IndiaDivine.org

Musings on Srividya Meditation and Homas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear G.Subramaniamji and others, Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevata! Have some time to spare. I request all to submit their general queries here in this platform so that when Iam free I can just browse through and answer them rather than search through my inbox which has

many many emails. Also, as I said before, Iam not coming much these days online(till May 15th please excuse me). I might miss your emails in my inbox. Now coming to your question.There are many ways in which Rajarajeshwari Bhagavathy can be worshiped. She is a "Dhyana Dhyaatru Dhyeya Roopini"-(Lalitha Sahasranama). This means that the meditator, meditation and the Mantra used in the meditation are all Devi only. My father's cousin JK(Jiddu Krishnamurthi) a famous philosopher used to tell me this when I was a very small kid in reply to my queries on meditation. At that time I did not understand what he meant. He used to say "The observer is the observation". Now, with Lalitha Sahasranama in my hands I can say not only is the observer and the observation one but also the tool for observation is also one with the flow! In other words the meditator, Meditation, Mantra are all Devi. This is one method of doing the worship of Devi. Subramanyamgaaru,Meeru mantrabaddhamuga,chetanabaddhamuga mariyu manobadhamuga leenamaiyyi undaali appudu meelo unna Devi vikasisthundhi-(You must be completely absorbed in the process-mentally, consciously and mantraically and then the 'Devi' will manifest in You). I was reading the other day a book called "zen in the art of archery"...this contained the same process though 'zennish'. The author Eugen tries hard to concentrate and

shoot but the Master is not pleased and says "No Good" only when the process becomes 'easy', 'flow-like' does the enlightenment occur. But one small thing here, though the enlightenment occurs in an instant one should work hard like Eugen sharpening the bow always(I mean the internal bow). It also reminds me of the story of Buddha. Siddhartha after a long and arduous meditation which made him febrile and weak(almost to the bones). Finally said to himself,"Iam going to rest under this bodhi tree and give up searching".He then sat under the tree that night shivering in the cold. When dawn arrived, he said

"I see light". And that was it, Siddhartha died and Gautama Buddha was born. The enlightenment happened in a second, in a dawn but for that he had to undergo intense penance.There are no short cuts my dear friend. However, one 'shortcut' is available and that is by the process of Homachara. Quoting from the same litany(Lalitha Sahasranama), She is also an 'Yagnapriyaa Yagnakarthree Yajamaana Swaroopini' And here too 'zen like' Devi acts likes the act of the Yajna,directs the act of the Yajna, instructor and the owner of the act of Yagna. This is in principle an act of 'Havir-Havirbhoktri ekam eva' There are different types of Homas like Srividya Homa, Lalitha Sahasranama Homa, Trishati Homa and even a Mahashodasi Homa. The Homachara must be preceded by a proper

Japa Anushtanam and also it must be properly got, in other words as I mentioned in my last posting your 'installer' should 'install' the mantra in your 'system' Installer=Guru Install=give deeksha System=your chetana(consciousness). A mere parrot like repetition of either the litany or the beeja mantras will not help. It will

just give a euphoric feeling that one is doing something great when in reality one just aggrandizes one's ego.Like the parrot it does look beautiful but serves no purpose! One can also do Navavarana puja and Homa. If all these are not possible one can do a Devi Manaseeka puja. But that would require good visualization power. Now, coming to the types of homas. There are three homas Sthoola, Sookshma and ParaHoma Sthoola Homa is the homachara involving the actual lighting of fire and doing a Homa. In the Tantreeka version one must imagine the union of Vaageshwari and Vaagesshwara and the offspirng to be Fire. This is called "Agnimukham"(In the tantreek way). It is too elaborate a procedure to explain in this small posting. I will elucidate upon it later. The litany also has a name "Chidagni kunda sambhutha" this forms the crux of the next type of homa which is called Soookshma Homa. This is done by a Tantreeka procedure to light the fire in the Kundalini-mooladhara chakra and do it internally. This is ven more powerful and will yield very fast results. However, I will not advice this to anyone unless one has a guru and he/she monitors it. Then from that Chid-agni....devi will arise.I will keep mum here. Finally Parahoma is done as the last stage with the feeling of "Shivoham" This is even more esoteric and secretive to reveal

in this public platform.And this has to be got from a preceptor and only a few can do this Homa. Swami Rajagopala, Guhanandaji are experts in this. Mari inka selavu,nenu koncham rush lo unnanu taruvaatha inka koncham chebuthaanu....amritamu kooda ekkuva avuthe vishamu antaaru! Yagnaadhipa Priye'! Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos