IndiaDivine.org

Greatest God-Reply to Yashji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Yashji, (Shankara Narayana Temple deity picture-This image alone will suffice as it explains what Iam going to do in thousand odd words!) I did not want to answer this question(fait accompli) but I guess I will answer it anyways.Also Iam yet to realise my own greatness before I comment upon the greatness of great Gods like Shiva and Narayana! (Lord Shiva in yogic form with Baby Krishna) Krishna in Padma puran expounds thus: Jagath sthusho hyatma mama mulam mahamune.Yo devaha sarva devanam Dheyaya pujya Sadashivaha. Here in this verse Krishna extols the greatness of worship of Shiva. Shiva being a demi-God is being cleverly portrayed by one popular Krishna organisation(Most of you know which organisation it is.). Iam sure Lord Krishna will not be happy at these bad tidings.To say Shiva as Demi god is an outright insult to yoga as he is

considered the God of yoga. The vaishnavites say thus because it is quoted in the Bhagavatam vaisnavanam yatha sambuh. When Shiva is seen chanting on japa beads, eyes closed and seated in meditation, itis because he is meditating on Lord Vishnu's transcendental form and chanting His holy names. This is one side of the story.The other side is seen in Shivamahapuran where it says that Vishnu is the greatest devotee of Lord Shiva!There is even a story how Shiva pleased with Lord Vishnu's penance granted him the Sudarshana Chakra. All this information is cleverly omitted by the Vaishnavites.If this point is put forth they say "Bhagavatam is a Saatvic text" and that "Shiva purana is a 'tamasic' text". There is no such classifications anywhere. This just sprouts forth from their ignorance,insecurity and over-zealous nature.And also because Shiva is considered 'Tamas'. One should note that "Lord shiva" is not Tamasic but the "Shiva" is seen tamasic inside the kundalini

sleeping atop the cranium.This is the shiva maha siddhantha. This has been misinterpreted by many saying Vishnu as Satwic,Shiva as Tamasic and Brahma as Rajasic. If Shiva is Tamasic--He should be sleeping always and not meditating. He cannot become even an ordinary Yogi leave alone 'God of Yoga'(Yogeshwara). (Does 'poor' Brahma look Rajasic in these images? He looks as much Satwic as Lord Narayana!.Please have the sense of the artist atleast when you start comparing and judging!) If Brahma is Rajasic--He must be always behind sex and engaged in wars!--This was not purported by the vedas,shastras and Puranas. Brahma being Rajasic means the creative aspect in all organisms which need a sexual

expression and since He is the God of Creation such anentitlement is given. Brahma is the son of Vishnu.Then it further adds a calmunous brush to Vishnu only if such asinine claims are made. Vishnu's function ofsustaining/pervading depends upon a creation fromBrahma and Rudra's function of destruction dependsupon Vishnu's sustaining that creation, and again backto Brahma after destruction. Hence they are allinter-dependent. One more pertinent point to be noted is that "Narayana" means one who draws a nara toward Himself/God. It does not exactly mean Lord of Vaikunta. It just means to the Parabrahmic spark in any great spiritualist. Just because there are many people who accept a particular 'theory' to be true does not make for a truth. It has to be tested with the inner fire. To talk in terms of "My sect Vs Your sect" bespeaks unbeknownst of the 'devotee' his ignorance. In my Andhra-Vaideeki

Velanadu sandhyavandana sampradaya I say toward the end "Shivaya Vishnu roopaya Shiva roopaya Vishnave' Shivasya Hridayam Vishnuhu Vishnoscha Hridayagum shivaha" ---Shiva is the aspect of Vishnu and Vishnu is the aspect of Shiva. In Shiva's Hridaya lies Vishnu and viceversa. Then I further say as per the Krishna-Yajus Sandhyavanda Reethi --Yatha Shivamayo Vishnurevam Vishnumayashivaha Yatha Antaram

Na pashyaami Thathaa me' Swastiraayushee Just as Shiva is filled with Vishnu.Like wise Vishnu is filled with Shiva.I should get the amount of auspiciousness equivalent to the amount of discrimnation I make. In other words if I make no discrimination then I get the full result of the Sandhya

vandana. This then should be the spirit and not cribbing which God is the "Greatest"!! You can substitute Vishnu and Shiva with any other two Gods or even Religions. It makes no significant difference. Difference thus lies in the human perception and in the mind. Break free from that. The 'Greatest' is a purely a subjective consideration. According to me the 'Greatest' lies in your 'advitiyaa atman'.If that is recognized then all Gods and Goddesses will meld there.'Let thine eye be single'-a-la-Jesus Christ. Andal veda is not an 'official' veda. But is an expression of a Divine love for deity by a devotee,hence it can be called verily a Veda(The truth,the word of Parabrahmam).For that devotee Vishnu appears the 'greatest' and rest like demi gods. If a 'shuddha-shivite' is approached he will thump his chest and say "Shiva is the Greatest and all of the rest are Yakshas and Yakshinis before Him". A shaktha will say "Amba is the superiormost". I too might have said many times in my postings that Rajarajeshwari Devi is the

Greatest. I will not eat those words....I cannot...as I have to eat my heart!..as these words are from my heart ! I will die peacefully for Her majesty proclaiming my unbound and unconditional love for Her and also thump my heart not the chest in proclaiming her superiority. But a man of God will say " IAM THE GREATEST" Because in that "IAM" he sees God.You are verily the God-Immanent. No one can snatch that glory away from you. No one,I repeat!This thought is resonant in the Upanishads and Vedas as "Aham Brahmosmi". Brahman-The immanent God in you,the omnipotent,the omniscient, the omnipresent is thus greatest. In one posting I had written that Upanishads have been written by Disciples of Rishis and that Vedas have been 'written' by Rishis directly. I still stick by that statement though one member responded harshly saying that I was wrong.There is a disticntion between the Master and the disciple. But in the case of "Aham Brahmosmi"--both echo the same thought. (Andal) (Nayanmars-Nalvar-'The four') These are mere intellectualisations. Maybe if Andal and a Nayanmar had confabulated they would have drunk from the same cup of Divinity and yet proclaimed that his/her Deity is the 'Greatest'.This then is a dialectical thing. 'God' runs by dialectics.The whole Jagat is a dialectical manifestation. No one wins No one loses. Even the beggar on the street will be 'saved' some day.Salvation is thus for all. This is much akin to the question posed to a small boy as to whether his Daddy or his fabulous neighbour is greater--- who will say "MY DADDY GREATEST"...Even if you extol upon the virtues of his puissant neighbour.A devotee like Andal or a Nayanmar has become a child before his Deity and will shout like that.But a passer-by(read a person with an intellectual bent of mind) will extrapolate that to mean a 'Veda-sathya'. it is thus true as far as the devotee or the experiencer or the seer is concerned but false when someone else tries to say the same

thing.This is not a mere emotive outpouring expressed from the heart of a devotee but a fiery outpouring of longing,eternality,unconditional love and childlike simplicity that has been expressed. Let us humbly bow down to that 'holy instant' where he/she has uttered those words which might sound profane to the outsider but perfectly comprehensible to the insider.Your confusion sprouts from you being an outsider. Come on "in"...I mean into your heart and ask such questions...you will see the light...Instead of asking 'delicate' questions to provoke some response and excite ephemeral interest in the topic.However I do appreciate your sense of quest. LET THERE BE LIGHT.... Eshwaree Rakshathu! LordVishnu is laughing in Vaikunta along with Lord Shiva I can see that! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli Jaya Bhole Nath! Jai Jai Shiva Shankara! Om Namo Bhagavathe' Vasudevaya!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.