IndiaDivine.org

effect of japam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

i am new to this group and i consider

myself lucky to be in the company of some sincere upasaks.i have

a query.I recently got ganapathy and bala mantras from my guru.

The japa prescribed was 108.i cant accurately describe the feeling

the japam left in me.I felt elevated and it was almost as if i had

taken a second birth.Then i happened to inform a couple of friends

about my guru and about the initiation.From that day i seemed to

have lost the feeling while chanting.ihave not

shared the mantra itself as per guruji's advice and i belong to

dakshinachara.Can someone explain?

Vijay

Dear Vijayji,

Please peruse my past postings where I have mentioned about the aspect of Secrecy in Srividya(There is a posting by the same name-Secrecy in Srividya).

Never even reveal to anyone what sadhana you are doing except maybe one or two highly evoloved spiritual friends, even they should kept away from the fact of you doing some sadhana.

Holding onto a mantra is like marrying a woman. Will you also allow to more to join you when tying the sacred knot? I know this is a rude example to give but this is how I can home-in my point trenchently.

Mantras are sacred connections between you and the deity with Guru acting as the liberating force.

Mantra sadhanas, experiences be it drem or visions arising out of the sadhana etc have to be kept in wraps.

Power is lost when the force is dissipated and released to the negative vibes of your friends. Eventhough your friends might have encouraged you outwardly, they might not have liked the idea of your spiritual progress in this line.

Let not what other people think about you affect the way you think or lead your life.

And seeing it from another angle, maybe it is simply your initial fetish which created an euphoric feeling in you.Cultivate Shraddha in yourself. Read the posting on Shraddha sooktham I made long time ago.(Use search messages function in the messages site of our group page)

Any Mantra sadhana will have the following phases

INITIAL EXCITEMENTINITIAL FEELINGS OF SUCCESSBOREDOMENNUISLOW DEVELOPMENTTHEN, SOME SMALL IMPROVEMENTSTHEN AGAIN ENNUITHEN AGAIN SMALL IMPROVEMENTSTHEN SOME DREAMSTHEN SOME VISIONSTHEN THE FINAL BLESSING AND KATAKSHAM

One has to follow through all these phases patiently.Ofcourse for some out of past birth vasanas they might immidieately ignite like a camphor stick those exceptions do not make the rule.

Poruthiirundhor Bhumiyai alwaar(Blessed are the patient for they shall inherit the world!)

Potri Nangaiyin Mangai!Potri Shakthathin Marai porul!

Shreeram Balijepalli

Iam publishing a book on Srividya soon and it will have a chapter dedicated to the concept of secrecy in Srividya.

Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , "vijaybargav_80" <vijaybargav_80 wrote:>> > Hi all,> > i am new to this group and i consider> myself lucky to be in the company of some sincere upasaks.i have > a query.I recently got ganapathy and bala mantras from my guru.> The japa prescribed was 108.i cant accurately describe the feeling> the japam left in me.I felt elevated and it was almost as if i had > taken a second birth.Then i happened to inform a couple of friends> about my guru and about the initiation.From that day i seemed to > have lost the feeling while chanting.ihave not > shared the mantra itself as per guruji's advice and i belong to > dakshinachara.Can someone explain?> > Vijay>