IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Chandi.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

About the temple

MAA CHANDIDEVI

Maa Chandidevi Temple

Located atop Neel Parvat Hardwar, Chandidevi temple is one of the most ancient temples of north India. This is a Sidhapeeth (holy places where one's wishes are fulfilled). Chandidevi alongwith Mansadevi and Mayadevi temple form a Siddhapeeth triangle in the holy city of Hardwar. The main deity is said to have been installed in the 8th century by Adishankaracharya. According to legends, in ancient times, demon kings Shumbh and Nishumbh had captured the kingdom of Lord Indra and thrown out gods from heaven. After intense prayers to gods, incarnation of power and strength, Chandika Devi appeared from the cells of the body of Goddess Parvathi. She assumed the form of an exceptionally beautiful woman and Shumbh wished to marry her. On being refused, Shumbh sent his demon chief Chanda and Munda to kill her. They were killed by Kalika devi born out of Chandika Devi's anger. Shumbh and Nishumbh then tried to kill Chandika Devi but were slain by the Goddess. Thereafter Chandika Devi is said to have rested for a short while at the temple location. 200 metres from Goddess Chandidevi temple, the temple of Anjanadevi, mother of Hanuman is located.

Goddess Chandidevi has been fulfilling wishes of millions of devotees for thousands of years.

Maa Chandidevi

MAA CHANDIDEVI

Maa Chandidevi is the most modern of its kind in south asia. The pilgrims can visit both the temples located on the hill top by the ropeway in around 5 minutes while the steep climb by steps takes over 45 minutes. The situated near Gaurishankar temple on the Nazibabad Road is 3 Kms. from Har-Ki-Pauri and can be easily reached by car, bus, tempo, rickshaw etc, apart from bus service between Mansadevi and Chandidevi.

Timings of Udankhatola8.30 am to 6.00 pm (No Lunch Break)AMENITIES

Landscaped Garden Sitting & Resting Area Toilets Drinking Water Devotional Music Close Circuit TV

SCHEMES

Tkt Type

Fare

Details

Single

Rs. 70

One to & fro journey per person on Chandidevi

Combined

Rs. 99

One to & fro journey per person on Chandidevi and One to & fro journey per person on Mansadevi

Package

Rs. 135

Same as in combined ticket + to and fro transportation between Chandidevi & Mansadevi

Chandidevi Package

Rs. 96

One to & fro journey per person on Chandidevi Udankhatola + to & fro transportation between Chandidevi & Mansadevi

Additional Benefits

1. AC bus transport2. Priority Boarding3. Sun Cap4. Booklet

Concession

Rs. 50

For physically and visually handicapped persons, Serving Military personnel and war widows.

Free Rides for

Children below 110 cm height

For more information and advance block bookings of tickets, contact: Resident Manager,Maa Chandidevi ,Near Gauri Shankar Temple,Hardwar, Uttaranchal. Phone: 01334-220323Fax: 01334-220324Email: chandidevi

"G.Vengades" <venga wrote:

Good morning to you.I would like to know more of Chandi.My father was a follower but did not pass all that is needed to perform pooja or any mantra that I can use.I have asked some of my friends that once a family holds a tradition it must be passed on to the next generation and in this case it is me.My father passed away 2 years back and I want to continue his footsteps of worshiping Chandi.I would like to get all the information about Chandi(mantra,yantra any books,how to perform pooja,what are the best days etc)Would be good if you could help since I see that most of you have more than what I have been doing for about 30 years.Thanks.G.Vengades

Start your day with - make it your home page