IndiaDivine.org

Errata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Kannanji, There are some mistakes in the sanskrit text which I have posted for Mahalakshmi Ashtakam Here below is the correct version.Incidentally it is from Padmapurana The text has been given in Itrans format below. namaste.astu mahAmAye shriipIThe surapUjite .shaN^khachakragadAhaste mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 1. O!

Goddess Mahalakshmi Salutations to you, you are the illusory power of the universe, the basis for all wealth; you are worshipped by divine beings. Conch, chakra, and club in hand, Mahalakshmi, . namaste garuDArUDhe kolaasurabhayaN^kari .sarvapApahare devi mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 2.Salutations to you, seated on Garuda, cause of fear for Kolasura, remover of all sin, Goddess Lakshmi, salutations to you.sarvaGYe sarvavarade sarvaduShTabhayaN^kari .sarvaduHkhahare devi mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 3.O! Goddess Lakshmi, You are All-knowing, boon giver for all, cause of fear for all the wicked, remover of all sorrow, salutations to you.siddhibuddhiprade devi bhuktimuktipradAyini .mantramUrte sadA devi mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 4.O! Goddess, you are the giver of success and intelligence completely, you are the one who generously gives enjoymentand liberation, which is the form of the mantra, Goddess Lakshmi, salutations to you. Adyantarahite devi Adyashaktimaheshvari .yogaje yogasambhUte mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 5.O! Goddess Lakshmi you are the Beginning less and endless goddess, Supreme Goddess of the universe, you are the form of yoga and is born of yoga salutations to you. sthUlasUkshmamahAraudre mahAshakti mahodare .mahApApahare devi mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 6.The great terror (Durga) of gross and subtle (wicked beings), supreme power, protector of the universe, Remover of thegreat sins, Goddess Lakshmi, salutations to you.padmAsanasthite devi parabrahmasvarUpiNi .parameshi jaganmAtaa mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 7.O! Goddess Mahalakshmi Salutations to you one who is seated on a lotus, whose nature is the transcendent infinite, transcendent ruler, mother of the world.shvetaambaradhare devi nAnAlaN^kArabhUShite .jagatsthite jaganmAtarmahAlakshmi namo.astu te .. 8.Dressed in white clothes, (white refers to knowledge) adorned with various

ornaments, mother of the world, abidingin the world, Goddess Lakshmi, salutations to you. phalashruti . (Benefits of chanting this prayer) mahAlakshmyaShTakastotra.n yaH paThedbhaktimAnnaraH .sarvasiddhimavApnoti rAjyaM prApnoti sarvadA ..The devotee who chants this verse of eight stanzas of Goddess Lakshmi gains all success and gains sovereignty at all times.ekakAle paThennityaM mahApApavinAshanam.h .dvikAla.n yaH paThennitya.n dhanadhAnyasamanvitaH ..He who always recites the praise of Maha Lakshmi once daily, will overcome from the great sin; he who recites twice daily, always is endowed with wealth and food. trikAlaM yaH paThennityaM mahAshatruvinAshanam.h .mahAlakshmiirbhavennityaM prasanna varadA shubhA ..He who recites it three times daily will conquer the enemies, and blessed by Goddess Lakshmi . mahAlakshmi namo.astu te .Goddess Lakshmi, salutations to you. Sorry for the errors in the sanskrit text posted. Some syllables were wrong and it missed my notice as I was in a hurry to board the train.I still have some time and thought I should check again.And this time I saw some errors. Normally I usually have some(maybe many) typos in almost all postings I make.This is because I make big postings and am hard pressed for time. Ultimately it is feelings which I want to convey not words. Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.