IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Kalyana Anjaneya and Suvarchala Devi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

I read this when I was travelling from Palasa to hyd in the train. Lord Hanuman's mother wanted to see him married as that was her desire to see his son have a consort. So Lord Surya approaced Lord Hanuman ( disciple ) to give his Guru-Dakshina. As Surya did not ask Hanuman to pay him dakshina when he completed his studies.

But before that there is a big flash back story to this. Lord Brahma gives him a boon of Celibacy and to be a strong devotee of Lord Rama which Devarshi Narada knows about.

So now when Surya comes and ask him to marry his daughter Suvarchala, Who is bright and beautiful with the lustre of SUN ( being in that same abode/loka) as Guru-dakshina. But Lord Hanuman tries to avoid every way to giving lot of Philosophical and logical thing as to why marriage to him is not appropriate.

Finally convinced, and I think Lord Brahma, Devarshi narada both come to convince him. So finally he tells them all " I will get married, but what you are going to see or happen, no body is going to question him "

Mother Anjana devi get so happy that son has agreed to marry. So Suvarchala is summoned by Father Surya. Marriage happens and then Lord Hanuman holds Suvarchala's left hand and puts it on his chest/heart area and consumes her (This process is difficult to explain, best left to your imagination). As she becomes part of him, her lustre and power gets in him. So he is married and still a celibate.

Very clever, but Mother gets very upset. At that point some boons are granted to him and he gets his purpose of life from Lord Brahma and requested by Lord Surya to go and assist his son Sugriva @ kishkinda. (How did Lord Surya have a son Sugriva and How Indra had Vali as Son is another story to talk about.)

Yours

Anand