IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Question: Number of lamps in Pooja

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

In this regard can you enlighten us about Mohini Deepam .....

Regards

Sampathpara_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Dear Saravanan Avargale,Two Kamkshi lamps if you are doing pooja.(each one-wicked)Other lamps must have two wicks, both facing East.There are special deepa aradhana and deepa darshana pujas where many wicked(5,7,9,16 and even 54) is done but that needs special mantras and pyramidal arrangement.(You can see such lamps in keralite temples like say Maalikapurathamma,Kodunganallur Bhagavthy, Guruvaayur,etc)For srividya it is differentWhere not any major pujas are being done...One kamakshi lamp is enoughTil oil removes shani peedha and suffering.Ghee gives moksha and prosperity.Other oils have other effects.....Please see some old postings of mine where I have explained this.Also what 'thiri'(wick) you use also plays an important role. To be on the safe side use cotton wick or lotus stem

wick.Hope this helps...Yours yogically,ShreeramRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , "saravananbalaraman" <ethinder@h...> wrote:> Dear Brothers & Sisters,> > How many lamps, specifically Kamakshi lamps, > can be lit in the Pooja room? I was told that only one should be lit > in the Pooja room. I have 2 lamps and I light them both. If there are > more procedures regarding lamps, please share with me.> > Thanks> Saravanan

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.