IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Hi all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Chitra Ma,

You have come to the right place and asked the question.

Fisr let me tell you that today morning when i opened my email i was pleasently surprised to see your query for managal chandika stotra.

Rajarajeshwari devi whom i pray in Nanganallur is called SARVAMANAGALA and it is the same as MANAGALA CHANDIKA DEVI SWARUPA but in a more powerful way.

I will quote a bit of reference here.

The mention of managala chandika comes in Devi Bhagavatham in ninth book chapter XLVII

26-37. Mahâdeva said :-- Protect me, Protect me, O Mother! O Devî Mangal Chandîke! Thou, the Destroyer of difficulties! Thou givest joy and good. Thou art clever in giving delight and fortune. Thou the bestower of all bliss and prosperity! Thou, the auspicious, Thou art Mangala Chandîkâ. Thou art Mangalâ, worthy of all good, Thou art the auspicious of all auspicious; Thou bestowest good to the good persons. Thou art worthy to be worshipped on Tuesday (the Mangala day); Thou art the Deity, desired by all. The King Mangala, born of Manu family always worships Thee. Thou, the presiding Devî of Mangala; Thou art the repository of all the good that are in this world. Thou, the Bestower of the auspicious Moksa. Thou, the best of all; Thou, the respository of all good; Thou makest one cross all the Karmas; the people worship Thee on every Tuesday; Thou bestowest abundance of Bliss to all. Thus praising

Mangala Chandîkâ with this stotra, and worshipping on every

tuesday, S’ambhu departed. The Devî Sarva Mangalâ was first worshipped by Mahâdeva. Next she was worsh ipped by the planet Mars; then by the King Mangala; then on every Tuesday by the ladies of every household. Fifthly she was worshipped by all men, desirous of their welfare. So in every universe Mangal Chandîkâ, first worshipped by Mahâdeva, came to be worshipped by all. Next she came to be worshipped everywhere, by the Devas, Munis, Mânavas, Manus. O Muni! He who hears with undivided attention this stotra of the Devî Mangala Chandîkâ, finds no evils anywhere. Rather all good comes to him. Day after day he gets sons and grandsons and so his prosperity gets increased, yea, verily increased!

38-58. Nârâyana said :-- O Nârada! Thus I narrated to you the stories of Sasthî and Mangala Chandîkâ, according to the Vedas. Now hear the story of Manasâ that I heard from the mouth of Dharama Deva.

The name of magala chandika also occurs while describing the history and glory of Radharani in chapter fifty of the same book.

THUS YOU HAVE IT: IT IS THE VERSES 26 TILL 37 OF DEVI BHAGAVATHAM NINTH BOOK,CHAPTER 47 WHICH IS CALLED MANAGALA CHANDIKA STOTRA MANTRA.Certain texts like devi bhagavatham and devi maahatmyam have some slokas as mantras which can be done for specific purposes.

Also I would like to mention here that Devi Gita constitutes the last ten chapters of the seventh Skandha of the Devi Bhagavatam. In the puranas, one will find several gitas and many mahatmyas. The differences are that in the mahatmya, the glorification of the deity is by recounting the various deeds of the God and offering praise to the divinity. A gita, on the other hand, is a direct revelation of the truth from the disciple, which often includes the manifestation of the cosmic form. While mahatymas emphasize bhakti, gita stresses a balance of bhakti and jnana.

You can buy all the three volumes of Devi Bhagavatham being published by RAMAKRISHNA MUTT,INDIA and see the navami skaandham(ninth book) and in chapter 47 and read verses 26 till 37 in sanskirt if you want to chant MANGALA CHANDIKA STOTRA.

Hope this helps.

Yours yogically,

Shreeram

"chitra.R." <ixora_79 wrote:

Dear All,

I've just joined this group today. At the moment, i am seeking help from anyone who knows the mantra ' Mangala Chandika Stotram for Durga.

Thanks.

Chit.

Start your day with - make it your home page

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Mail Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour

Dear Shreeram,

I am very happy to read your notes.

as today I know some are celebrating "Mangala Gauri Vratam",

I would be happy if you could shed some light on this topic..

regards.

Group Owner <para_anuloma wrote:

Dear Chitra Ma,

You have come to the right place and asked the question.

Fisr let me tell you that today morning when i opened my email i was pleasently surprised to see your query for managal chandika stotra.

Rajarajeshwari devi whom i pray in Nanganallur is called SARVAMANAGALA and it is the same as MANAGALA CHANDIKA DEVI SWARUPA but in a more powerful way.

I will quote a bit of reference here.

The mention of managala chandika comes in Devi Bhagavatham in ninth book chapter XLVII

26-37. Mahâdeva said :-- Protect me, Protect me, O Mother! O Devî Mangal Chandîke! Thou, the Destroyer of difficulties! Thou givest joy and good. Thou art clever in giving delight and fortune. Thou the bestower of all bliss and prosperity! Thou, the auspicious, Thou art Mangala Chandîkâ. Thou art Mangalâ, worthy of all good, Thou art the auspicious of all auspicious; Thou bestowest good to the good persons. Thou art worthy to be worshipped on Tuesday (the Mangala day); Thou art the Deity, desired by all. The King Mangala, born of Manu family always worships Thee. Thou, the presiding Devî of Mangala; Thou art the repository of all the good that are in this world. Thou, the Bestower of the auspicious Moksa. Thou, the best of all; Thou, the respository of all good; Thou makest one cross all the Karmas; the people worship Thee on every Tuesday; Thou bestowest abundance of Bliss to all. Thus praising

Mangala Chandîkâ with this stotra, and worshipping on every

tuesday, S’ambhu departed. The Devî Sarva Mangalâ was first worshipped by Mahâdeva. Next she was worsh ipped by the planet Mars; then by the King Mangala; then on every Tuesday by the ladies of every household. Fifthly she was worshipped by all men, desirous of their welfare. So in every universe Mangal Chandîkâ, first worshipped by Mahâdeva, came to be worshipped by all. Next she came to be worshipped everywhere, by the Devas, Munis, Mânavas, Manus. O Muni! He who hears with undivided attention this stotra of the Devî Mangala Chandîkâ, finds no evils anywhere. Rather all good comes to him. Day after day he gets sons and grandsons and so his prosperity gets increased, yea, verily increased!

38-58. Nârâyana said :-- O Nârada! Thus I narrated to you the stories of Sasthî and Mangala Chandîkâ, according to the Vedas. Now hear the story of Manasâ that I heard from the mouth of Dharama Deva.

The name of magala chandika also occurs while describing the history and glory of Radharani in chapter fifty of the same book.

THUS YOU HAVE IT: IT IS THE VERSES 26 TILL 37 OF DEVI BHAGAVATHAM NINTH BOOK,CHAPTER 47 WHICH IS CALLED MANAGALA CHANDIKA STOTRA MANTRA.Certain texts like devi bhagavatham and devi maahatmyam have some slokas as mantras which can be done for specific purposes.

Also I would like to mention here that Devi Gita constitutes the last ten chapters of the seventh Skandha of the Devi Bhagavatam. In the puranas, one will find several gitas and many mahatmyas. The differences are that in the mahatmya, the glorification of the deity is by recounting the various deeds of the God and offering praise to the divinity. A gita, on the other hand, is a direct revelation of the truth from the disciple, which often includes the manifestation of the cosmic form. While mahatymas emphasize bhakti, gita stresses a balance of bhakti and jnana.

You can buy all the three volumes of Devi Bhagavatham being published by RAMAKRISHNA MUTT,INDIA and see the navami skaandham(ninth book) and in chapter 47 and read verses 26 till 37 in sanskirt if you want to chant MANGALA CHANDIKA STOTRA.

Hope this helps.

Yours yogically,

Shreeram

"chitra.R." <ixora_79 wrote:

Dear All,

I've just joined this group today. At the moment, i am seeking help from anyone who knows the mantra ' Mangala Chandika Stotram for Durga.

Thanks.

Chit.

Start your day with - make it your home page

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

MailStay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour