed and said " Ok give me the boon of a child. I had so many misacrriages and abortions that Iam fed up" Tulsidas smiled and said " Only this much?...ok fine I will pray Lord Rama and will get you easily" He then prayed Lord Rama and he got an answer. He sadly shook his head and said" A child is not in your destiny as you have done lot of sins in your past birth". Then he blessed the woman and went away.Then an aghori came by and he partook food similarly in the lady's house and asked her what she wants. The same scene was enacted. He said to her" I piss on destiny". He said for every roti you have fed me you will have a child. And she had fed him 8 rotis. She had 8 children in due course of time!Tulsidas came after 8 years to her town again in search of alms singing the glory of Rama. He was surprised to see 8 children playing in

her courtyard. He asked her what happened and when he finally knew the story of the aghori he was very offended and cried to Lord rama" On Rama you have forsaken me!..In what way am i less than that filthy and evil-smelling aghori?"Rama smiled at him and said," Tulsi, that aghori is somehing different from you. He has gone beyond the concept of satwaa and beoing a saint and tryong to surrender"Then Rama decided to give Tulsidas a good lessonwith the help pof the aghori and suddenly started to shout," Oh I have terrific pain in the heart. Please Tulsi,get me a heart from someone so that I can get some releif"Tulsidas got scared: if something were to happen to Lord Rama what would be the fate as Rama's cheif devotee? So he ran into the street shouting'" A heart! Lord Rama needs a heart! Who will give his heart for Rama?"The aghori who was relaxing under a tree,heard him and said," Arrey yo! Tulsi Idhar

aaa(come here)" When Tulsidas came near him he said" Now I know how much love you have for your Lord Rama. If you really loved Him,you would have given your heart instantanoeusly when he asked. here ,if Lord Rama wants a heart .let Him take mine as He and my Ma Smashan Tara are one and the same and Iam just giving this to my heavenly father",so saying he ripped open his chest with his fingers,tore out his heart, and even before he could hand out the heart he diesd bleeding. Then tulsidas plucked hi s heart and went into meditatio n to offer the heart to Rama,Rama smiled at him and said" Now do you see how a real lover behaves with his beloeved? He loved smashan Tara so much he gave his heart thinking it was her in me. Will you do the same thing if he comes and asks please give a heart to my mother? You will run away scared at both the prospect of giving your heart and also hating the foul-smelling Devi called smashan tara who

resides in a cemetry!..from now on do not use the words Prapathi and saranagathi for me!" And he dissappeared. And Tulsidas had to keep quite and acknowledge the greatness of the aghori. And what became of the aghori? He went to the "land of Rama"(read Smashan Tara) before Tulsidas could struggle his way.Surrender ,surrender and surrender these are the only three words which will take you to your guru.sURRENDER WITH ALL YOUR MIND WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL.FOR HE/SHE IS THE GREAT REDEEMER.Getting a guru is very very difficult. It is not easy. With sadhana one can get visions of gods and godesses but not your true,eka guru!Guru decides when he has to come but still as a lover of your guru you can yearn for him and the message will be passed by ether to him and he will come.Ofcourse some do Gurugeetha and stuff to obtai Him but myfriend Guru is not another routine or

another sadhana! He comes and gives. He also instills the very inspirtaion that you have to seek him. Since you have this idea that Guru must come into your life. It has been instilled by your guru somehwere in the cosmos...whoever that might be.One has to keep thinking of guru every second to obtain him and then when he comes the wheel is complete you both can keep rolling for eternity.Happy rolling,Shreeram BalijepalliRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , Tejaswi Srivvetsa <tejaswi2@g...> wrote:> Dear All,> When the Student is ready "The teacher will appear", this is what I have > read long time back. When you are ready to receive the teachings without > doubting the Seer/Guru he/she will appear. As said doubt should not be > there. Any how that is Philosophy, not so much use only to ponder on it.> I

read somewhere that "Om Namah Shivaya" is a good mantra as who else can > be a greater GURU than him.> In one of the texts that I have read try this Akshara "HREEM". You will > see the path.> If this is fits Moderator Shreeram will allow or may not.> Thanks> Anand

Start your day with - make it your home page