IndiaDivine.org

Odyaana Peetha Nilaya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Chandrashekarji,

I am currently busy to give my elaborate postings with images however since you are an aged man and asking me again for another question, I do not want to act as a dampener on your enthusiasm.

I have been giving my own commentaries on the Namas of Lalitha Sahasranama which too will be published soon. I have not yet come to the 165th name which you are asking though I have once answered one query for Panchapreta Manchaadi shaayini.

Now Oddaayana Peetha Nilayaa is ridden with controversies.

Some say it is in Orrissa(Odda Desha)

Some claim that Kanchipura which has the Naabhi sthala of Amba is the real Oddayana Peetha(Also that Kanchee means a 'Vaddiyana'(lady's belt) and thus the Oddiyana has been the corruption of Vaddiyana or viceversa).

I would like to throw a different light given my Kundalini experiences

There are four main peethas and

They are

Kamagiri peetha

Poornagiri Peetha

Jaalandhara Peetha

Odyaana Peetha

Now strictly speaking all these are places but in a code language(sandhya Bhasha as the Lalitha Sahasranama is ridden with cryptic words) it means the Ajnaa Chakra.

The first three refer to Mooladhara,Manipuraka,Anahata and finally Aajnaa Chakra.The Ajna Chakra is located in the front of the brain in the mid portion between the eyebrows.(I can sense a divine entity watching me as Iam typing this!). This is called cryptically the Odyana Peetha. I think all the fights going on between various shaktha peethas each claiming that theirs is the Odyaana peetha nilaya can be put to rest(put to rest at the real odyaana peetham which is the ajnaa chakra madhya)

There are two glands in the odyaana peetham one is called the pineal and the other pitutary gland and these two are called in Sandhya Bhasha as Indra Granthi and Varuna Granthi. Varuna Granthi is symbolized as the 'Bindu' and the Omkara starts from here. Odyaana Peetha Nilaya Bindu Madala Vaasini!

Pineal gland- Microscopic image

I will elaborate on this more in a later posting when I come to the 165th name. I have not even crossed the first page of the Lalitha Sahasranama posting-wise.

Hope this temporarily satisfies your 'trishna'.

Shaakambhari Namasthubhyam!

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli